Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

In A House Possessed, Pt 4

Sunday, January 9, 2011

If you're new to my site or this story you need to begin with part one, part two and part three to catch up. You'll be hooked!

I awoke the following morning to a tropical breeze gently whispering through my bedroom. The white curtains were swaying as I lay in bed. I was gazing out of the window at the banana tree and thinking about what the babysitter had revealed the night before.

So what a woman was murdered in my kitchen? That had been three years before. The person responsible was in prison, he couldn't hurt us. The people in that town were superstitious and there was nothing to worry about. It could all be attributed to some weird shift in the paradigm.

I got out of bed and dressed for the day. The kids were already awake. I dressed them and made them something to eat. After breakfast we got our things together and went to buy groceries.

As I was pushing the cart through the aisles of the market Karli looked worried. I briefly thought that she may have heard what the sitter said but quickly dismissed it. We made certain that the kids could not have heard what was being discussed. There was no need to scare them. I asked my blonde, curly haired daughter what was bothering her. What she said sent chills through my body.

"Mommy the lady that lives in our house said that we need to move back to where we came from. She said that Ed is going to get mean."

"Karli, what are you talking about?" I asked.

"The lady, mommy, she comes into our room at night. She said we have to leave because Ed is going to hurt you." I tried to assure her that there was no lady. She must have been dreaming, but she was adamant.

I couldn't imagine Ed hurting me. He was very much a pacifist, and was never home. He had never laid a finger on me in the past and I was sure that he wouldn't in the future.

I wasn't ready to believe there were spirits in our home. Little things happened that I was all too ready to find some logical reason for. The trouble was that there weren't many logical reasons for the things that were happening.

The bathroom door would fly open. My first reaction was that a breeze must have blown it open, but there was no opening window in the bathroom. Lights would come on and go off. That had to be an electrical problem. I could feel someone in the room with me, but no one was there. I had to be playing into what the babysitter said.

No matter how much I tried to justify what was happening and ignore the words of the babysitter, I was beginning to become afraid. I was beginning to believe that there might be something to the words we had heard that night and, worse, I was beginning to believe that Karli was seeing someone, or something.

Maybe it was Mrs. Flores, or worse yet, maybe it was the result of the teenagers summoning spirits.

I had to face the fact that we were not alone.


14 comments:

MissCrystal January 9, 2011 at 1:43 PM  

This scared the shit out of me!!!
I knew a lady that lived in a haunted house, and she had a new born. And she said she loved to go into the babies room at night and watch the ghosts rock the baby.
OMFG!! NO! That is not Normal!!

Gucci Mama January 9, 2011 at 1:44 PM  

Killing me with these cliff hangers!

Dazee Dreamer January 9, 2011 at 2:21 PM  

wtf woman. little kids are so much closer to seeing spirits than adults are. I would have peed my pants in that aisle. my heart is hammering now. god

Rob-bear January 9, 2011 at 4:14 PM  

Our daughter had a "guest" in one of her former houses. It wasn't malicious; it was just there. Sometimes an odd thing would happen, but nobody was ever harmed — not even close.

Our daughter shared the house with a friend and the friend's daughter (who was pre-teen). Our daughter and her friend were sort of nodding acquaintances with the "guest." The pre-teen and the "guest" got along famously.

Hey, I'm the journalist; I'm just telling the story.

If you wonder why the Bear's awake instead of hibernating, the answer's simple: Gabrielle Giffords. Even Bears don't sleep through a horror story like that.

Monkey Man January 9, 2011 at 5:44 PM  

This is just great work, Diva. Book worthy material.

Sandra January 9, 2011 at 9:13 PM  

Great. And I read this right before bed. Don't think I'm going to get to sleep easily...I keep thinking I can see the curtains moving...

Countess of Kick Ass January 9, 2011 at 10:40 PM  

What's it with ghosts and little girls? FF's ghost has only been spotted by his daughter....

Holly January 10, 2011 at 5:00 AM  

So I got chills reading what Karli said!! I think children are more likely to see these things because they have such open minds and innocence. As we age we get stuck in our ideas of what is real and not...

Classic NYer January 10, 2011 at 7:57 AM  

Okay... now I'm freaked. It's one thing when they just hang around. It's another when they start telling your kids things about your husband...

Anonymous,  January 12, 2011 at 5:11 PM  

stop leaving cliff hangers plz and everyone out there i need more followers the bipolar diva is my only folower plz help me

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP