Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

Parasitic Bipeds and America's Most Wanted

Monday, October 4, 2010

I stole the questions from my friend at Classic NYC Story. They seemed interesting and certainly made me think. Let's see what happens when my younger self runs into my older self.

1. Depending on your age, go back 10, 15, 20, or even more years.
2. Tell us how many years back you have traveled and why.
3. Pretend you have met yourself during that era, and tell us where you are.
4. You only have one “date” with this former self.
5. Answer these questions.

Okay, as we start, what year is it and how old are you? Twenty is a nice round number. Let's start there. That would 1982 and I had a new baby girl, Karli. Two weeks after Karli was born my next daughter, Michelle, was born. Yeah, kind of weird I know.

Would your younger self (YYS, from here) recognize you when you first meet? Heck no! My YYS would have had no idea I'd be a tattooed biker chick and business owner, sort of,  with 8 parasitic bipeds, wearing Manolos and biker boots in the same week.

Would YYS be surprised to discover what you are doing job wise? Oh very much so. Career? Yeah right. There's no party involved in career. Well, I wouldn't have thought so then.


What piece of fashion advice would you give YYS? Forget 80's fashion, it really was ridiculous. Oh and start that shoe collection!

 What do you think YYS is most going to want to know? How in the world I ended up with those 8 parasitic bipeds, how I ended up married for 23 years and how it feels to be medicated and leading a semi-normal (for me) life.

 How would you answer YYS’s question? The first answer is that I didn't realize that kids are like cats. If you feed them they stick around. The second answer would be that I have no freaking clue. The third answer would have to be that it's different, good in some ways, but I miss some of the old ways.

What would probably be the best thing to tell YYS?  Buy Microsoft, lots and lots of Microsoft.

What is something that you probably wouldn’t tell YYS? How difficult it was picketing a certain car dealer for 8 straight months. The resolution was tremendous and changed the laws in the State of Washington, but the work was so very difficult.

What do you think will most surprise YYS about you? Well, that I'm still alive and am not currently being featured on America's Most Wanted for killing a parasite or two.

What do you think will least surprise YYS? That scars, emotional and physical, are permanent.

At this point in your life, would YYS like to run into “you” from the future? Oh heck yes! I have better shoes, a kick ass motorcycle and I'm much more cool now!




10 comments:

pamlovesbooks October 4, 2010 at 4:19 PM  

ok so isnt it kinda strange having a conversation with yourself from 20 yrs ago and then telling yourself about it?

or should i go celebrate vodka day?

Unknown October 4, 2010 at 5:17 PM  

Love this post!! If only we knew then, right?

I'm totally ripping off this Q & A template but I'll link my entry to you tomorrow.

Cheers, doll!

larainydays October 4, 2010 at 6:07 PM  

I think I would have enjoyed knowing you just as much then as now!

Rob-bear October 4, 2010 at 10:56 PM  

I wonder what my version of YYS would have thought, and asked, had we met 30 years ago. That's when I was 35, and just getting into my radio career.

Love your answers. You've got a lot to share.

Michelle Pixie October 5, 2010 at 8:05 AM  

Okay so "That scars, emotional and physical, are permanent" gave me chills. I like to say the scars remind us. A constant reminder! Sometimes I hate to look at them.

It would be a very interesting conversation to run into our YYS. I think the one thing I would tell myself is that 25 is not old and stop trying to rush your life! Enjoy these years everything you want will follow.

Chrisy Thinks October 5, 2010 at 10:12 AM  

My first visit here..love the answers to what i think would be a hard quiz...hmm...gonna have to give a little more thought to how i would answer...but you seem to be cool youngerself and now...i look forward to following and getting to know you better.

Monkey Man October 5, 2010 at 10:38 AM  

C'mon...like a 20 year old would take advice from anyone.

brandy-son Zen master flash October 5, 2010 at 1:09 PM  

I'm totally jealous that you have you're own bike. I'm way too big of a pussy to buy one or even try riding it. Way to go! I get you look hot on it!

The Green-Eyed Brat October 8, 2010 at 7:50 PM  

This is funny. So funny for reasons i can't say but seeing how you and I ALWAYS have entwined thoughts you probably know why I find this... interesting AND funny!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP