Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

I Really Like Handcuffs!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sorry guys. Tonight my thoughts are dis-jointed and my mind scrambled.

I've tried to find the news video of today's sentencing of the man that left my son for dead on the side of the road last October. It's not up yet. I just watched the news story on TV. I never watch local news, but tonight I had to.

Even though I was in court and witnessed everything that happened I needed to see that man in handcuffs several more times. My beautiful daughter, Karli, presented a emotion filled victim's statement on behalf of our family. The judge called it one of the best she'd been privileged to hear.

In August Larry Scott Vang pleaded guilty to a Class B Felony for failing to preform the duties of a driver when he ran down my son and fled the scene. Today I looked in the eyes of the man responsible for a great deal of my family's suffering over the last year, the man my daughter called soul-less.

The sentence was 15 days in jail, 30 days house arrest, 3 years probation, loss of driver's license for a year and he has to pay my son $1000. Not much for leaving some one's child in the ditch to die. The man gave Cole less consideration that if he'd hit a dog. He left him for road kill.We did, however, have the incredible satisfaction of seeing the man cuffed and taken into custody.

While Vang stood in front of the judge his wife glared at my family as if we were responsible for her husband deciding to leave Cole on the side of the road. It was pathetic.

I hope Mr. Vang is enjoying his new bed tonight. Here's his booking info and current mug shot.

I've embedded this video. It's just a silly video that my son and his friends made just prior to the "accident." Cole is the convict with the bag of money. I watched it over and over. While Cole is alive and doing well, he'll never be the same. He'll never again be able to do the things he did in this video with his friends.

As soon as the video is up of tonight's news I'll post it.





Goodnight, it's been a long day.

19 comments:

Just miss c September 8, 2010 at 3:47 AM  

I'm sorry about your son. This man should have gotten a worse sentence then he did in my opinion.

I tried e-mailing you to get the address for your other site btw. But, for some reason it didn't go through. i'm 23. It's foxystina23@aim.com

MarkD60 September 8, 2010 at 6:15 AM  

Dang that's screwed up. Your post said he got 15 days and the article said 45, but didn't mention house arrest.

My blog post today is about you.

Truthful Mommy September 8, 2010 at 6:20 AM  

Loved the video. I am so sorry that your family has had to go through this.I am sorry that in some way this animal has taken your son away from you. I can't believe his sentence is so minimal. What a miscarriage of justice.Maybe you'll get lucky and he will piss the wrong person off in jail:) Hugs!Hope seeing him taken off in cufs helps in some small way to ease your pain.
http://motherhoodthetruth.blogspot.com

Dazee Dreamer September 8, 2010 at 7:04 AM  

Oh a whole 15 days in jail. that is a joke.

Nolie September 8, 2010 at 7:13 AM  

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME!

A hit and run. Only phoning police as there was blood on his car so he would have been tracked down. The fact that they thought your son would be brain damaged. All the horrors you son has gone through and he gets a grand total of 15 days in an actual jail cell? 30 days house arrest then hey enjoy your life while taking a bus for a year and be a good boy for 3 years. Oh and a measly $1000 to the victim.

You have got to be fucking shitting me. I am sorry but not fucking acceptable. Complete fucking bullshit. What about the medical bills? What about the parts of your sons life he missed while injured. Multiply each day by a month for that prick and his sentence. I am living.

Not sure how you feel. But that is how I feel.

Great job Karli, I told you so would do an amazing job. I may not know her but she is your daughter and that speaks volumes.

Pat September 8, 2010 at 7:34 AM  

Personally, I think 15 days in jail is such a small price to pay for running a person down with your car. Call me crazy. I mean, if it wasn't intentional, accidents happen. But to leave your son by the side of the road AND NOT CALL FOR HELP AND STAY THERE is unexcusable!

Cheryl D. September 8, 2010 at 8:55 AM  

The sentence might be on the light side, but he is a convict, at least. Sorry your family had to endure so much pain.

Michele September 8, 2010 at 9:08 AM  

I don't "know" you or your family but this post just breaks my heart. While nothing can change the past or take away the heartache,I hope that seeing that man handcuffed and punished (albeit not enough) brought you some closure. xoxoxox

Monkey Man September 8, 2010 at 9:25 AM  

That is no sentence. This is where I wish we had a justice system like they do in some Middle East countries - Cut off the foot that pushed the gas pedal, remove the arms that held the steering wheel. I remember that case...didn't know it was your son. I am so sorry.

As to the video - I was exhasuted just watching it. Very creative perpetual motion video. Love the familiar scenery.

Gucci Mama September 8, 2010 at 9:27 AM  

You must be so proud of Karli! Good for her; that had to have taken a lot of strength and courage. She is an amazing lady just like her mama.

I hate that he got such a minuscule sentence, but he will pay for this long after he gets out of jail. It will be pretty hard for him to live a normal life as a convicted felon. I know it's not much, but it's something.

Michelle Pixie September 8, 2010 at 9:28 AM  

I just wanted to let you know that I love you and think you are an amazing woman!

I have a few things of my own I would like to handout to this scumbag but I will just keep those thouhts to myself.

I am sending many hugs to you and your family. XXOO

Daisygirl September 8, 2010 at 10:31 AM  

That just doesn't seem fair! 15 days in jail for a hit and run! How is that fucking fair!!! I have a friend who is serving 60 days for messing up someones kitchen...seriously this makes me want to grab that guys balls pull as hard as I can and freeze them off with dry ice!

I am glad that seeing him whisked away in handcuffs brought some satisfaction but still...our world is just not fair!

Becky @ Welcome to my life September 8, 2010 at 12:42 PM  

I don't know you that well, as I only found your blog a week or so ago, but the sentence that "man" (and I use that term as loosely as possible) received was disgusting. 15 days (or even 45) is nothing but a snap. That's easy time and that's sad. No, that's deplorable.

I am so sorry your family had to go through this.

MissCrystal September 8, 2010 at 1:08 PM  

I just shared the video with my son. He's 4 and found it hilarious! Love you!

Cheeseboy September 8, 2010 at 3:53 PM  

I like the video. I suppose that there has to be some slight satisfaction knowing that this D-bag will be sleeping behind bars. But still, small penalty for such a life changing crime.

Robin September 8, 2010 at 5:42 PM  

I can't even imagine all the pain your family has gone through on this issue. And the grieving of lost opportunities.

I hope there was some satisfaction in the process for you. And that you can find some peace.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Mimi September 8, 2010 at 6:02 PM  

As a new reader, I'm terribly sorry about what he did to your son. His sentence is not even close to justice.

I'll be praying for your family!

Hugs & love,
Mimi

Debbie September 8, 2010 at 6:22 PM  

Gosh! I am so sorry for what you and your family has been through!!!!

The Bipolar Diva September 8, 2010 at 7:30 PM  

You all have no idea how much your comments mean to me and the family. Thank you so much!

Teri

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP