Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

Just do it! Please?

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I wasn't going to post today. It's been another off day. I've been sleeping most of it away, I've been sleeping a lot, actually, since vacation. With all that's going on with me I think that the vacation kicked my butt. More blood work tomorrow...yippee...HA!

Then a couple of days ago something was revealed to us. There's nothing I can really say about it except that it involves a child in the family and Special Victim's Unit will be working closely with us to hopefully do a full investigation and help us see justice done. Just imagine the worst and I bet you'll be pretty close.


I usually love Independence Day. It's my very favorite holiday. I had a difficult time getting with the festivities yesterday but after a couple of Blue Moons, without orange I might add, I felt a little better as you probably saw on the video I posted yester-night, as Karli used to say when she was a wee one. (What a run on sentence!)

Anyway I was reading through my blog roll and came across a new post by  my autistic son, Joshua. His blog is A Sensitive Poet. I'd like to ask you to run by and maybe give him a comment or two. He's trying so hard to change his life. I read his latest post and I'm blown away by his use of language, especially since he's autistic. Mind you, he writes on an iPod touch. He's the only child in the family that's not allowed his own laptop for many reasons. One being that when something happens on anything of his he thinks he can take it apart and "repair" it and we end up with a useless piece of junk.

When he was small he broke, the kid actually BROKE, his highchair THREE times! It's never stopped. He's now made to purchase items he wants. We've stopped buying him all but necessities because he cares for his things much more carefully if he has to earn the money. What a novel concept.

We do have a triple damages rule in our house, thanks to the 25 yr old 12 yr old. If you're goofing around or being careless and break something you have to pay me for what I spent on it. You have to pay to replace it and you have to pay punitive damages. Sure stopped Cole from dropping and breaking the jelly on my travertine floors!

Anyway before I went off on some rabbit path my point was to ask you to help me encourage my autistic son. It'll be so appreciated by him and he'll be puffed up with pride and feel better about himself. He rarely feels good about himself at all. He beams with pride when he gets a comment and I think that it gives him the validation he needs to feel that he's accomplishing something in his life that others can appreciate. Thank you so much in advance.

Next I just wanted to post a few pics from last night. The video was fun, I love being in front of a camera, heehee, but there were some other pics I wanted to share. I hope you enjoy some of these and I'm not just being delirious with a headache and fever.

Michelle, CoCo and Madeleine

Learning from Pops the art of fire making

Anyone out there remember "cops and robbers?" Some things never change.

Jake and his "hot, not like a grandma" Nana

Josiah and Aiden

Someone STOLE Nana's Blue Moon.


Jeremiah. I noticed in the video that when he was speaking of having manners his face and hands were covered with whipped cream!

He's not looking so happy that I'm in his lap!


CoCo-roo and Aiden

Carnivores

Our "Special Olympian"



This is the army I cook for a few times a year. Now if they want to eat, they have to bring at least part of the dinner. If you add Cole and Taylor, neither showed or called, and Jeff's three boys with their wives and kids it's, well, it's a lot of people! Five of our kids aren't even married yet. No, we're not Mormon or Catholic, as my daughter swore she'd put on a tshirt as those were the first two questions she was asked when people learned of her family. We made the mistake of feeding a lot of these kids and they never left. They're like cats!

17 comments:

Unknown July 6, 2010 at 2:03 AM  

Diva you look too young to be the mother of the older kids (adults)! You're a grandma (shakes head). How is that POSSIBLE??? Looks like you had a great 4th, I'm so happy for you!

I will definitely pop over to your son's site!

PumpkinButtKitty July 6, 2010 at 2:16 AM  

Thank you for posting today! I try not to let this BiPolar thing get me down and some days, like the past several, it's hard to do. Then I come here today, see your beautiful family, and read about your amazing son (my 11 yr old step son has Aspergers and really struggles) and it helps so much! So, thank you!! And I read Joshua's blog. He is so very talented and writes just beautifully! I even signed up to "follow"! I hope that my step son is able to become, even an ounce, of the man that your son has!
Take care and have a great day!
Laura

Christy July 6, 2010 at 6:57 AM  

I am now following your son. I loved the poem he wrote. I see him in a very bright future.

Carrie July 6, 2010 at 7:28 AM  

What a great family pic!!!! How do you get them all to look at the camera at the same time? I've only got three kids and it's like pulling teeth to get everyone looking at the same time!!!

Cheryl D. July 6, 2010 at 8:09 AM  

Again, beautiful family! I hope everything goes well with the two things you alluded to! Take care!

Michelle Pixie July 6, 2010 at 9:29 AM  

You have one beautiful family!

Hehehehe "We made the mistake of feeding a lot of these kids and they never left. They're like cats!" Hehehehehehe

Anonymous,  July 6, 2010 at 10:31 AM  

Fun pictures, I've always loved the Fourth of July!

Robin July 6, 2010 at 11:55 AM  

I am glad you wrote even when you didn't feel like it. I hope it helped.

Good luck with the difficult thing your family will be facing that you just touched on.

What a beautiful family. It looks like you had a good time and everyone is enjoying each others' company. What more could you ask for?

I am off to check out your son's blog.

Babes Mami July 6, 2010 at 1:20 PM  

I love picture heavy posts! My favorite! I still need to check out your vblog and I will check out his blog!

Liz Mays July 6, 2010 at 1:48 PM  

You've got quite the clan there, and they're all so cute! I can't believe your son took apart a highchair 3 times. Wow! I'll go check his blog out and leave a comment! :)

Hazel from Hazel Loves Design July 6, 2010 at 2:20 PM  

What a gorgeous family!! I love the last image!! It looks like you had a great day on the 4th July! :) Hazel

Anonymous,  July 6, 2010 at 6:05 PM  

Well thats a good looking bunch anyway! I'll hit him up and comment.

I just thought you were da bomb but if that is your f-250 I might explode with joy! I know a dood with one just like it, color and all!

Ms. Understood July 6, 2010 at 7:53 PM  

LOL!!! Like cats huh. What a great photo. That dog is gorgeous. I'm sorry that your family is going through the trying time that you mentioned early in the post. I hope that justice is served. Off to check out Joshua's page (I can't believe he blogs from his Ipod, I don't have enough patience for that).

W.C.Camp July 6, 2010 at 9:32 PM  

Love the group photo the best - well ok, the dude on the mini-bike isn't bad either!!

All you can do is your best to protect your kids. Bad things can and sometimes happen, but you guys are strong and better yet - you have guns!!! Hang in there!! W.C.C.

Unknown July 9, 2010 at 4:20 PM  

I went over and am now a follower. Your son is a very talented young man. His autism makes him unique and special. Hope he knows that about himself. I have a cousin who is autistic but in a sever way. He cannot live on his own as he is my age but has the mentality of a small child. But smart--wow--meet ya once and would never forget your name. Bless You Diva- and your family.

Brenda Rothman (Mama Be Good) July 10, 2010 at 7:13 AM  

Hi, Diva!
You ARE too hot to be a Nana. Stopping by from SITS and so glad I found you! My son is 6 and is dx'ed with autism, too. Visit me anytime at http://mamabegood.blogspot.com/ and we can chat about it!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP