Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

This Blonde Walks Into A Bar Alone

Monday, November 12, 2012


It's been decades since I walked into a bar alone, wait that's a lie. I walked into one a couple of years ago in Texas to meet up with my best friend, Angela, but that's a whole different story involving some businessmen, a few lies and a possum. 

Several nights ago I walked into a little tavern totally solo. It is one of the Happy Valley neighborhood hangouts, and I was hoping there would be no one there I knew. Since I was sans friends there would be questions, "What are YOU doing here?" "Hey, wanna hook up?"

If there was anyone there I knew, no matter my explanation, there would be a gossip wildfire that could never be put out. My reputation as the mom with the huge, multi-colored family would be replaced with one as the town skank. Hell, my own opinion has changed after seeing several people alone in that little bar a few times.

I made a bee line to the bar, I didn't look around at the people there, I avoided all eye contact. I found an empty seat near the back, out of eye's sight of the rest of the bar and grabbed it. I had a craving for fried liver and that's the only place I knew I could find it.  The bartender recognized me and we chatted a few minutes, he knew the liver was for me, that's about all I order to eat when I'm there. I had called in my order but had to wait about 20 minutes after I got there. So I sat back on the bar stool and screwed around on my phone. Thank God for smart phones!

The guy sitting next to me was quite boisterous, obviously drunk and was there to drink and drink a lot. He yelled out "HOW TALL ARE YOU?" Yeah, he had that much class. At least he didn't ask if I played basketball in school, I would have been arrested for a quick throat punch to the less than classy drunk. I don't ask short people if they were a jockey or heavy people if they were a Sumo wrestler, so give it a rest already. Have a little class, don't be an asshole.

I was trying to mind my own business but the drunken loudmouth would have none of it and peppered me with questions. I answered politely, but my answers were very short and sweet. Finally he turned to the woman to his other side. The first thing he loudly asked her was, "Hey, ya wanna see my new tattoo? You'll never guess what it is!"

"I bet it's an asshole," she responded, he was too drunk to get it. I heard chuckles from the rest of the people at, and around, the bar.

The guy proceeded to remove his shirt and flash his new tattoo. I didn't look, I tried not to hear. This guy was not only embarrassing himself, he was embarrassing everyone around. When he didn't get the response from her that he had hoped for he turned back to me. 

By this time I was really feeling uncomfortable. I'm usually with friends and I don't have to worry about idiots. But they weren't there. I was on my own and I didn't know how to handle myself. Miss self-assured was a bit on edge.

The guy next to me kept up the questions and general drunken chatter. That's when my savior appeared. The bartender showed up with my order.

"Here's your two orders of livers."

"WHAT," yelled the drunken man, "LIVERS?"

"Yes, livers," I said as I held my head high.

"That's the most disgusting thing I've EVER heard of!"

I felt victorious as I paid the bartender, grabbed my livers and strutted out of the bar leaving the drunk in a state of shock.







 

20 comments:

Outcast November 12, 2012 at 4:04 PM  

The ending of this awesome story made me laugh so much Diva, I can't see what's wrong with livers, I'm hungry for one right now in fact!

Unknown November 12, 2012 at 4:07 PM  

WTH I would have figured you would have flashed your carry concealed license lol.. I would have..

The Bipolar Diva November 12, 2012 at 4:08 PM  

I'd kind of like some right now too!

The Bipolar Diva November 12, 2012 at 4:12 PM  

Angel; I didn't even think of it! Darn!

Susie - Walking Butterfly November 12, 2012 at 8:23 PM  

Lol! Great story, had me scared that it was going to end badly...for someone. Not sure who. But I was pretty sure you would be the winner in the end!

The Bipolar Diva November 12, 2012 at 8:28 PM  

haha, thanks.....I think the bartender was on my side. I just might of won without the liver!

MarkD60 November 13, 2012 at 5:59 AM  

Fried Liver? Ewwwww!
Feelings aren't facts, you know. You go to pick up some food that doesn't mean you're there for anything else. But you think you know what other people are thinking, but really, you don't.
So this dude had an asshole tattooed on his back?

Mom November 13, 2012 at 7:18 AM  

I love fried liver, with fried onions. Also like chicken livers and gizzard fried with onions, too. Good old fashioned,fill the tummy food.

Princess Kate November 13, 2012 at 1:28 PM  

Not a big fan of liver but this story made me laugh out loud. Glad it ended well. Hope you enjoyed the liver!!!

The Bipolar Diva November 13, 2012 at 1:58 PM  

I love chicken livers and gizzards!

The Bipolar Diva November 13, 2012 at 1:59 PM  

Princess Kate;

I did! Glad you enjoyed the post!

Osbasso November 14, 2012 at 10:25 AM  

Oh, hell! I would've done gizzards with you!

The Bipolar Diva November 14, 2012 at 6:30 PM  

they were out of gizzards that night :(

Fashion-isha November 14, 2012 at 10:25 PM  

Nice to find your blog! I'm enjoying reading it and am following. Hope you stop by and say hi!
xo
Sharon

The Bipolar Diva November 14, 2012 at 11:30 PM  

thank you so much! yes, i will stop by!

Rob-bear November 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM  

Drunks are such disgusting people: usually loud and crude. Glad you were able to keep yourself together while he was harassing you.

The Bipolar Diva November 15, 2012 at 10:10 AM  

yes Rob, this guy was pretty disgusting! Thankfully I was saved by a couple of orders of livers!

Claudya Martinez November 16, 2012 at 6:00 PM  

I'm sure his liver is much more disgusting that the livers you bought.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP