Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

WWF, Secrets and Lattes

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I guess it should no longer surprise me when stories are revealed about the happenings in my house when eight kids were left alone for any amount of time. You'd think with my super sleuthy spy skills there would be no unknowns, or maybe I just didn't want to know some things.




We were all in the living room the other night talking about who knows what when my son-in-law let out a secret, a secret that had successfully been kept hidden away for years. It was a secret they had taken a vow never to let out of their mouths. When he first began to speak I looked around the room at the surprised, but smirking, faces of my wolves children.



"I couldn't believe the first time I came over here on a Sunday morning" Justin said with a look of total amazement on his face. The kids sat there quietly smiling. They knew the secret that had been kept behind sealed lips, at least from Jeff and me, was about to be spilled.



I took in a deep breath knowing what I was about to hear wasn't going to be roses and sunshine. You see, Jeff and I go to Starbucks alone every Sunday morning for a little quiet time. We use to marvel at the fact that our kids would sit around on those lazy mornings talking and hanging out with each other. They got along so well and we were incredibly proud of the harmonious family we had raised.



With his eyes wide and his arms in the air Justin continued "As soon as you were out the door everyone jumped up and all of the furniture in the living room was thrown to the sides. One of the kids went to the window to be the lookout and a bell rang. Then two kids were tossed into the middle of the room."



"Oh dear God, kill me now" I thought as I drew in a breath, dropped my head and waited. My face was getting hot and I was thinking I was going to need an Ativan for this one.



"Then they started fighting. Everyone was cheering on the one they had placed bets on."



I put my head in my hands as I pictured the entire chaotic scene.



"One would get hurt and they were pulled from the ring crying. Another kid was thrown into the circle to take on the winner."



The kids began chuckling, they knew they were now too old, or too fast for us to catch and beat.



Nikki piped up proudly "We always rotated being the lookout and when we heard you drive up we'd throw the crying ones into their bedrooms, put all of the furniture back into place, sit down and start talking like nothing was going on."



In a lame attempt to get back into our good graces Michael added "But Mom, we always cleaned the house before the smack down."



My kids aren't a pack of wolves at all. They're Romans, Christians and lions, oh my.




21 comments:

litanyofbritt May 19, 2010 at 3:50 PM  

BAHAHAHAHAHA! you're outnumbered!

Monkey Man May 19, 2010 at 4:15 PM  

Guess you super sluethy spy skills aren't so super after all. Great story. I am sure as my own two get older, stories hidden from me will come out for a laugh.

Ms. Understood May 19, 2010 at 4:21 PM  

Oh my gosh . . . gladiator fights on Sunday mornings?!? Priceless. How long ago was this?

The Bipolar Diva May 19, 2010 at 4:28 PM  

Ha ha ha.....I guess my skills have waned some with all the kids. Oh yes, you'll hear things you never thought possible! :)

Unknown May 19, 2010 at 6:05 PM  

I could just imagine what this scene looked like. I bet you never enjoy your Sunday coffee again lol. Did they have some sort of smackdown belt at least for the winner? ;)

Ms. Understood May 19, 2010 at 6:25 PM  

LOL. Gladiator fights in the living room on a Sunday morning. Placing bets??? What were they wagering? (since I already know when it happened, I thought of another question, LOL).

Nolie May 19, 2010 at 8:54 PM  

You have got to admit though that hearing the stories now are wonderful. Even more so that they feel they can sit around and share them now.

Allyson & Jere May 19, 2010 at 9:41 PM  

That is crazy and so funny. We used to do stupid things when our parents were out too, like fainting parties, and ridiculous games in the pitch black until someone was injured. But, WWF in the living room, and bets, that's something extra special.

Free2bMommy May 19, 2010 at 9:52 PM  

That was freaking classic! I love the throwing of the crying ones into the rooms!

Dee

The Bama Gardener May 19, 2010 at 10:08 PM  

That is so funny! I am CRACKING UP! I totally did things like that with my brothers that my parents are just finding out about :)

Miss Fit May 20, 2010 at 3:12 AM  

New Follower from FMBT! 8 KIDS! Your own wrestling team.

Joann Mannix May 20, 2010 at 8:13 AM  

That is just crazy and a little bit fantastic, if I don't say so myself. I come from a pack of 7 kids. We were loud, Irish and always walked on the wild side. That sounds exactly like something we would have done, if we'd thought of it. Glad no one ever got seriously maimed in the process!

Unknown May 20, 2010 at 8:51 AM  

Hahahahaha Stopping by from SITs - thanks for the laugh.

Monkey Man May 20, 2010 at 1:28 PM  

I posted a challenge to you in my blog today. I think you would be great at it and I hope you participate.

Karyn May 20, 2010 at 6:51 PM  

I love these stories.....like ER medicine, you just can't make this stuff up!

KNB May 21, 2010 at 1:19 PM  

Hilarious! You never know what happens when the cat goes away, do you? It certainly brought your kids closer...

Stopping by from SITS

http://mommamaybemad.blogspot.com/2010/05/track-and-field.html

Katie's Dailies May 21, 2010 at 4:07 PM  

Hee! I like your little comment intro there!

I can't wait till my two kids are brave enough and married before they spill secrets because I know they have 'em buried deep in their souls. Wow, two kids sounds like nothing at all compared to your crowd! Did they have refs, pretty cheerleaders and a ring announcer?

The Bipolar Diva May 21, 2010 at 4:13 PM  

Hee..hee....I never thought to ask about that! But I'm sure there was an announcer and I'd bet anything it was my oldest son!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP