Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

Duct tape or an iPhone?

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It was really, I mean really, quiet around our house tonight. There was no arguing, no screaming, no dogs yelping. I heard no crying or anything being thrown. Something had to be up. This just doesn't happen in our house.


Most days I feel like this. Even though I'm a stay at home mom and my kids have never been to daycare.

 






I was beginning to think that I'd taken one too many Xanex. We crept into the living room not really knowing what to expect. Had the dogs taken revenge? Had the kids locked themselves out on the deck again? Had they all eaten that chicken that's been in the fridge for the last, um, several weeks?
This is what we found:


Ok, there's two.

and another


one more


Jake makes five.


Anna-Grace makes six.

They were in the living room within 15 feet of each other. All were there but Michael who was down in his room doing homework, or what he said was home work. No one was making a sound. I'm grabbing my calendar, this is never going to happen again! Oh wait! I need my iPhone to document this once in a lifetime occasion!

Jeff wasn't too happy though. He was a little more than irritated that every child was on some sort electronic device, even the baby. He gave them the "when I was a kid I was never in the house" lecture.

 

They looked at me and I gave then the "just roll with it" look. They looked out of the window at the hail coming down and the rain blowing sideways then all 12 eyes were back on their still lecturing father. They knew better than to say a word. They let him finish his rant, said the obligatory "yes sir" and went back to being OUIET!

I know he has a point. But there are days that I only want quiet! I don't care if comes from a roll of duct tape or an iPhone.



There are times around our home when iPods and kids mean a sane mom, and a sane mom doesn't happen everyday.

4 comments:

Pop Pop April 29, 2010 at 12:46 AM  

Definitely a Kodak moment! And the pics of the kids all behaving are great also! As for Jeff, you should have thrown a polishing rag at him and sent him to the garage to polish up the Harleys!

Green-Eyed Momster April 29, 2010 at 8:06 PM  

Another thing we have in common! Our kids have never been to day care either.

Your kids are beautiful and handsome. Thanks for posting pics.

Quiet? I don't really know what that is.

Hugs!!

Brenda Susan May 1, 2010 at 9:32 PM  

Hilarious! Totally loved this post! All four of us have often been found in our livingroom on separate laptops!

The Bipolar Diva May 1, 2010 at 10:17 PM  

Thank you! It drives my husband crazy. He doesn't even know how to turn his computer on! I kinda like it sometimes though.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP