Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

Patriotic or Naughty?

Monday, August 9, 2010

Today people I'm going to give you the true meaning of bipolar. You only think that this is the definition:

bi·po·lar (b-plr)
adj.
1. Relating to or having two poles or charges.
2. Relating to a device capable of using two polarizations, such as a transistor that uses positive and negative charge carriers.
3. Relating to or involving both of the earth's polar regions.
4. Having two opposite or contradictory ideas or natures: the bipolar world of the postwar period.
5. Biology Having two poles or opposite extremities: a bipolar neuron.
6. Psychology Relating to a major affective disorder that is characterized by episodes of mania and depression.

No friends, here's the true meaning of bipolar.

While on our motorcycle adventure of the weekend several songs kept going through my head.
There were American flags everywhere and beautiful rolling fields of amber grain. "America The Beautiful, " "God Bless America," and "The Star Spangled Banner" seemed to repeatedly roll through my mind. I couldn't remember all of the verses, but hey, I'm 48, blonde and the mother of 8 heathen kids. That's enough to damage anyone's memory.

 I took this picture along the way.

Here comes the problem, the naughty part I guess you could say, the other song that was stuck in my mind popped up in between verses, songs and thoughts. It was Kid Rock's "Sugar Tonight." Ah, "What's that?" some of you may ask. Well since my kids read this blog go look up the lyrics if you're not familiar with the song.

Yes, I am here admitting my failure as a patriotic American. I forgot lyrics to some of the most incredible songs ever written about this wonderful nation of ours. I did, however, remember EVERY SINGLE graphic word to "Sugar Tonight."

That, I believe, is the true meaning of bipolar.



18 comments:

Gucci Mama August 9, 2010 at 11:07 PM  

Hehehe. You are awesome. That is all.

Unknown August 9, 2010 at 11:32 PM  

Seriously- your bipolar ass cracks me the hell up. The photo is beautiful and well, looks like my part of the country. I always love reading your posts. SMILES:)

The Bipolar Diva August 9, 2010 at 11:35 PM  

You guys SO rock! I, on the other hand, am such a dork!

Snowbrush August 10, 2010 at 12:04 AM  

It won't be easy, but someday, somewhere, somehow, when you least expect it, I WILL forgive you.

Elizabeth @ My Life, Such as it is... August 10, 2010 at 3:08 AM  

I don't think I could remember all the words to any of those songs either. lovely photo!

visiting from LBS.

Tiffany August 10, 2010 at 5:03 AM  

I want to go to where you took that picture!

Nicole August 10, 2010 at 6:29 AM  

First of all - LOVE Kid Rock and that song in particular. LOL - second, that pic you took is freaking awesome! WOW. As for the bi polar part - just makes for a more creative and fiery YOU!

The Invisible Seductress August 10, 2010 at 6:56 AM  

Laughing....

Good song to ride to!!!

Michelle Pixie August 10, 2010 at 9:27 AM  

And that my friend is exactly why I want to be just like you when I grow up! Hee Hee

Jennifer Juniper August 10, 2010 at 10:03 AM  

That's awesome. Because really, while I love our amber waves of grain, it really is kind of a monotonous song.

Ms. Understood August 10, 2010 at 10:40 AM  

That picture is beautiful. Makes me feel peaceful. At least you know all the words to something, right?

The Bipolar Diva August 10, 2010 at 12:12 PM  

It bothered me so much, I had to look up the lyrics last night! I never knew how freaking LONG the Star Spangled Banner was!

David Stein August 10, 2010 at 2:51 PM  

It is amazing what our memory will do to us, it's as if our minds have a life of their own, causing us to forget various things but reminding us of the "important" or at least "interesting" things. Having Bipolar Disorder can be a trip sometimes.

Great post.

Dave.

Donda August 10, 2010 at 3:11 PM  

I never thought about selective memory as a part of bp but I guess that makes me feel better...I just thought I had a filthy mind LOL

Cheeseboy August 10, 2010 at 7:12 PM  

Sugar Tonight? Is it like Pour Some Sugar On Me?

Anonymous,  August 11, 2010 at 7:21 AM  

God I love Kid Rock, that is a great song, as is So Hott ;) It's really just a great album.

You pretty much rock too :)

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP