Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

I Was Just Doin' My Thing

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Starbucks. Latte. Morning ritual.

I was sitting alone enjoying my coffee. I was waiting to meet the photographer for the photo shoot with my Harley. My hair was pulled back. I had on my fringed chaps, a sexy, low cut, lacy tank top, and make up....lots of make up. The pics were going to be pin-up, bad girl type photos and I needed to look the part.

I was checking the  email on my iPhone when I felt a soft touch on my shoulder and heard a soothing voice in my ear. "Sweetie, I've seen you in here almost every day for years and today," a lotioned hand traced the tattoo on my back, "I've seen a side of you I never knew existed."

I turned to see a woman about 5 foot 3 and probably 70 years old with a "look" on her face. While I was a little embarrassed, and feeling that I must have "cheap" written on my forehead, I was feeling pretty cool too. We got to talking and she said that morning I certainly wasn't looking the "Happy Valley Mom" type. You don't know about Happy Valley Moms? You can read all about them here.

I wasn't really sure what to think. Was this nice woman giving me a compliment or a sweet old lady shot? I rolled with it, cuz I'm cool like that. Being the friendly biker chick that I am I engaged her in conversation. We talked about my adopted kids, her kids, our grandkids, and everything else under the sun.

I'm not sure if I was really in a conversation with her, or if I was trying to redeem my Harley riding, tattooed, scantily dressed self. I have a feeling it was the latter.

19 comments:

Blossom September 19, 2010 at 8:05 PM  

Your tattoo is amazing!!!!!
You are so my hero!

Babes Mami September 19, 2010 at 8:06 PM  

Maybe she had a hidden tramp stamp somewhere!?! ;]

Gucci Mama September 19, 2010 at 8:13 PM  

You are fabulous, baby, and the only mistake you could ever make is apologizing for who you are.

LOVE the picture! That tattoo is gorgeous!

Joshua September 19, 2010 at 8:25 PM  

That's the way it is. People always judging a book by it's cover. Pretty funny story though. -J

PopPop September 19, 2010 at 8:41 PM  

Love the colors of your tat! Bright, colorful, and exotic, yet in a classy way. Nothing is overdone, and I'll bet those flowers smell just as lovely as they appear! (Except maybe that weed at the bottom). Love ya!

mypixieblog September 19, 2010 at 8:50 PM  

i have a feeling she took a liking to you. and that maybe she was secretly envious of your confidence and poise.

that tattoo is out-of-this-world awesome :)

also, am i the only one who thought that hand belonged to a sexy, young male?

The bipolaRNurse September 19, 2010 at 8:57 PM  

Ms Diva, You have are smokin hot and I do believe that 70 year old gramma was tryin to pick you up! ;)

Cheryl D. September 19, 2010 at 9:19 PM  

That tattoo is gorgeous--truly a work of art. I can't imagine how long it takes to get something like that (or how painful).

Monkey Man September 19, 2010 at 9:25 PM  

Love the vibrant colors in inks today. Beautiful tat.

Luster Canyon September 19, 2010 at 9:39 PM  

I am not a tattoo kind of person....but yours is gorgeous!

Sey September 19, 2010 at 10:49 PM  

Your tattoo is simply amazing. i think the granda wa amazed too, given the fact that she took the time to talk to you. now she knew, that really we should't judge the book by it's cover.

Rob-bear September 20, 2010 at 4:57 AM  

Whoa! That tattoo is something else. Really beautiful. I think it totally suits you. Not a "Happy Valley Mom" kind of thing, for sure. Fortunately.

And what a sweet lady to talk with you. Bet the two of you had a delightful chat. Which is a good thing. Did you take her for a ride on your bike?

Holly September 20, 2010 at 5:54 AM  

LOVE it!! She probably loved it... otherwise she wouldn't have engaged in conversation with you. She's COOL with it! ;D

Furry Bottoms September 20, 2010 at 7:48 AM  

That is a gorgeous tattoo!!! How long did it take to put on there?!

Anonymous,  September 20, 2010 at 9:58 AM  

sexy, sexy tat! haven't seen pics of this one before. I love it!

Unknown September 20, 2010 at 10:26 AM  

Beautiful ink!! Me likey...me likey a lot!

Jennifer Perry September 20, 2010 at 4:53 PM  

Exquisite tat! Re: The fact that she approached you on this day indicates that you may be doing what she would have loved to do, if society had not been so restrictive when she was your age.

J Madame Perry

Lindsey September 20, 2010 at 10:37 PM  

Beautiful tattoo! You should never feel ashamed of your tat or your bad girl side. We all have one. Some of us more than others.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP