Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

And I'm still alive, I think

Friday, April 9, 2010

Highlights of last five years in a nutshell, or in this instance in a blog:


Oldest daughter has surgery and gets bad staph infection.

Daughter has major surgery to remove staph.

Oldest Daughter gets married.

Daughter has baby.

Daughter, husband, son and baby move in.

Kids find drug paraphernalia hidden in my garage.

Daughter’s husband turns out to be meth addict.

Daughter’s husband transmitted herpes to baby.

Daughter divorces druggie.

Baby dies at 12 weeks because of herpes.

We bury our grandson. He didn’t have socks on. That still bothers me.

Adopted daughter tries to destroy family and almost succeeds.

Adopted daughter diagnosed as psychopath.

Adopted daughter leaves and goes back to what she had known her first ten years.

Oldest daughter remarries.

She gets pregnant. Baby born three months early.

Two weeks later my mom is killed.

Live in NICU for three months with preemie baby.

13 months spent flying to Texas for 1-2 weeks a month to take care of Dad.

Autistic son attacks me and my husband four times in three months. Police called each time.

Autistic son taken to hospital three of those times.

We're now on first name basis with the police.

I was hit on my motorcycle. Bike was totaled. I didn’t walk for 4 months.

Dad found dead by my brother.

Daughter gets pregnant again.

Baby girl born three months early.

Three more months of NICU.

Granddaughter has heart failure.

Granddaughter has open heart surgery.

Adopted son forges our business checks and steals our medications.

Adopted son told to go to the military or be arrested.

Adopted son runs and throws away college scholarship.

I have melt-down.

I was diagnosed with Bipolar II

Autistic son suspended from school for protecting himself from bully.

Oldest son is the pedestrian victim of a hit and run.

Son found on side of road unconscious.

Son flown by LifeFlight to Emanuel Hospital.

Found out from youngest daughter that oldest daughter is moving to Texas .

Youngest daughter was told not to tell me.

I freak at the thought of losing my daughter and grandchildren.

Oldest son released from hospital and moves in with us for 4 months to heal.

Son-in-law is laid off work.

Son moves out.

Autistic son suspended again for protecting himself.

I seek counsel to enforce school’s anti-bullying policy that is being ignored.

Man that hit my son was indicted.

Daughter and family lose house.

Daughter, Son-in-law and kids move in with 2 dogs, a cat, a tortoise and some fish.

Our business loses 6 months of work in 2009.

Problems in marriage almost lead to divorce.

Worry about keeping our home of 12 years because of economy.

I found out my white blood cell count is low. Worry about leukemia.

Tests continue for me.

During all of this time oldest daughter has a dozen major surgeries.

Tonight man that hit son was arrested.

Man charged with B Felony.

Maximum ten years in prison and $250,000 fine.

I bet he'll plea out.

I think I’ll have some robin’s eggs, an ambien and watch LA ink.

Will be sleeping with four leaf clover, rabbit’s foot and fingers crossed.

Probably should get holy water, olive oil and a rosary.

Time for bed.

Tomorrow’s a new day.


these book titles made me laugh

How to Make People Think You Are Normal (Truth about Life Humor Books)  The Murderous Urges Of Ordinary Women How To Create A New Identity

4 comments:

Domartello April 10, 2010 at 7:16 AM  

Hello good day!
Life is like that, without disorder or nuisance to follow your life . Important to be happy .. Cheers.
Carlos.

The Bipolar Diva April 13, 2010 at 11:52 PM  

Thank you Carlos! In you I have found a friend!

Domartello April 14, 2010 at 3:12 AM  

Dear friend, strength to you, you'll get beat, your fate is really great, but you're a strong woman.
Where will tomorrow and with it new possibilities of things melhores.Na life to support the target is to make every day a soul with more light.
For everything you've passed you today is a great person at heart.
Have a friend here.
A hug.
Carlos.

Anonymous,  July 20, 2010 at 12:59 PM  

I think that amount of stress would MAKE a person bi polar! Yet..you are still standing and smiling. I think talking about struggles instead of keeping them silent and internal does a lot to help one get through the difficult times. A sign of strength is not to deal with problems all on your own, but to know when to ask for help.
Melissa

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP