Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

Changes, Curves, And Excitement!

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Ok everyone, let's get down to business! I alluded to some changes coming my way and I can finally say they are coming together!

When our family was, is, in crisis, I found there are lots of groups out there that want to help, but so many just don't have the ability to reach out and make a real difference. I kept thinking there needed to be a cohesive "hub," where people could turn to for information, help, guidance and the like. 

Then I met a wonderful woman, Judy LaParne. She and I hit it off, she had founded exactly what I had been visualizing. After meeting she asked me if I would like to accept a position in an organization she founded to help the biker community. She asked me, get this, if I would consider being the "Social Media Coordinator." Girl knows me and my love of talking and socializing!

So it's official! I am now the Social Media Coordinator for Motorcycle Travel America Foundation!
I'm really excited about the opportunity and ready to get down to business!

I'm getting a new blog set up. When it's ready to roll, I'll post the link and you guys hop over and show your support, and help me look a little bit like I know what I'm doing in this new venture.

We all know motorcyclists, and this foundation is more than just a place for help for injured bikers and their families. It's interactive and way cool!

You can plan and share trips, communicate with friends, buy or sell gear, find biker friendly merchants, organize and promote events and manage your club. Motorcycle Travel America was created as a tool for ALL riders.

You can find events, friends, rides, as well as support our fellow brothers and sisters in times of tragedy.

This is what I REALLY want you to do: like the Facebook page, so Judy knows I'm doing my job, join the official website, it's free, and the more supporters we have, the more likely we are to gain sponsors to fund the help so many people need, but isn't there, and follow us on Twitter @MTAFoundation. Tell them Diva sent you, no, I get no kickback, no money, I just want to give to the community, to help others in need.

Even if you aren't a biker, join, like I said it's free to join and sponsors like to see membership. It's an incredible way to reach out to those that are in real need.

Every rider counts. Every rider has a family. Every rider is someone's child. Show your support, get on board and let's help get this off the ground and make a difference!

You guys can do it, I know you can help make a difference. Come on friends, show your support and let's rock this thing!




 

13 comments:

Cloudia September 17, 2013 at 12:19 AM  

well I only been a licensed biker for 40 years of so, but OK :)




ALOHA from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral
=^..^= <3

Anna Whiston-Donaldson September 17, 2013 at 5:55 AM  

Congrats on your new gig! You will do a marvelous job!

UncleGlen September 17, 2013 at 10:04 AM  

Great news Teri! Congratulations!

Outcast September 17, 2013 at 10:44 AM  

Joining up and getting involved to help you Diva, so pleased about this role, I'm actually nearly shaking with thrill and excitement, this is so awesome for you!

Outcast September 17, 2013 at 10:45 AM  

For some reason something's wrong with the Facebook page Diva? The link at least? It may just be my computer messing me around but just in case it's not linking right or anything I thought I'd tell you.

The Bipolar Diva September 17, 2013 at 12:18 PM  

Yeamie, let me grab another link, thanks for letting me know!!

The Bipolar Diva September 17, 2013 at 12:27 PM  

Yeamie, I think I have it fixed. The URL Was correct, but I had it set to open in another window. Maybe that was it?

The Bipolar Diva September 17, 2013 at 12:30 PM  

Cloudia, We'd love it if you would join the site, it's free and will help immensely getting the numbers up for sponsors to see....plus put on your ultra cool Oahu rides!!

The Bipolar Diva September 17, 2013 at 12:31 PM  

Anna;

It's been a long run with everything here, but I'm SO excited! I hope I do ok, I'm a bit nervous....as if I ever get nervous? lol

The Bipolar Diva September 17, 2013 at 12:31 PM  

Karen; Thank you! I just hope I can meet their expectations!

The Bipolar Diva September 17, 2013 at 12:31 PM  

Glen....join! I know where you live!!

Susie - Walking Butterfly September 17, 2013 at 10:08 PM  

So so perfect for you!! I am so happy to see this. You will do them proud, that's for sure!!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP