Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

I Think It Would Be Really Cool

Saturday, August 6, 2011

I was riding my motorcycle the other day. While I was riding I was thinking of my Dad and my brothers. Dad rode a motorcycle for years before I did.

I got my bike a couple of years before he died and although he was a bit un-nerved by me riding I think he was proud too. When my bike got totaled he was pretty freaked out, but he was still proud.

When I was riding I was thinking how cool he would think it would be to ride with all of his kids at once. I think it would have been cool too, awesome as a matter of fact.

Now I need to make sure I at least ride with my brothers. I guess a trip to Texas is in order sometime soon. I'll rent a bike and we'll ride and ride. We'll ride for Dad.


Dad and Nikki. He had a Goldwing that he had converted to a trike when his knees went bad.




My brother Joel 




My brother Eric, AKA Moose, and my niece Sydney




Me!


Even my sister in law, Tina, rides now. 



Yes, it would have been cool for us all to ride with Dad. After we ride maybe we'll visit him at his resting place, toast him with some Tanqueray and Tonics and pour one for him too. Mom, I'll take her coffee.

13 comments:

Dee August 6, 2011 at 4:52 PM  

I hope y'all get to ride for your Dad soon boo!

Dazee Dreamer August 6, 2011 at 5:55 PM  

that would be awesome for you all to get together and have a ride for your dad. I think its cool you all ride.

Rob-bear August 6, 2011 at 6:43 PM  

What a wonderful post. Here's to your riding, and your dad.

The Blogger Formerly Known As August 7, 2011 at 6:41 AM  

Hope you do manage that trip to Texas for your dad before too long. Looking at those pictures made me miss my motorcycle

Monkey Man August 7, 2011 at 8:41 AM  

What a great way to honor your dad.

Just Two Chicks August 7, 2011 at 9:29 AM  

Let me know when you come to Texas! I think I could ride the trike :)

The Bipolar Diva August 7, 2011 at 1:00 PM  

I want to ride with them so badly! I hope I can soon!

Just Two Chicks, I'll let you know for sure!

myinnerchick.com August 7, 2011 at 3:44 PM  

---So Cool, Diva.
Just letting your hair blow in the wind. :) Xx

Liz Mays August 8, 2011 at 3:03 PM  

You so make me want to ride too. I love the idea of a ride for Dad. :)

Snowbrush August 8, 2011 at 6:09 PM  

I loved the pictures, Diva, and I also loved knowing more about your family--I didn't even know you had brothers.

The Bipolar Diva August 8, 2011 at 8:53 PM  

Thanks Snowbrush! Yep I'm the oldest of the three of us. Joel is second and Eric is the baby. If you can call a 6'4" guy a baby.

The Bipolar Diva August 8, 2011 at 8:54 PM  

myinnerchick;

Will do, will do!!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP