Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

I Really Said That?

Thursday, May 27, 2010

The top three things I've said as a parent and then thought WTH?

1) "Well keep your nose out of your brother's mouth!"

It seemed appropriate to me at the time. I mean, just who's fault is it when one kid's nose gets bitten by her brother? Seems to me she could have, well I don't know......maybe MOVED!

2) "I'm sorry but your bird is in the freezer."

Well, long story so you can find it here.

3) "Stop whining! You're going back to camp!"

Ok, embarrassing story here. Another really bad mom moment. Short version:

Kid didn't want to go to camp.
We made him.
Camp calls, kid is on the way to the hospital.
Kid got hurt playing tag.
I get to the hospital and kid looks fine but is writhing and moaning.
I thought he's thinking this is his ticket out of camp.
Xray comes back. Kid's cheekbone is shattered. Needs Surgery.
Mom feels like bad mom of the century.
Kid never goes to camp again.

So now I have a kid that could have been wearing the metal nose that Lee Marvin wore in "Cat Ballou." I have a kid that's petrified we'll kill her pets and I have a kid that has a phobia of camps.

Sometimes I wonder why I ever took this mom thing up. It's so easy to do, or say, the wrong thing.


16 comments:

Allyson & Jere May 27, 2010 at 8:17 PM  

That is hilarious! I too am often amazed at the ridiculous things that come out of my mouth sometimes.

Bummer about the shattered cheekbone, that one is a bummer. But, clearly they survived it and still love you.

The Bipolar Diva May 27, 2010 at 8:24 PM  

Oh I think that's the one thing that I'll never stop feeling badly about. Poor kid! I mean, before we made him go we had a talk with him that included "What the heck can happen to you at camp?"

Ms. Understood May 27, 2010 at 8:55 PM  

Oh my gosh . . . that is so funny. Cats are something else. I chased my cat around trying to get something from her. She's really fast for being 13 pounds. Does you son have any issues now from the shattered cheek?? "Keep your nose out your brother's mouth" . . . priceless, LOL.

Donda May 27, 2010 at 9:06 PM  

That is great! Praise Jesus I am not the only one crazy stuff falls out of their mouth. I am almost positive one or all of my kids will be in therapy for this one KID- "You love blah-blah more than me" ME-"No I don't, I dislike you all equally...now out of my face".

stash mama May 27, 2010 at 9:27 PM  

Haha that is too funny! I am your newest follower via blog hop friday!!

The Bipolar Diva May 27, 2010 at 9:34 PM  

I think I need a bag for my head like Unknown Mami has. Hers is cool though, mine would be for pure shame.

Amy @ Marvelous Mommy May 27, 2010 at 9:43 PM  

Visiting from the blog hop! I'm your newest follower! Happy Friday!

www.marvelousmommy.com

Victoria May 27, 2010 at 9:50 PM  

Haha, this is awesome (though everytime I see "shattered cheekbone" I wince, poor fellow)... it reminds me of the time I had to wash barf off a stuffed lobster (Maine trip souvenir) and everyone thought I was nuts, complaining about the "lobster wash." Only another parent would get it! (Hi by the way, I'm so glad I found your actual blog! Wicked cool. :)

Tracie Nall May 27, 2010 at 10:28 PM  

I am forever saying the absolute wrong thing!

Following you from FF! =) Have a great weekend!

Unknown May 27, 2010 at 10:58 PM  

OMgash! Oh awfull! Poor kid! Yeah, you never know :)
Following your blog, come follow mine and say hi! Happy New friend Friday!
Gros bisous
Frenchy

Unknown May 28, 2010 at 12:27 AM  

LOLOLOL!!! Too funny! Following your blog from friday-follow

anne maskell May 28, 2010 at 6:46 AM  

Welcome to my life! I've spent half my life as a mom questioning myself! With six kids, it wasn't always a life of peace and quiet. Many times I've caught myself saying or doing something and I think to myself, did you really just say/do that? My kids tease me now about many such instances!
I followed you home from NFF, and now I'm a new follower! (shhh, don't tell anyone, but I'm BP too!)

The Maniacal Matron - @MMScarlett May 28, 2010 at 9:51 AM  

OMG THIS IS THE FUNNIEST THING EVER!!!!!

"Keep your nose out of your brother's mouth!"

OMG I can't stop laughing

SO glad I found your blog from Friday's Blog Hop!! I needed a laugh today!

Claudya Martinez May 28, 2010 at 11:44 AM  

But they're alive. That's gotta count for some good mothering.

The Bipolar Diva May 31, 2010 at 12:15 AM  

Yes, they are alive. But I do sleep with my door locked at night!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP