Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

For Emergency Use Only, or Target Practice

Friday, July 2, 2010

Since I seem to be running close to empty with creativity today I snagged these questions from Shelby over at her site The Hollands. She's a new follower and I jumped over and checked out her site, saw these and thought this should be a nice diversion today.

1. Please share one memory of your high school graduation. Pics would be great.

Well not many memories of graduation since I graduated early. But I will give you then and now shots.






2. What is one "emergency use" item you keep in your vehicle at all times?

Taurus .38 special UltraLite loaded with hollow points, oh, and lip gloss.


3. In your region, do you celebrate graduation open houses? Addendum: (If so,) how many open houses/bridal showers/weddings are on your upcoming events calendar?

ehh


4. Tell me one truth you believe about motherhood.
No one ever tells you when the cute, little things come home from the hospital that they will one day turn into unruly teenagers, that being a mom NEVER stops and that the amount of Xanex needed is directly related to the number of children you have.



5. What was the last thing you broke?
My bank account.



6. On average, how many pieces of junk mail do you receive daily?
If it's not a check or a package, it's junk!



7. Do you like to shop by catalog?
I shop anyway I can.



8. Is lawn maintenance at your house a "his job," a "her job" or "his/her job" or "that's why we have teenagers" job?

Teenagers? As soon as the minions can see over the handle bar, they're pushing the thing! Just like the diswasher, if they can put food on a plate then they can do the dishes. And let's not forget the laundry. "What do you mean you're too short to reach the buttons on the washer? Want clean clothes? Pull up a stool or stand on your brother."



9. Which room would you like to redecorate in your home?

Redecorate? Well I have a couple of things I'd do. First I'd move my 18 yr old OUT. Then I'd tear down the wall between  my closet and his room. I have a very nice 20x20 closet addition just waiting for me. Then I'd try to childproof my home again. I've tried for years but somehow the grubby pawed bipeds keep getting in.



10. Do you read a newspaper regularly, or do you read most of your news on line?
You have to be kidding me! I love in Portland, OR., one of the most LIBERAL cities in the country. While I do believe that in America we are free to believe what we want, I cannot take the bias that the paper here is printed with. Just give me the news, all of the news, without any slant on it please. Leave the propaganda out.


11. Do you believe everything happens for a reason?
Yes, even if it's due to your own stupidity.



12. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
If you know me at all, you know I'm Right.


16 comments:

Donda July 2, 2010 at 9:46 PM  

Well you sure didn't run out of creativity with your answers! And WOW so insightful with your Xanax dosing information! Let me know how you move the grown one out...my daughter was living on campus freshman yr AHHH what a nice break and has just announced she is not going back..no she thinks she can take a semester off to "live life" and then she will go back UGHHH Just for kicks I might change my fb photo to a hs one, be looking for it LOL

Nicole July 2, 2010 at 10:08 PM  

Ha! Love it. Also - I don't believe you have aged a bit.. and I would also like to add - if I had kids, hell yeah - they would be pushing the lawn mower. (Wait, I guess that would require me buying a house also...) .. oh .. never mind. ;-)

Ms. Understood July 2, 2010 at 10:17 PM  

Great answers. LOL @ stand on your brother and child-proofing your house. At first I thought you meant preparing it for children. Then I figured you meant keeping them out completely LOL. Great pics too. You look beautiful in both photos.

Cheryl D. July 2, 2010 at 11:03 PM  

You were beautiful in high school, but are even prettier now. My daughter has aged me. How do you do it?

Robin July 3, 2010 at 12:11 AM  

Love these. Number 2 is my favorite.

I think you look better now than in high school.

Thanks for the laugh.

Unknown July 3, 2010 at 1:18 AM  

You were pretty in high school, but you really blossomed over the years, Diva! : )

I was thinking "newspapers"? People really still read those? Like the old fashioned kind with ink that gets your fingers dirty? Liberal media or not, it seems so archaic, LOL.

Sorta Southern Single Mom July 3, 2010 at 5:39 AM  

Giggling at #4. We headed to the beach Thursday; my mom, sister, my kids and I, to meet up with my aunt, uncle and their 3 boys. We're driving along in the car and my mom says, "I want to reassure you that I already took a Xanax today." I respond with a completely unfiltered and unsarcastic, "That's FABULOUS!" and then had to backtrack so I didnt' insult her!

Thanks for you comment on my Father's Day post at Single Mom in the South and thanks for following. Sorry it took me so long to come by and visit!

Jamie July 3, 2010 at 8:16 AM  

High fives to 2,4,5,11 and 12.

As always, love the humor.
Sarcasm, our second language.

Babes Mami July 3, 2010 at 9:21 AM  

I love get to know you sorta kinda questions. You look better now then then! :]

Tree July 3, 2010 at 10:56 AM  

Target practice?! BWAHH HA HA!! Love your graduation pic! You're still so pretty! And hey...a girl should be strapped AND have her lip gloss at all times. LOL

North of 25A July 3, 2010 at 3:02 PM  

You have 8 kids and you look like THAT? You are doing something right!
Best,
Colleen

Brenda Susan July 3, 2010 at 3:49 PM  

Haha! The more I read you Diva, the more I love you! BTW you are gorgeous!
I loved #4 Bill Cosby says that babies are like puppies, only cute for a short while!

Classic NYer July 3, 2010 at 6:03 PM  

Hottie at 18, hottie now...

No seriously. I hope I age as gracefully as you have. So far it's not looking too good for me though...

W.C.Camp July 3, 2010 at 9:25 PM  

I love your edge. No matter what life throws at you, you can dish it right back. Truly an example for us all! W.C.C.

Diva (in Demand) July 4, 2010 at 10:18 AM  

Oh my goodness this was hilarious! I love it! LOL Especially about the kids being able to put food on the plate AND wash dishes. LOL

Anonymous,  July 20, 2010 at 12:10 PM  

I am going to use #11 from now on! Love you!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP