Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

The Fall

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

2:30 in the morning is for sleeping, not for lying awake staring at the shadows on the wall and listening to the whir of the fan. But I guess since I was asleep at 7:30 the night before it shouldn't have been too unexpected.

I tried to go back to sleep, I fought with the blankets and the pillows trying to find nirvana but it just wasn't happening. Finally about 3:30 I threw the blankets back and jumped up out of frustration. I don't do mornings, especially in the middle of the night mornings.

What in the hell was I going to do at 3:30 in the morning? I decided to get dressed and go out for breakfast. I felt around in the dark and found a pair of jeans. I pulled them on and searched for a sweatshirt. I found one, grabbed my shoes and purse and was out the door.

When I got down to the garage I noticed I'd parked a little too close to the wall. I tried to wriggle myself in between the front of the car and the wall. It was then the entire morning continued its decent into hell.

I tripped on my shoe and went flying. I tried to stop the fall to no avail. I went out and down hitting the car and my motorcycle on the way down to the concrete. I landed on the garage floor with my left knee and my left arm went straight for the motorcycle.

I couldn't move. I couldn't get up. I couldn't think of anything but the possibility of having a broken leg and a messed up motorcycle. I didn't just hit, I hit hard. It took me forever before I could get the nerve to try to get off the ground and see if I could stand.

When I did get up I was able to stand, although it was a bit difficult to do. My knee was throbbing and my arm had an incredibly sharp pain radiating through it. I thought about going to the hospital and having x-rays but hunger won out.

I hobbled to the car, fell into the driver's seat, crying all the while, and made it to Shari's for a half order of eggs benedict. What I really needed was a couple of vicodin and a bottle of Tequila.

I spent the rest of the day from hell in bed, leg elevated and iced, gobbling ibuprofen and Tylenol and trying to forget how ridiculous I must have looked flying through the air, hitting two vehicles in the process before landing in a rather un-lady like position on the cold concrete floor.

Next time I wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep I think I'll just flip on the TV. 




 

10 comments:

Liz Mays November 27, 2012 at 9:45 PM  

Oh geez, I'm glad it wasn't worse, but yikes!

middle child November 27, 2012 at 11:37 PM  

I know! Eggs Benedict is awesome!!!! Er, no wait...uh, sorry you fell. And if you say it hurts...then I know it was really bad. I hope you are feeling better and if you aren't....get thee to a doctor, stat! Muah.

Outcast November 28, 2012 at 2:28 AM  

I'm so glad to hear that you're okay now even if you did give yourself a rough day afterwards. I wouldn't beat yourself up too much Diva but just be careful next time you're up so early since you'll probably not have your mind focused properly because you're so tired, hopefully you feel better soon because this sounded horrible.

Unknown November 28, 2012 at 3:25 AM  

Ok we are going to have to remove the computer and phone to stop Ambien shopping and now dress you in a padded pajama outfit.. be careful woman you are delicate like a flower. Flowers don't bruise well sweetie..

MarkD60 November 28, 2012 at 4:18 AM  

Or get a bowl of cereal...

Tami November 28, 2012 at 11:18 AM  

Okay, now you have me worried! You recently wrote a post about falling out of bed…. now this!!! Jeez girl, take it easy! :-D

Rob-bear November 28, 2012 at 9:07 PM  

You don't do anything in half measure, do you, Diva?

Condolences on the pain and suffering, which are affecting your body, and your pride.

Unknown November 29, 2012 at 7:57 AM  

Wow! I am glad you are ok Diva. Tv and a pop-tart next time. ;p

Unknown November 29, 2012 at 11:12 AM  

eggs benedict was the meal of the morning on the last blog I read. Seems Middle child and you have the same taste..

I've never had eggs benedict.. I'm thinking I need to find who makes it, and give it a whirl.

and as a far as the fall.. thanks for now messing up the bike.. knees heal... lol

The Bipolar Diva November 29, 2012 at 11:43 AM  

you guys are great. I'm ok, still really sore, especially my knee, but ok none-the-less. Oh, and eggs benedict? The best!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP