Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

Constraints

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Somewhere between consciousness and the darkest shadows of sleep lies a parallel universe where dreams and reality are melded into one. It is a place where we are not bound by earthly constraints and our innermost fears and desires are lived out in the most amazing detail.  We, as well as those that came before us and those who come after us, are free to enter and leave as we wish.

It is to that altered existence I find myself increasingly drawn.  In that ethereal plane most responsibilities and difficulties of life are released and I am free to discover inner most truths and to follow the whims of my heart. These are times I have grown to treasure and my visits to this reality occur with greater frequency. 

Judgment is not passed and assorted relationships can be explored without fear of discovery or retribution.  It is during these precious few hours that those connections that have been severed can once again be enjoyed. And those that have yet to form are brought to fruition.

After hours of indulgence I find myself reluctantly being pulled back to the bonds of this terrestrial plane. I am left with only vivid memories and cannot help but wonder about the authenticity of these times and if I alone participated.

13 comments:

Cloudia January 3, 2012 at 11:13 PM  

Enjoy-
return-
repeat-

many times-
then: back home.



Aloha from Waikiki
Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

><}}(°>

MarkD60 January 4, 2012 at 4:26 AM  

I am fascinated by the subconscious, sleep and dreams.
My theory is that you only remember a dream if you you wake up before it is over. BUT there is a rare zone where you are aware of your external surroundings and of what you are dreaming too.

Just Two Chicks January 4, 2012 at 5:40 AM  

I can't even remember what it's like... to sleep, and dream that is. I've been having major sleepless nights these past few months. So enjoy your dreams and visit as often as possible :)

Outcast January 4, 2012 at 6:29 AM  

I love this post, if only because of some strange reason I do feel like I can relate to it which is weird. Excellent writing regardless.

Haven January 4, 2012 at 6:57 AM  

I love this place. I would lose myself in dreams all the more often if only I could.

Claudya Martinez January 4, 2012 at 1:05 PM  

I'll meet you there. Happy New Year!

highheeledlife January 4, 2012 at 3:24 PM  

Oh my friend, I can tell you , you were in a magical and definitely a very REAL, part of living ~ that we as humans, consumed by all things material loose the ability to explore. Treasure these moments and if you do remember anything from your journey ...keep a small book on your night stand and write what you remember. Often some of the answers we seek are given to us at these times, though we tend to wave them off as "dreams" and pay little attention to them.

I would say you are much stronger than you think/feel.. many blessings!! xo HHL

myinnerchick.com January 4, 2012 at 7:57 PM  

--Diva,
You participated...because you living, breathing, loving, & writing.

I hear your heart beating...

Xx Love

Christy January 4, 2012 at 8:23 PM  

Sometimes that is the only safe place we can find. I love this post!

joanne January 4, 2012 at 9:37 PM  

fascinating and mesmerizing this place of which you speak...sounds divine. don't resist...

middle child January 4, 2012 at 10:57 PM  

Now I lay me down to sleep....and often fall right back into the dream from the previous night. The feeling comes back to me even as I have yet to totally doze off. It is like returning to a movie that was paused the night before. It feels warm and good. In part, it could be because we can participate without having to do or be reponsible for anything.
Ni-nite Sweetie.

Tami January 5, 2012 at 4:44 AM  

For awhile I was having trouble sleeping and all I could hear was my thoughts going off in 10 different directions. It was awful! My dr. took me off one of the anti-depressants I was on and now I am sleeping much better. I missed my dreams and the deep sleep.

Danielle January 13, 2012 at 9:11 AM  

Gah! You are so talented. Somehow you elevate everyday, mundance happenings into a work of art. Woot!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP