Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

Ambien Hangover

Monday, January 23, 2012

Have you ever had one of those days when you couldn't get motivated and just wanted to go back to bed for a week or three? Well hello to today.


I ended up taking my meds way too late last night and feel like I'm dying here! Plus the new bed is so plush and comfy I just wanted to turn over, pull the covers over my head and take yet another ambien.That coupled with a new change in my medications is killing me today.


I'm sitting in Starbucks, as usual, reading blogs and I came across a new one called"Confessions From An Impulsive Addict." I loved her title so I had to check her out. She had a few questions on there and since my brain is in "no go" mode I thought I'd do them, like you don't already know everything about me. But, as I've said before, this is my blog and I can do what I want. So here goes. I'll see if I can even remotely entertain you. sigh, shrugs, and give me a little sympathy here. 



How I named my blog
Well, that's kind of obvious to everyone that knows me and, but I did do a post defending the "diva" part a couple of days ago. But if you don't know me, the title says it all. "Bipolar," and a tad, well a whole lot, spoiled, hence Diva.

What my least favorite exercise is.
That would be the exercise of putting my credit card back in my wallet. But if you're talking gym, that would have to be anything that requires me to use a piece of sweaty equipment.

What would my last meal be if I were on death row?
I really don't see the point in a last meal for those on death row. Plus I'd never make it to death row, John Walsh would never find me.


11 Random Questions




1. What's your most embarrassing moment?
I've yet to write about that, but I shall in a day or two. That is IF I can get the nerve up.

2. Why do you live in your current city?
We were transferred here by a rather unscrupulous company. It was the only time my husband has worked for someone other than himself in years and proved to be a great learning experience as well as a nightmare. As for living in the PNW from Texas, we were following work and wanted a new lease on life, a totally selfish and a not very well thought out, move on our part. Even though we adopted six great kids here, we destroyed many lives as well. But now that I have all these great kids I wouldn't change it.

3. Did you/Will you have sex on your wedding night?
That was 24 years ago, I don't think I can remember, plus it's a little foggy due to an abundance of champagne. 

4. What is one household appliance you can't live without? the minions are about the only ones that know how to use the appliances in my house. I guess for me it would have to be my blow dryer and straightener.

5. It's your birthday dinner and you can order whatever you want. What is it?
anything that allows me to enjoy the carnivore in me, oh, and creme brulee

6. Have you ever enjoyed a Captain and Diet Coke?
Never have

7. I should give up ______but I just can't do it yet.
Buying shoes and lingerie. Won't happen, never will. Now that my 18 year old is out I'm thinking knocking out the wall between my closet and his room to make a brand new, huge closet!

8. Approximately how many pairs of shoes do you own?
probably over 100 or so, and I just got rid of a ton!

9. Have you ever sucked a toe?
All the time. I have grand kids and it makes them laugh. They laugh, I laugh.

10. Do you have a secret talent?
If I do it's a secret to me. 

11. Are you really answering these silly questions?
Of course, they're getting me out of my funk, these and a few shots of espresso. 






Ok now off to the mall in search of black matte nail polish and considering actually writing about my most embarrassing moment. I think it was "Two Chicks and Their Peeps," I told it too already?






21 comments:

Furry Bottoms January 23, 2012 at 11:56 AM  

I L.O.V.E you!!! You never ever disappoint!!! I might answer these questions myself on my blog. It is good fodder. I'm lacking in that area!!

Outcast January 23, 2012 at 11:57 AM  

Sorry to hear you've been feeling bad on this new medication, here's hoping you adjust to it quickly. I know that feeling of just wanting to lie in bed all too well, interesting answers too.

Furry Bottoms January 23, 2012 at 11:58 AM  

By the way, you know what Ambien does to me while I'm riding it. Now, what it does to me AFTERWARDS... as you said, like a hangover... is it truly and honestly makes me stupid. I really am stupid the day after. I make mistakes I don't normally do... I don't remember shit... its a train wreck.

Nolie January 23, 2012 at 12:16 PM  

Stop being a chicken and write the post already. My favorite household appliance... the coffee maker.

tam January 23, 2012 at 12:17 PM  

Oh my.......I just found you and I am here to declare you my new best friend. Nice to meet you. Haha

Liz Mays January 23, 2012 at 12:20 PM  

Rum and diet is my favorite drink when I'm out!

I can't believe you have that many pairs of shoes!

Can't wait to hear your embarrassing story. :)

Candace January 23, 2012 at 1:36 PM  

Am I the only person who caught the line about "destroying many lives as well"? You always make me want to know more. I love that you managed to climb out of that comfy bed. I totally wouldn't have. You're a better person then i.

Impulsive Addict January 23, 2012 at 1:48 PM  

Well hello my new friend! Impulsive/Compulsive...whatever! I'm glad you linked me up! I feel all kinds of famous right now!

I'm sorry you're in a funk. I took 1/2 of an Ambian one night (thanks to my mom) because I don't sleep. That ambian had me seeing things that weren't really there a minute after taking it. It freaked me out. That was enough for me.

Ok, so let's first address the captain and diet question. YOU MUST TRY THIS. It is delish. You can thank me later. He is my favorite male (besides hubby).

Dude...that's a lot of shoes. I'm not sure how your closet is hosting 100+ pairs.

You are so cute. I'm glad we found each other. Don't forget to visit me again!

xoxo

Susie - Walking Butterfly January 23, 2012 at 3:54 PM  

Yep, I've had those days and my addiction is blogging and FB when I really SHOULD be doing other things, but since I promised never to SHOULD on myself again, here I am!

Rob-bear January 23, 2012 at 4:12 PM  

Want to go back to bed and not get up for a week or three? That's me. And my medications. And my increasing pain. My bed isn't new or fluffy, but I can happily crawl back in at any time. I did today (thought after lunch I did get dressed and walk to the local coffee shop).

I guess some of us are getting to know you pretty well, and some could have answered the questions for you. But I'd rather read your answers than write them.

Be cool but stay warm, eh.

Anonymous,  January 23, 2012 at 4:23 PM  

Yes, I've had those days.
Thanks for the reminder though.
~Mary

Unknown January 23, 2012 at 7:44 PM  

Wait you follow me and haven't met IA?? Seriously?? I have failed as a good blogger.. sighs. I did this today too.. I love IA and she and another blogger host a meme on Tuesday with no rules you just write.. period. Cool huh.. My mom was on Ambien once we had LOTS of fun stories about her on that stuff.. like chasing chicken in her sleep to comb out the tail feathers, complete with comb in hand. yeah... that's my family I am so proud.

Tere January 24, 2012 at 6:37 AM  

You've been awarded the versatile blogger award by Yep, this is my life... Wanna trade?

Please stop by and check it out!

http://mylife-wannatrade.blogspot.com/2012/01/i-won-versatile-blogger-award.html

Tami January 24, 2012 at 8:43 AM  

You are definitely a Diva if you have 100 pairs of shoes. I can understand why you need a bigger closet! haha!

I hope you medicine adjusts quickly and you feel better. That is always the worst part of a new medication. I was taken off Wellbutrin and my Lamictal was increased. I felt CRAZY for a few days, but now I am a better ME! :)

Christy January 24, 2012 at 9:32 AM  

I love your answers. And I understand the Ambien issue. I've taken it too late then I've been worthless the next day. Aren't we old enough to know better? Oh who wants to follow the rules?

Just Two Chicks January 24, 2012 at 6:12 PM  

I think you should totally do it, because I have to tell you, I literally laughed out loud when you told me. I also now have major panic attacks when I go annnnnywhere, and will now need Xanax myself! Eh, who am I fooling, I was already needing Xanax!!

I'm going to do these questions too, if that's okay with you. I love this tuff, and hadn't done them in awhile! Although my answers won't be as exciting as yours. I swear, the girl was driving me to the store earlier (she's learning how to drive), and I was sitting in the passenger seat with my purse in my lap looking out the window like a little old lady!! I need some excitement!! SO, I'm going to do your questions now!! :)

PrettyInPink809 January 26, 2012 at 12:36 PM  

I can relate 110% ! I decided to make a blog about being Bipolar today and wanted to check out some others, and I came across yours. I love it!

Feel free to follow me back :)

Rachel Cotterill January 27, 2012 at 11:55 AM  

I totally wanted to stay in bed this morning! But I'm quite glad I didn't, in the end, because I made some good progress on my research :)

Kim @ This Belle Rocks January 27, 2012 at 3:26 PM  

Hello! New reader here. I should find blogs with questions like these to answer, since I lack blog matter here lately. Love your blog!

Kim @ This Belle Rocks January 27, 2012 at 3:27 PM  

Not sure if my previous comment went through or not, but to add to it: This entire MONTH has been one where I wanted to just stay in bed and never wake up! Spring needs to get here already.

Impulsive Addict January 30, 2012 at 7:37 PM  

Where are you??? I'm missing reading you my new friend!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP