Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

Motorcycles, Poodles and Hell

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Friday morning we'll be off for the weekend to Hell's Canyon Motorcycle Rally 2010 in Eastern Oregon. I have to admit that I'm a little afraid. It's not a secret that I haven't been feeling my best these past 5 months, but that's not really what's bothering me. I'll load up on the B12 and whatever else I can to keep me going, but what scares the CRAP out of me is one of the rides that Jeff wants to go on while we're there.

It's called The Devil's Tail, not the "Tail of the Dog", not the "Kitten's Tail" oh no, it's freaking called the "DEVIL'S TAIL." One of the demonizing great descriptions I've come across says that "it makes Deal's Gap look like child's play." Yeah, yeah, I know that most of you have no idea what the heck I'm talking about, but it's some scary BLEEP.

The ride there should be beautiful and the ride back sensational, it's just the ride while we're there that has me petrified! Maybe Isabella and I will just hang around the town, meeting the vendors and seeing the sites while those more daring get intimate with the Devil's Tail.

I thought I'd show you a few pics of Isabella's transformation. Maybe looking at her baby pictures and the way she is today will make me feel a bit nostalgic and I'll be ready to ride on Friday.


Here she is fresh off of the showroom floor. That's little Jake showing her off.


First long ride before the accident.


Being taken apart after the accident. She was totaled.

Home from the painter!




I think that the pink skull is one of my favorite parts.

Nikki and I chose a huge pink poodle to take to the kids toy run. You should have seen everyone looking at two girls flying down the highway on a pink bike holding a huge pink poodle!

Now that I've looked through pictures of my baby I'm looking forward to the trip. I'll make sure I have my camera available and IF I dare see the Devil's Tail I'll get some pictures.

Alrighty then, I'm beginning to get scared all over again.........

26 comments:

Anonymous,  June 9, 2010 at 4:19 PM  

Becareful mom hop ya have fun love you

The Bipolar Diva June 9, 2010 at 4:36 PM  

I lost all of my comments on this post when I tried to change comment providers. If you left one, I didn't reject it. Sorry about that...ugh!

Bring Pretty Back June 9, 2010 at 5:01 PM  

I do not have a motorcycle, but I want your pink one! I absolutely love it! oh my gosh , it is so cool!
Oh boy, that sounds scary!! yikes.
'keep us posted!
Have a pretty day,
Kristin

Bring Pretty Back June 9, 2010 at 5:02 PM  

I am so jealous of your pink motorcycle!
That sounds scary! oh boy! Keep up posted on the ride,
Have a pretty day,
Kristin

Liz June 9, 2010 at 5:26 PM  

I love Isabella!!!! She's a beauty! Oh man. hubby would never let me have one as he is in a wheelchair because of one.

Have fun and be safe. If you don't feel comfortable with it, then meet the folks in town. I'm sure you'll meet plenty of people saying as you an Isabella are both beauties!

Ms. Understood June 9, 2010 at 6:15 PM  

Aww, I love the pink. Have a wonderful time and I can't wait to see the pics when you get back.

Free2bMommy June 9, 2010 at 8:21 PM  

Gorgeous bike! Luv the pink and kiss! You riding a bike is more ballsey then me already, without the added Devels Tail! I would imagine it has earned that title.

Dee

Donda June 9, 2010 at 9:41 PM  

OK, if I was a biker chic I would so be diggin' your pink hog!!!

Kimberly Walker June 9, 2010 at 10:12 PM  

Two woman on a pink bike holding a poodle... now that I would like to see! Well, I hope you enjoy the trip...drive safely

Tammy June 9, 2010 at 10:42 PM  

I think shopping sounds so much better than the Devils Tail!!!!!

Thanks for joining our bloghop today! We love that you joined us.

Enjoy your ride on Friday!

Unknown June 9, 2010 at 11:45 PM  

Oh thank you for the tips! I've heard about those shakes but I wasn't sure if they actual work on "real" people.. I'm totally going to check them out!

I hope you feel better soon, I hope it's nothing too serious =/

Anonymous,  June 10, 2010 at 4:01 AM  

OMG, she had me at the little pink kissy lips. Awesome!
By now you're probably on your way, I'm wishing you the best day!! And I bet if you asked Isabella, she'd say she isn't afraid of little Devil's Tail. ;)

Java June 10, 2010 at 6:43 AM  

Just the name scares me!! Hope you have a wonderful time! Looking forward to hearing how it went! Have a safe trip!

Unknown June 10, 2010 at 7:55 AM  

Wow! Be careful! I love your bike. I love that it's pink, and my favorite part is the kiss! Good luck with Devil's Tail - I agree with Tammy, shopping sounds much better!

Michelle Pixie June 10, 2010 at 8:09 AM  

Oooooo I love it!! You won't be too far from me this weekend...if you get tired of the ride just sing by here. ;-)

Traci66 June 10, 2010 at 9:29 AM  

I am now following you. I would like to invite you or anyones else to come join my sister and my Keppin' Company Thursday and I have a Thursday Giveaway Link Up also at http://traci66.blogspot.com
It is kinda crazy Tammy's Two Cents and Menopausal Mom then Traci66 and Heck of a Bunch came up with the same idea of having these Thursday link ups. Happy Thursday

Anonymous,  June 10, 2010 at 11:12 AM  

You are officially my hero!

Mama Hen June 10, 2010 at 12:34 PM  

Have fun! Try your best not to stress and have a great time! Have a great day!

Mama Hen

Classic NYer June 10, 2010 at 7:04 PM  

You're pretty gangster. You can handle it. :-)

W.C.Camp June 10, 2010 at 8:36 PM  

Pink Bike is awesome but I won't show it to my daughter or she will want one for sure! The problem is that ANY RIDE for her will feel like the Devil's tail. Be careful and good luck. Can't wait to hear some stories. W.C.C.

karyn June 10, 2010 at 11:35 PM  

Ok- we have to talk about Deal's Gap and the Tail of the Dragon out here in NC- The road scared the hell out of me on my sporty, but I rode the whole thing, twice- it's keeps you on your toes....so now I will have to look at the Devil's Tail........

Classic NYer June 12, 2010 at 9:18 PM  

So how was it? Did you take it like a G? (I talk hip-hop sometimes. My apologies.)

khadija March 22, 2016 at 6:12 PM  

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon the blog and wished to say that I’ve truly enjoyed browsing the blog posts
Bike tips

The Bipolar Diva March 29, 2016 at 11:02 AM  

Thank you Joseph. I need to get back into writing more. It's been too long!

www.rakibulislam.com June 16, 2016 at 10:22 AM  

I need to concede that I'm somewhat apprehensive. It's not a mystery that I haven't been feeling my best these previous 5 months, however that is not by any stretch of the imagination what's annoying me. I'll load up on the B12 and whatever else I can to keep me going, yet what terrifies the CRAP out of me is one of the rides that Jeff needs to go on while we're there.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP