Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

Realizations

Friday, September 20, 2013

Today was an amazing day, in almost every way.

But I suddenly realized something this afternoon. It slapped me in the face, so to speak, and I need to decide if it's something I'm willing to accept. Maybe that comes with age, or years of therapy. Doesn't really matter, maybe it just happens.

I'm not speaking of the "in the moment, this minute" picture, I'm speaking of seeing things in more of a "big picture" way, months, years down the road type of scenario.

For me, today, I realized that's what I'm facing. Can I live with this forever, or can I not? No decision needs to be made now, nor do I want one made now. I just have to face what's most probable and decide if it's something that will kill me in the end, or be worth the patience needed, which I know it will be without a doubt.

Logic, to me, is a relativity new concept. Seeing down the road is new to me, maybe because I'm doing better than ever before. I'm beginning to think through things based on logic and not emotion.

Yes, I believe very much in following your dreams, following your heart........but what if your logic is correct and your maybe someday not so much?

Do I protect myself now, or do I chance it?

2 comments:

Kristy September 21, 2013 at 1:49 AM  

I would go with logic it doesn't bite you in the butt as much. I'm terrible for basing decisions on the moment and what makes me feel good. Never really works out in the long term.

Outcast September 21, 2013 at 9:37 AM  

I really do get where you're coming from here with this Diva, I really hope that when you make that decision that it's the right one. Your experiences prove just how strong you are, you just need more self belief I guess to keep fighting.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP