Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

"MOM! DON'T LOOK!!"

Friday, May 7, 2010

Last night about 11 or so I decided I was a bit hungry. Jeff and I had gone out with some friends and I couldn't bring myself to eat. We brought home most of my dinner. I began thinking about that box in the refrigerator marked "MOM'S! TOUCH AND YOU WILL DIE!"

I got out of bed, turned on the hall light and walked right into a gaggle of giggling geese and a living room, dining room and kitchen filled with pink and black balloons and completely covered with pink streamers.

The giggles suddenly turned to screeches.

"MOM! DON'T LOOK! COVER YOUR EYES!"

You see today is the 2nd anniversary of my 29th birthday. The kids were cleaning the house and blowing up balloons for me.

"How sweet", I thought as I grabbed a rib or two and went back into my bedroom. I drifted away to dreamland thinking how lucky I am to have such wonderful, caring kids.

This morning I got up to find a crystal vase of beautiful roses and smiling faces wishing me a wonderful birthday. "Awwwww", I thought again as I grabbed my keys to get my morning habit underway. I had to get to Starbucks. I had to get coffee.

Down the stairs and into the garage I floated on the wishes of my darlings. I opened the door and saw it. My car was covered with paint. "Ok, breathe" was running through my mind. I forced the smile to stay on my face as the mischievous minions were beaming up at me. I scanned the car for tape or window paint on the paint of my car. None. Whew! Good kids.

Well, they were good kids until I noticed that the front seats were overflowing with balloons. It was at that moment I almost cracked. Balloon filled car means I can't get in which means I can't get to Starbucks which means I can't get my COFFEE!

"It was Karli's idea Mom."

"It was all Karli!"

"Mom, you can just push the balloons into the back seat."

In my decaffeinated state I hadn't thought of that. I could breathe again. I was going to be able to get my morning fix. I pushed as many balloons as I could into the back so that I could squeeze in.

I backed into the driveway, got out and had to get pictures. I had to get pictures of the love and devotion my babies have for their mommy. They are truly awesome and I can't imagine my life without them.

I drove to Starbucks proudly displaying the love of my kids.

I'm one very lucky mom.







13 comments:

Anonymous,  May 7, 2010 at 4:33 PM  

Bipolar Diva, indeed! Ok, kids. Next time, make sure you have Mommy's Starbucks available for her so she doesn't need to drive the car, especially if you plan to fill it with anything.

I could totally work for this Diva.

Claudya Martinez May 7, 2010 at 4:38 PM  

You must be doing something right to be worthy of all that love and devotion! Happy 29th Birthday Anniversary!

The Bipolar Diva May 7, 2010 at 4:51 PM  

Thank you! You should see it in here now, I can't even count the balloons and there are little ones running EVERYWHERE! It's pretty cool :)

Brenda Susan May 7, 2010 at 5:45 PM  

So sweet! See you are doing a lot of these right apparently!

Pop Pop May 7, 2010 at 5:55 PM  

Just imagine what might have been lurking in your car had I been in the neighborhood! But I WOULD have had some coffee for you!

Tiffany May 8, 2010 at 9:11 AM  

how sweet. Happy Birthday!!

Classic NYer May 8, 2010 at 4:19 PM  

Clearly your kids rock. Happy twenty ninth anniversary! And happy mother's day while I'm at it!

Weird connection moment: you have the same birthday as my friend from Boston.

The Bipolar Diva May 8, 2010 at 11:14 PM  

Thank you everyone! And today was a great day as well........I passed my motorcycle test and finally, after riding for almost 5 years, I'm legal!

Gucci Mama May 9, 2010 at 2:06 PM  

Cute! I mean, now that I know you got your Starbucks it's cute. Otherwise I would have felt like weeping.

Snowbrush May 10, 2010 at 3:20 AM  

Aw, how sweet they are and how lucky you are! Happy belated birthday.

Anonymous,  May 12, 2010 at 11:00 PM  

Ask my dad all about balloons in the car! It's a favorite of me and my mom :)

-Emi

The Bipolar Diva May 12, 2010 at 11:04 PM  

Emi,

I can just see his face now!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP