Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

The Baby

Friday, April 30, 2010

The sun shines brightly today


No clouds, no wind


But rain is falling and the mood is heavy


I hear him cry and my heart breaks


My tears fall freely as they did all the months of his life


He's holding my kisses and the angel I placed in his small lifeless hand


He is peaceful now, but we are left with the pain of his demise


When he left he took my heart, my joy and my life


How I want him back for just one more day


To tell him I love him, to kiss him and to smell him


Before placing him back into the safe arms of his Creator






5 comments:

The Bipolar Diva April 30, 2010 at 1:27 PM  

Thank you. Isaiah would have been 6 years old this July. I'm not sure the pain will ever leave. To have to watch and know that your grandson will die is something no one should ever have to go through.

Karli April 30, 2010 at 1:29 PM  

I love this, it is so well written. I love it even though it is only being written because our hearts have been broken :(

Snowbrush May 1, 2010 at 12:43 AM  

I am so sorry.

My wife is a labor and delivery nurse who sometimes has the sad duty of placing dead babies in the arms of their parents. She also prepares little kits of memories, things like hand prints and foot prints.

The Bipolar Diva May 1, 2010 at 11:39 AM  

Thank you Snowbrush. That must be a terrible thing to have to experience. We were lucky enough to have Isaiah for 12 weeks before we lost him. It's been a long road.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP