Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

Close Enough

Thursday, September 30, 2010

“Girlfriend, hey giiiirl, DIVA!”

Of course with Diva being called out I whipped my head around. There were two women trying to get my attention at the motorcycle rally. One was sitting. She had the biggest, most genuine smile I’d ever seen. The other was standing. She was wearing big Jackie O. sunglasses and had an attitude to match.

They were dressed in biker gear. While they were both very feminine, they also looked like you wouldn’t want to get on their bad sides. 

The one standing said, “Come on over here Miss Diva!”

I walked over.

“Girlfriend, I LOVE that corset! You look HOT. I’m a clothing designer and that looks like something I’d design.”

(I looked at her website when I got back to the room and was floored. Ms Biker Babe is a major designer, the woman designs couture! She’s designed for some major people as well as a bike club, strange but interesting combo I think.)

These women and I continued our conversation.

Then the one standing sealed the deal for my attraction to these two.

She looked at the sitting woman and said “Girl, did you see the bike this Diva rode up on? It’s white and pink! It’s bad ass! Are you a Gemini?”

"No, Taurus."

"Close enough!"

Oh yeah, I’m loving these people.

We continued laughing and talking. They both rode their own bikes. These girls kicked butt. I could have stood there all day talking with them but the parts guy pulled me away. I was having this bad ass air cleaner installed on my bike. On our way over to ok the work my friend grabbed my arm.

“Teri, you can wipe the drool off your face now. And how in the hell did they know to call you Diva?”

“You’ve got to be kidding me? I EXUDE Diva!”

He shook his head and walked away. Meanwhile I was feeling pretty damn good about myself, at least for that moment in time.


13 comments:

Unknown September 30, 2010 at 4:02 PM  

PLEASE. Explain to hubs that we bitches KNOW a diva when we see one. :)

Dazee Dreamer September 30, 2010 at 4:05 PM  

But I want to know if she is going to design you your own fabulous corset?

Brenda Susan September 30, 2010 at 4:20 PM  

Ha! You should feel good about yourself! Wearing a corset on a long bike ride says Diva all the way. It really sounds uncomfortable to me, is it?

Christy September 30, 2010 at 5:11 PM  

Divas recognize each other no matter where they are.

Cheryl D. September 30, 2010 at 7:00 PM  

Pretty damn awesome! Are you going to get some new designer duds out of this connection?

Cheeseboy September 30, 2010 at 8:18 PM  

Sounds pretty bad ass diva to me. I bet you turn heads wherever you drive that thing.

middle child September 30, 2010 at 9:28 PM  

You carry yourself like a Diva. And of course, you are too popular on blog land.

Rob-bear September 30, 2010 at 9:32 PM  

Somehow, the word "fascinating" isn't big enough to describe this event.

But I'm really glad that it happened!

Classic NYer September 30, 2010 at 10:05 PM  

And how in the hell did they know to call you Diva?

I'm guessing the same way strangers in Flatbush know to call me Empress?

Anonymous,  October 1, 2010 at 7:10 AM  

That is fan-tastic! I love it. She should totally hook you up with some of her stuff. After-all who better to model her clothes and show how bad-ass they can be? :)

Nolie October 1, 2010 at 7:26 AM  

Hubs is just totally jealous. And seriously you have Diva written all over you. Tell him to pay the fuck attention, it's free.

Unknown October 1, 2010 at 8:55 AM  

Congrats for being recognized for your true self, and also for your sharp fashion! Men will never understand.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP