Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

In A House Possessed, Pt 8

Friday, January 14, 2011

If you're new to my site, or this true story, you'll need to start at the beginning so you're not lost.  part one, part two, part three, part four, part five, part six, part seven.  You'll be hooked!


Karli when she was about four.
I woke up early the morning after the attack. I laid there, in my blood splattered bedroom, for several long minutes trying to make sense of the night before. I looked at the blood that was everywhere, on the walls, the curtains, on the furniture. All the pictures in the room had been destroyed. I thought of the kids and went to wake them. Karli and Cole were already up and dressed. They were in the kitchen eating tortillas and cheese.

"Hi mommy," Karli said, "the lady said we had lots to do today. I made Cole some breakfast." I wasn't ready to hear what Mrs. Flores wanted us to do. That could wait. Karli seemed happy so no need to pry at the moment.

"It looks like you've done a great job."  I told her as looked out of the kitchen window to the guest house. I hadn't been near it since that day Eric was there. He had warned me and he was right. I could feel the evil seeping out of it as I looked on. Quickly I turned back toward the kids and led them from the kitchen.

I sat them in front of the TV, I didn't want them wandering back to see the mayhem in my bedroom. I went to get dressed. It didn't take me long to throw on a pair of cut off shorts and a tee shirt. I brushed my teeth, pulled my hair into a ponytail and we were on our way.  I was going to follow the officer's recommendation and get a restraining order.

Since it was early, and not yet too hot, we decided to walk. I put Cole in his stroller and we began our trek to the police station. Karli ran ahead picking up rocks, stuffing them into her pockets and singing songs of a happy child. Cole chattered and giggled. The walk was nice. Port Isabel really was a quaint little coastal town. Too bad we hadn't been able to truly enjoy it.

Within a few minutes we were at the police station. Karli ran up to the door and held it open so I could push Cole through. We were only in the station a few short minutes when I saw what this small station called its evidence locker. It was more of a glass display case than an evidence locker.

I guess they didn't need a lot of room seeing that nothing much ever happened there. We had to walk past the case to go into the main office area. The case was nearly full of various bits of evidence but the only item in it that I focused on was a blue and silver, badly dented, metal baseball bat.

"No," I thought, "surely that can't be the bat Tony used on his mom." As we neared the locked case I saw that the bat was even more dented than it originally appeared and had brown stains on it, blood stains. I began to feel sick. Then I saw the tag that read "Flores" about that same time Karli said

"Look mommy, it's Tony's bat!"

I grabbed Karli by the shoulders and knelt down to look in her eyes. "Karli, how do you know about Tony?"

"The lady told me" she answered.

"Has she told you anything else?" She thought for a minute before she answered.

"Just that she and the others want the house back. They want us to leave. She doesn’t know why we’re staying in her house."  So there were others in the house, just as the priest had said.

“Karli, what else did the lady say about Tony?”

“That she loved him a lot and didn’t know why he was so mad at her. She thinks that it was the devil and not Tony that hurt her. How did Tony hurt her mommy?”


I stood up and looked back at the bat. There would be no need for a restraining order. I had to wonder if she and her friends were the reason that Ed had changed so much, the reason for the fight, the blood and the soulless eyes. I knew it was the reason for the dog going crazy. What was needed was to get out of the house as soon as possible. We left the station and went to find Ed to tell him that we had to get out.


17 comments:

Christy January 14, 2011 at 10:56 AM  

Sheez! Can't wait for more.

Mrs. Indecisive January 14, 2011 at 11:15 AM  

This story is ridiculously addicting!

Dazee Dreamer January 14, 2011 at 11:27 AM  

Loving it. Can't wait till tomorrow. You aren't going to make us wait all weekend for it are you?

The Bipolar Diva January 14, 2011 at 11:45 AM  

I might finish it and post tomorrow all depending on how the day goes.

Ladii January 14, 2011 at 11:57 AM  

Finish and post tonight!

LilPixi January 14, 2011 at 12:18 PM  

Wow. Just.....Wow.
It's almost hard to believe such a beautiful woman inside-out has experienced some of the scariest things anyone ever could.
Love your writing skills, too.

Classic NYer January 14, 2011 at 2:07 PM  

Ah, the kids always know... and yet we never listen to them...

Miss Sadie January 14, 2011 at 2:31 PM  

Sometimes you just gotta trust the kids. Even if what they say creeps you out.

Great writing! Yet another Diva skill.

middle child January 14, 2011 at 5:39 PM  

I can see how busy you are,..but this story is so great! I think you may have missed your calling girlfriend. (not that you'd have time,...)

redgirl January 14, 2011 at 6:21 PM  

i'd be packed in 10 seconds and running for the hills

Empty Nester January 14, 2011 at 6:51 PM  

Ok, I waited until now so that I could read a lot in one sitting. If I have nightmares tonight...LOL

Seriously, scary! Not sure I want the ending but know that I have to have it!

Monkey Man January 15, 2011 at 9:29 AM  

You're really keeping me in the grips of this story.

Unknown January 15, 2011 at 11:22 AM  

I don't care what time it is in USA right now - your readers from Slovenia demand the next part NOW :)

Anonymous,  January 16, 2011 at 2:00 PM  

So I've been a little crazy and I jut sat down to read through all eight parts of this so far, and oh my gosh!

I lived in a house with spirits once and they weren't malicious. That was scary enough! I can't begin to imagine how scary this must've been!

Can't wait to read more!

Holly January 16, 2011 at 5:45 PM  

HOLY CRAP!! or...NOT!! I've been away a lot this past week but have caught up on the story. CREEPY!! I bet Ed still has scars!! Better him than YOU,I say... ;/ (((HUGS)))

Ladii January 18, 2011 at 8:05 AM  

Ok... so you have me checking in DAILY! and for what??? For the end of the story! and nothing yet... stop teasing me!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP