Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

Invincible? Me?

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Diva? Bipolar? Bipolar? Diva? What the hell? I did a post on the similarities of the two parts of my personality a while ago, but yesterday I had to try to explain it to my psychiatrist. That was a challenge. You should have seen her face. It was priceless. Her expression left me scrambling for words, but being invincible I think I succeeded.

Invincible, that word came up a time or two. You see if you're one of the lucky ones to have the URL for my other blog you know everything, but on this one I have to be a little more careful so I'll try to explain what happened yesterday while being a bit vague. I'll explain in much more detail on the other site tonight. By the way if you want that URL, and meet my crazy criteria, email me at thebipolardiva@gmail.com and I'll send you the top secret application. Well, not really I'll just make sure you can handle what you read and not judge me.

I must be manic, I keep getting off track, I just love mania and I love that I'm mostly manic, it makes me who I am and I think that's a good thing. Luckily my bipolar is very mild and I'm 99% on the happy, outgoing side. The other part has been almost totally controlled with the meds, so hey, I win. If I win, everyone wins.

Off track again. So I'm explaining to her this decision I've made. She asked me about the consequences and if I'd thought of them. I told her I had and they really didn't seem that bad to me. She gave me that look and I knew I was sunk.

"Teri, does that maybe sound like you think you're invincible?"

Oh shit! I was busted. Invincible, a huge bipolar symptom. I thought I was so over that, but she made sense. I'm stubborn, and I guess I was feeling invincible. I tried to justify my decision, didn't work. She won. I would say I lost, but I really didn't. It was a win-win situation. She rocks.

And anyway, being invincible isn't so bad. I take on challenges, I have fun and isn't invincibility a super power? Ha, I win. 



24 comments:

Nicole January 22, 2011 at 11:50 AM  

Mania - I can only imagine! I have a little too much coffee and people ask if I do meth. LOL I suppose caffeine causes me to be a little manic from time to time.

Oh Diva - always love your posts. I think the most creative people are a bit bi polar. :-)

Anonymous,  January 22, 2011 at 12:07 PM  

Isn't there a smidge of bipolar in us all? At least I think so. I agree with Nicole..you're brilliant-and if any of that is attributed to being bipolar...then rock on! XO

Dazee Dreamer January 22, 2011 at 12:09 PM  

Damn, I hate it when they point out that they are right. oh wait, she didn't point that out, she just made the point. my bad.

Christy January 22, 2011 at 12:57 PM  

I love your optimism and positive outlook. How can that be bad?

middle child January 22, 2011 at 1:29 PM  

I wish I could have the mania part. All I am is depressed except for when I'm not. Ha. But always,...the love for you. You are actually living life whereas I merely watch it go by.

Miss Sadie January 22, 2011 at 1:34 PM  

I am strong
I am invincible
I am woman.

~ Helen Reddy

Well, maybe in the world of music and drama that's true. But in the real world of everyday people? Maybe not quite so.

But you are a survivor. Full marks for that, m'lady! Even if you were rightly busted, yesterday. (It's those @$#%$^&$! psychiatrists and the like; they always know how to get you just when you've got everything figured out.) Condolences. And continuing nuzzles and licks, especially on a bad day (which might, in fact, be a good day).

Unknown January 22, 2011 at 1:52 PM  

Amen. I wouldn't trade the manic part away for anything. It's where all the creativity and passion come from.

Sandra January 22, 2011 at 3:22 PM  

Glad you said it, because I was just going to say that there's nothing wrong with being invicible...well, unless you have plans to scale the side of a building like Spiderman in which case, ya, slight problem.

Monkey Man January 22, 2011 at 3:34 PM  

I don't know....I see you as pretty vulnerable. I like that part of you. As to invincibility, check out the "What the Hell Wednesday" I wrote this week, these people make you look like you are made from glass. While you're at it read my post from yesterday....it may look familiar.

Classic NYer January 22, 2011 at 4:49 PM  

I don't see what's wrong with the whole invincibility thing... as a matter of fact I was just thinking earlier this morning, how much more could a chick like me do if I weren't so scared all the time... how much I could accomplish if nobody ever told me I couldn't do it or if I simply chose not to believe them... seriously, I was thinking that this morning.

Bring Pretty Back January 22, 2011 at 6:00 PM  

You always crack me up!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

W.C.Camp January 22, 2011 at 9:34 PM  

Might strike you as just being 'naive' - but invincible, manic, or whatever else ... we like you JUST THE WAY YOU ARE! Keep up the good fight. W.C.C.

MarkD60 January 23, 2011 at 5:41 AM  

I would be nervous talking to a psychologist because they would probably call the men in white suits do come and lock me up!

Now I'm off to read your other blog!

Holly January 23, 2011 at 8:06 PM  

Yay for professionals that see through our crap... LOL!! I wish I WERE invincible... Unfortunately, I live in a mixed state too much. When I'm not on meds I sink to the depression side. This is what happens when I think I know better than the pro and go off of them... Crash... and get dragged back to eat crow and humble pie. *sigh* LOL! ((HUGS))

Copyboy January 24, 2011 at 5:12 AM  

Either way, I love you for the off track invincible Diva that you are!!!!

Cheeseboy January 24, 2011 at 11:39 AM  

I don't think mania is a bad thing. In fact, if you add mania to any word, it turns it awesome. Treehouse Mania! Curbside Pickup Mania. The fact that you are manic makes you damn cool in my mind. Invincible manic makes you doubly so.

The Bipolar Diva January 24, 2011 at 8:24 PM  

Cheeseboy, you have a very good point there!

Mindy January 25, 2011 at 5:22 AM  

Ha! Just read your blog for the first time..loved it...although I'm not bipolar, I do have Asperger's, and luckily, I'm happy 99% of the time, too. Until someone messes up my routine. Lol..

Classic NYer January 25, 2011 at 1:29 PM  

Actually your positivity is a blessing. I met a bipolar guy in the hospital who was not a happy manic. He was a very angry manic. Not fun.

e January 26, 2011 at 7:37 AM  

I am so glad I found your blog! I too suffer from a milder form of bipolar 2. Meds make me mostly normal, if there really is such a thing but I love the "invincible" rush. You keep on keeping on girl!
~M

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP