Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

I Did This Why?

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Today, for some reason, I decided that it would be a great idea to watch Identity with John Cusak. It had been raining all day and a stormy, creepy movie seemed to be just the thing to occupy my afternoon.

If you haven’t seen the movie it begins with the psychiatrist of a serial killer trying to get a stay of execution for his client. He’s in a hearing with the Governor, his client and various other men in suits.

Then it switches to a Psycho looking motel. Cue the lightening and thunder. Eleven people are stranded because of a flood. One by one the people are either killed or die in some horrible manner. Then the bodies begin disappearing.


As it turns out these 11 people are not real people at all, but different personalities of the man in the hearing. The doc is trying to prove the killer’s insanity to the governor and at the same time he’s trying to integrate the guy's multiple personalities.

As a personality is integrated a person at the hotel dies. Of course you don’t find out what’s really happening until near the end of the movie.

Finally all of the personalities but the main personality and a girl appear to be integrated.

She’s a sweet girl so you think all is ok and the killer is going to spend the rest of his life in a psychiatric hospital singing songs and shuffling around in jammies. Oh no, while the killer is being transported to the hospital this creepy little kid personality returns, kills the girl personality, takes over the killer and of course the killer then kills his psychiatrist and the driver. Then creepy little kid begins singing this even more creepy little song.

So basically this afternoon I scared the shit out of myself. I’m 48 years old and was scared to walk out of my freaking bedroom, down the dark hall, by five doors and into the living room.

Now I’m lying in bed staring at my open bathroom door and the open closet door. There’s no way I’m getting up to close them because who knows what’s under my bed?  I’m pretty much thinking I’m taking a valium with my ambien and sleeping with the lights on tonight. That is if I can even sleep.

29 comments:

Cheryl D. October 24, 2010 at 10:16 PM  

Whores don't deserve to live!

Or something like that.

I hated that movie.

Holly October 25, 2010 at 2:42 AM  

I haven't seen this and thanks to your heads up... NEVER WILL!! CREEEEEPEEEEEY!!! I'll look forward to your next post so we know you made it through the night OK!! (((HUGS)))

The Blogger Formerly Known As October 25, 2010 at 5:04 AM  

Sounds like an interesting film, but I think I’ll give it a miss :) In fact I might even leave the lights on just having read this.
The enigmatic, masked blogger

Anonymous,  October 25, 2010 at 5:49 AM  

I love that movie! You're right though, it's easy for it to scare the shit out of you, haha.

Furry Bottoms October 25, 2010 at 6:06 AM  

I remember seeing that movie!!! It was a long time ago though and I thought that the psychiatrist was the one with multiple personalities. I gotta watch this again! LOL

Unknown October 25, 2010 at 6:45 AM  

Such a good movie! It is easy to freak yourself out after that one!

Christy October 25, 2010 at 6:52 AM  

I loved that movie. For once, I didn't see it coming.

Unknown October 25, 2010 at 7:29 AM  

I have a confession to make. I got hooked on the show Ghost Adventures a couple of years ago after I had surgery. I was laid up and staying at my folks' place and all I could do was watch TV.

But the show scared the hell outta me (cuz I believe in ghosts) so I'd have to fall asleep afterward with the lights on and my mom or dad would come in later and turn off the light.

Oh, and I was 31 at the time. :)

Dazee Dreamer October 25, 2010 at 7:39 AM  

I feel for you. Those scary movies can do that to a person.

The Invisible Seductress October 25, 2010 at 8:18 AM  

No thanks, my life is too much of a horror flick as it is...Nope not me, not with no man to console me and hold me and and and sigh..

Rob-bear October 25, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

Oh, poor Diva! The things you do to yourself. Sigh.

I wouldn't watch that kind of show. In fact, I've never worked up the nerve to watch Hitchcock's Psycho. Way too scary for this ol' Bear!

Pat October 25, 2010 at 9:38 AM  

I used to watch scary movies with a friend of mine; but then she died last year unexpectedly and I haven't watched one since!

It's funny how a scary movie can play tricks with your mind!

Hart Johnson October 25, 2010 at 9:46 AM  

*chuckles* But isn't it sort of delicious... to scare yourself for a while? Or is it just horrible? I sort of like it.

Mrs. Indecisive October 25, 2010 at 10:06 AM  

I watched Paranormal Actvity yesterday and barely slept because I was afraid a demon was watching me...yikes! So I feel your pain!

Beryl October 25, 2010 at 11:01 AM  

I'm with you, well almost with you. I know myself well enough to never watch scary movies or go to haunted houses. Part of my brain will say, "Oh gimme a fucking break, that is so not real and the other part will respond with, "Who the fuck cares? We're still peeing our pants."

Yeah...
Still hey, thanks for the FYI. When it winds up on TBS I'll keep on surfing.

xox
Beryl

Anonymous,  October 25, 2010 at 12:25 PM  

LOL But I LOVE movies like that! Have you seen Shutter Island?

The Bipolar Diva October 25, 2010 at 1:19 PM  

Cheryl.....Even though I was feeling that way toward the end of the movie for some reason I love it.

The Bipolar Diva October 25, 2010 at 1:20 PM  

Masked blogger:

yes, the light's were on low, but they were on!

The Bipolar Diva October 25, 2010 at 1:21 PM  

Nikki:

I thought it was Ray Liotta, he always plays creepy people!

The Bipolar Diva October 25, 2010 at 1:26 PM  

Christy:

I didn't either the first time I saw it!

Tricia;

That sounds like me!

Dazee~ yes it can!

Monkey Man~ I know, but what can I say?

Rob~ My dad saw Psycho, he never took a shower with the door unlocked again!

Pat~ They really can, can't they?

Hart~ I kinda like them when I'm watching them. It's after though...yikes!

Jen~ The thought of that movie scares me!

Beryl:
I know, huh?

Dances;
I haven't. My brother just told me I should, I'm not so sure...

Brenda Susan October 25, 2010 at 4:06 PM  

The house is cozy and a storm is outside? My movie choice would have been White Christmas or Breakfast At Tiffany's, silly girl!

Anonymous,  October 25, 2010 at 4:24 PM  

Great movie..a real mind bender!
Just remember..its not the monsters under the bed that will get you, its the ones in your head! buahahaha
Melissa

Anonymous,  October 25, 2010 at 5:43 PM  

That movie was BAD ASS! Loved it!

Daisygirl October 25, 2010 at 8:12 PM  

I loved that movie!!! But um ya on a rainy day hell no I am not watching it!!!

Tracie Nall October 26, 2010 at 7:11 PM  

Ugh. I remember watching that back when it first came out. Scary!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP