Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

In A House Possessed, Pt 3

Friday, January 7, 2011

If you're new to my site or this story you need to begin with part one and part two to catch up. You'll be hooked!


"No, and I don't want to know."

As I shouted those words I knew that I would have to know. All the weird little things that had been happening ran screaming through my head.

A closet door that was stuck and could not be opened would suddenly almost fly off the hinges. The bathroom window would be open or shut at one moment would be shut or open the next.  We had heard singing that we attributed to the neighbors next door. Our dog would bark and growl incessantly at something in the kitchen, but she refused to actually go in the kitchen. There was also an occasional feeling of someone else being in the room, of being watched. I'd never put them together, until then.

"OK, I have to know," I said as I gasped for breath. She asked us to remove the children from the room before she would tell us her story. I picked up the baby, grabbed Karli's hand and took them into their bedroom to play, shutting their door as I left. I quickly went back into the living room to find out the story of our home.

"Three years ago," she began, "a teenager named Tony Flores murdered his mother in the kitchen with a baseball bat."

"Oh holy shit," I thought, "this has no where to go but down."

It seems that Tony, then 15, had always been a wonderful boy and extremely devoted to his parents. He had been especially close to his mother. A year or so before the murder he fallen in with a group of kids that were heavily involved with drugs, and the occult.

Tony had been living in the guest house. That was where they boys would get high and call upon spirits and demons. That’s what Eric felt, the oppression of whatever was still there.

One afternoon, while his mother, was cooking he walked up behind her and, for no reason ever mentioned, bludgeoned her to death with a metal baseball bat. That explained the stains on the ceiling and curtains. It also explained the new vinyl floor in a house that had been vacant for three years.

Tony was sentenced as an adult and is now sitting in the State Prison. That was three years before we moved in. The house had been empty since the most horrifying murder that the sleepy little town had ever experienced. No one dared go near it. The babysitter began to tell us of the singing that had been heard coming from the house, and faces that had been seen in the windows.

"That is why I was so late. I was afraid to come over." We looked at her as she spoke not knowing what to think or what to say. After a few moments to let everything soak in, we asked if she was still up to watching our children. She said she was as long as we weren't late. We agreed to make it a quick dinner and return promptly.

Sitting over a dinner of fresh stone crab and Shrimp Louis I asked Ed if he knew about the history of the house.

"Yes," he said, "But it was such a good deal."

No wonder it was a good deal! It sat empty for three years with spirits running rampant.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I wanted to know, I needed to know. His answer was accurate. He said I wouldn't have moved in. Well hell no I wouldn't have moved in! It's not that I really believed in haunted houses, it's just that the whole thing was creepy.

We returned home early and the babysitter nearly bolted out of the house. The kids were safely asleep tucked into their beds. We thought all would be well, after all no one had actually seen any apparitions, yet.

24 comments:

Jen Sparkles January 7, 2011 at 8:22 PM  

OMG! WTH?! Great story.. I want more!

Miss Sadie January 7, 2011 at 8:40 PM  

Emphasis on the word, "yet."

From goblins and ghoulies,
And long-leggedy beasties,
And things that go bump in the night,
Good Lord, deliver us.
~Ancient British prayer (perhaps of Celtic origin)

Ladii January 7, 2011 at 8:45 PM  

great story hun gave me the creeps!

Dazee Dreamer January 7, 2011 at 9:06 PM  

ok, now i'm getting weirded out.

Nolie January 7, 2011 at 9:49 PM  

HOLY SHIT! I don't know if I want to read anymore. I am a big ass baby when it comes to ghosts.

middle child January 7, 2011 at 10:20 PM  

"More please. Can I 'ave some more?"

Anonymous,  January 7, 2011 at 11:45 PM  

there more right :< ?????

Christy January 8, 2011 at 5:55 AM  

Hurry up and write more.

Kelly January 8, 2011 at 6:18 AM  

I'm glad you posted this after I was in bed last night or I would have been scared shitless!

The previous owner's wife died in our house and my hubby swears he has seen apiritions. He loves to freak me out!

Bring Pretty Back January 8, 2011 at 10:15 AM  

I have had some things happen in my life and I believe in this 100%!
Great story!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

The Bipolar Diva January 8, 2011 at 10:29 AM  

Silly Storyteller, you know ALL the reasons he's an EX, at least I think you do?

Pat January 8, 2011 at 11:34 AM  

I think I would have stayed in a hotel from that night on!

MissCrystal January 8, 2011 at 11:59 AM  

I would have fucked my husband over with my own bat if I knew that he knew that dam house was haunted and didn't tell me.

Furry Bottoms January 8, 2011 at 4:34 PM  

the goose hairs on my neck have raised. I love it!!

Copyboy January 8, 2011 at 5:03 PM  

It's like amityville horror all over again. I'm checking part 1.

Monkey Man January 8, 2011 at 5:21 PM  

We lived in Lake O couple of years ago in a home we felt was haunted. But, it sounds no where near the situation you lived through.

What has me dumbfounded is - Ed never discussed it with you. What a dip.

Classic NYer January 9, 2011 at 4:44 AM  

"Yes," he said, "But it was such a good deal."

Haha! Oh, God... that's so MALE...

Countess of Kick Ass January 9, 2011 at 10:36 PM  

This is when it gets really good......

Candace January 29, 2011 at 11:19 PM  

As soon as I read the line about people hearing singing coming from the house and seeing people in the windows, my heart had several wierd palpitations. Not like when your heart beats faster because your adrenaline is pumping. But like your heart trying to stumble over its self to continue beating. WTF. what is your well written story trying to do to me?! now i have to finish it!

Furry Bottoms March 9, 2011 at 11:59 AM  

Its OK to not like your kid. You'll love them no matter what, but you don't have to like what they do or how they behave.

This is double hard because he is austic. Not fair, but you've got it-- realistic.

Sending you lots of love! :)

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP