Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

Thoughts, Thanks and Terror

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Maybe that should have been titled Thoughts, terror and thanks. Oh well, tonight it's done and I'm just not going to change it.

Thoughts:

  • I have a sore throat and it's really pissing me off.
  • Can twizzlers and wine be considered dinner? Or is that just plain trashy?
  • How young is too young to pack your kid's bags, put them on the porch and change the locks?
  • I must be a really bad mom to even think that.
  • Who cares? I thought it.
  • I'm glad Christy is public again.
  • Wine's gone but I'm still eating twizzlers.
  • I'm extremely PISSED that the police can't find the scumbag that hurt my grandson, serve the search warrant and arrest the pig.
  • I hope the HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL COACH that left my son on the road for dead after he ran him over with his crappy Rav4 gets the max sentence! Trial is the 24th
Terror:
  • Leaving tomorrow on the harleys for Spokane. Ever since that "lady" ran me over I always have this fear that whatever ride I take will be my last ride.
  • That the mid-terms will suck. I don't see that happening, but I didn't see 08 happening either.
  • That my grandson has to testify.
  • That my grandson has to go through life scarred.
  • Do you usually write your posts in Word or directly in blogger? 
 Thanks:
  •  Snowbrush because I just love him, that's why. I think he gets me and even though I've never met him he holds a dear place in my heart.
  • Gucci Mama because she requested something and made me feel young and beautiful.
  • Sage because he keeps it real and me informed.
  • The Queen of WTF? because she makes me laugh.
  • Holly because she gave me this cool award. Thank you Holly!

The Steel Magnolia Award
The name of this is pretty obvious. The recipients of this award are pretty tough, looking bad situations in the face, and staring it down.



1) Let us know who gave you the award.
It was Holly  :) Thank you Holly. I guess you've read my life pretty well. Sometimes though, just sometimes I feel the steel cracking.

2) Display the award on your blog.

3) Which character of the movie Steel Magnolias are you most like and why. (If you haven't seen the movie, you've been sorely deprived of one of the greatest women's flicks of all time.)
It's been so long since I've seen it, but I guess I'd have to pick Shirley Maclaine just because she's an awesome actress even though she's a bit on the weird side and WAY older than me! Just so that's clear!

4) Nominate anyone. I don't care how many, for the award. Remember to comment on their blog to let them know that you've passed this award on to them.

On this one I'm only going to nominate one person. That is going to be my daughter, Karli. She's been through some of the most unimaginable situations in her short 28 years: Stalker, rape, her son died, her best friend and confident was killed, two babies born three months early. They spent three months each in the NICU. And she's had no less than 15 abdominal surgeries in the last five years, she at her lifetime maximum on CT scans and the ER knows her by name.  I would tell you more but since there is an active investigation going on I can't. And she has to have me as her mother, and I'm crazy according to some.


I have to apologize for this being not as upbeat as usual, but there are so many things swirling in my life right now, I'm having a difficult time at the moment, it's only for a moment. Tomorrow will be better.



14 comments:

Robin August 7, 2010 at 11:49 PM  

I don't drink wine, but Twizzlers can definitely be dinner. Espcially if you eat a lot of them. What I want to know is if you bit the top and bottom off and used it like a straw for your wine.

I want to kick at least one of my kids out almost every day. I'll be a bad mom with you.

I hope all justice is done in the pending legal issues.

Have so much fun on your ride. Watch for idiots because you know they won't be watching for you.

I write directly in blogger. But I'm a really good speller so it's okay.

Congratulations on the award. I love Shirley Maclaine even though she's nuts.

As for seeing the movie, hm. I went to it at the drive in with my new husband. In a car with a large back seat. Can't say I saw the movie. Guess I better rent it.

Still praying for you.

The Bipolar Diva August 8, 2010 at 12:07 AM  

hahaha....I actually thought of the straw thing!

I'm glad another mom is with me on that one.

Shirley is great AND a bit of a fruitcake with nuts!

Thanks about the ride, I almost got hit by an idiot that just decided he wanted my lane. Thank goodness I was on a bike and could get out of his stupid way!

Jennifer Kay August 8, 2010 at 4:48 AM  

I think the wine got to you because you are talking about Word under the terror section - hilarious! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new picture of you in the top right!!!

Dawn August 8, 2010 at 6:28 AM  

Hey there! love your blog! :) i am your newest follower from Sunday Social :)
Dawn
http://flipoutmama.blogspot.com/

Anonymous,  August 8, 2010 at 6:30 AM  

tyty for the link love! Hope your ride was excellent and your today is better than your yesterday!

I sure hope they get Karli fixed up as well good JuJu to her!

Cheryl D. August 8, 2010 at 8:02 AM  

You can have anything you want for dinner! You and your family have been through a lot. I'm so sorry about the load you have to shoulder.

Gucci Mama August 8, 2010 at 8:13 AM  

You ARE young and beautiful.

Thinking of you often and wishing I could snap my fingers and fix it all. Love ya.

Michelle Pixie August 8, 2010 at 10:20 AM  

Enjoy your ride to Spokane!

I am sorry you are having to go through so much. Know you are loved. oxox

Babes Mami August 8, 2010 at 3:32 PM  

Sending you loves and hugs Diva!

<3

Holly August 8, 2010 at 8:28 PM  

HOLY CRAP about the HS football coach!! I PRAY he gets the MAX!!

Glad you made it back from your road trip. My tail-bone hurts just thinking about it.

I know what you mean about the STEEL Cracking... Just remember... "Cracks in the sidewalk are just reminders that you fall apart no matter HOW STRONG you are."

Your daughter DEFINITELY deserves the award, too!! WOW!!

Big ((HUGS)) to BOTH of you!!

Unknown August 9, 2010 at 6:47 AM  

I hope you are feeling better today. A hot toddy will help that sore throat!! You deserve that award! Your life sounds even more eventful than mine.

Diva (in Demand) August 9, 2010 at 10:33 AM  

Sorry to hear about the sore throat, but the fact that it pisses you off made me laugh so hard I had to comment. And I don't eat twizzlers either but you just reminded me that I've got some sangria left at home!

middle child August 9, 2010 at 8:38 PM  

Just sending you some love.

Bipolar Disorder September 3, 2010 at 5:47 PM  

Concentrate on the good things that you have. That will get you through.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP