Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

Taboo!

Monday, October 24, 2011

Damn it! Wouldn't you know it? I had taken my night time meds, turned out the lights and proceeded to try to sleep. I kept having these flashes in my mind about a blog post.

So I turn on the lights, fumble around for my glasses, grab up the Mac and begin to type. But here's the catch. I can't freaking remember what I was going to write about, but it was great. It was probably one of the most amazing posts EVER typed by human hands, or maybe it was an hallucination from the ambien. I choose to believe the former. 

But it's vanished. So I think what I'll do is write about a couple things a bit taboo, things you should never (business 101) discuss in business relationships or casual company. Politics and religion.

Oh freaking great! I heard people click out already and I've not even posted yet. Bunch of freaking cowards!

There are a couple of things that get me on these topics.

  • First, I have my opinions, very strong opinions, and they're not likely to change. You have yours. There's nothing written in stone that says that your opinions trump mine or that mine trump yours. N.O.T.H.I.N.G. (although deep down inside you know I'm right) Come on people, that was a pun! You know you want to laugh.
  • I'm not going to try to persuade you to "come to the other side." That's not my place. And it's not your place to persuade me to come to your side. But what we can do is have civil discussions about our differences and you know what? They may end up looking a lot alike. It's ok, you CAN talk to the "other side," you CAN be friends and disagree. Oh, I can tell you why I think you're wrong, and you can tell me why you think I'm wrong and after go out for pizza and beer. IT'S OK!
  • I get tired of all of the "oh God, she's a republican business owner AND she owns guns! She must be an intolerant, unaccepting, environment hating, homophobe, asshole. Wrong. On. All. Counts. Ok, so sometimes I like to piss off liberals, I admit it.
  • I love the country I live in and who in the hell thinks Republicans don't want clean water and air for our children and grand children? If you do think that then you need to stop drinkin' the kool aid.
  • I love my gay cousin, nephew and friends and want them to experience every joy I have. 
  •  It's not for me to pass judgement. 
  • I think government should have very little to do with our lives, that we, as a people are smart enough to take care of ourselves. 
"I think we have more machinery of government than is
necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the
industrious." --Thomas Jefferson

  • I'm also for legalizing prostitution and illegal drugs. Tax them, regulate them. Come on, you know they're never going away, might as well not let them control us. We should control them. 
  • Not only can we gain revenue from the activities, it could stop a myriad of other problems. If you want to shoot up all day, not my concern but don't ask me to pay for your healthcare if you choose to do so. 
  • People kill themselves with alcohol and cigarettes every day. What in the hell is a pot smoker gonna do? Usually not get behind the wheel of a car after several drinks and kill someone. Probably more likely to sit on the couch and murder a bag of potato chips.
  •  Now on to abortion. Do I think abortion is murder? Yes, I do. However, it's my belief that those babies go right back to the God that created them. It's not my place to be judgemental, especially when I was one of "those" girls. Basic facts on that are: 16, date rape, parental demand. It's left a life long scar and lot's of sorrow to deal with.
  • I also have a hard  time with a little word that does a lot of harm called "religion." You see, religion is not faith in God, it's a belief system. In religion you can worship anything you want: money, trees, the Earth, yourself, hell, bow down to a box of Count Chocula....that's all religion, as is atheism.  "Religion" is a personal set or institutionalized system of attitudes, beliefs, and practices.
  • Usually Christians use that term to mean people that are bound by the legalities of their denomination, their church, or their pastor. Religion, in my belief, is anything that interferes with a relationship of faith. Religion can be cult like with members having to "ask permission" to do certain things, having to answer to the elders that be or face damnation. Religion will destroy any ounce of faith that you may have.
  • People, stop putting each other in these neat little boxes. We just don't fit. 
  • And please, don't call me liberal in order to piss me off. I'm just Teri

30 comments:

Anonymous,  October 24, 2011 at 4:48 PM  

T- you are one hell of an amazing woman. I'm not going to call you a liberal, nor a conservative. i'll just give you mad respect for being who you are and that's good enough for me, and i believe the world is a better place with your big heart in it.

Unknown October 24, 2011 at 4:49 PM  

*stands up and applauds. I so hope I didn't offend you inviting you to watch woman thou art loosed and If i did I am so sorry no offense was meant at all. I just know sometimes I need to get into some serious Holy Ghost filled word and spend some time talking to God.
do I believe abortion is wrong yep, do I bash someone who made that choice absolutely not. My sister had 3 and pays for it every day of her life, every day. Have you ever seen a preacher names Jesse Duplantis?? You should look him up on Youtube and find his sermon called Close Encounters of the God Kind. He talks about the trip he made to heaven and seeing the babies there. The fact that they went right back to God and their mother was still their mother in heaven. They held no malice towards her or angry feling because they were living being raised in the oracles and love of God. I do believe that women who have abortions have issues with God , like my sister. Not because God is beating them over the head for their choice but because they are self beating and since they have issues forgiving themselves regardless of the circumstances, they have a hard time believing God already did.
Have I told you I LOOOOOOVEEEEEE YOUUUUUUU

MichaelHarley October 24, 2011 at 5:10 PM  

I just murdered a bag of potato chips reading this. :-P

The Bipolar Diva October 24, 2011 at 5:10 PM  

Angel, we're on the same track woman!

The Bipolar Diva October 24, 2011 at 5:18 PM  

Michael....lol....hope they were delish!

Christy October 24, 2011 at 5:51 PM  

You go girl! I just wish other people thought the same thing. No one fits in a box. We are all multidimensional and everyone should accept that. What's wrong with them?

You are just awesome the way you are. Don't ever change!

The Bipolar Diva October 24, 2011 at 6:28 PM  

Thanks Christy. Oh I can get all worked up about political ideals and beliefs as well as "religious" ones, but at the end of the day do relationships need to be formed or severed because of opinion?

But then again you should see me scream at the TV sometimes! But hey, at lest I'm alone!

My Mercurial Nature October 24, 2011 at 7:43 PM  

I hate being painted into a corner! My beliefs, or lack thereof, don't define me (just as my illness doesn't).

Nolie October 24, 2011 at 7:58 PM  

Hey there liberal, how goes it. hehe you love me. Oh and you are right. Seriously legalize prostitution and then there can be mandatory testing and controlled situations so less murder and abuse of them. Tax the shit out of drugs. You know how much money the government could make off a pack of joints. And yes this is from a woman who does not touch drugs.

middle child October 24, 2011 at 8:07 PM  

Diva, you are all good things. I seem to be not only reading the same book but am also on the same page! Two differences for me....Abortion is wrong but I wouldn't treat someone who has one any differently. I would pray and be sad. Also, I am not religious, I am a Chistian. Any church that feeds my soul and is Bible based is for me. I do not judge others but do pray for them.

The Bipolar Diva October 24, 2011 at 8:38 PM  

Yes, Nolie, I love you. I don't do drugs either, but hell, like you said "tax the shit out of them!"

Anonymous,  October 24, 2011 at 8:38 PM  

I come from an ethnicity that loves to "discuss loudly" matters of politics and religion. The more opinions, the merrier. What fun would the world be if we all nodded in polite agreement? We could very well disagree and do so with passion, but the love and trust was always there behind it all - so you're right, you can go have a slice of pizza and a beer and know you've got each other's back when it's all said and done.

The Bipolar Diva October 24, 2011 at 8:40 PM  

Middle Child

yes, I too, believe abortion is wrong, but I feel it is the women that suffer while the babes are placed back in His arms. I'm a christian too, but "religion," aint't gonna do it!

joanne October 24, 2011 at 9:05 PM  

not putting you in any box..just glad you are here. Now get some sleep!

The Bipolar Diva October 24, 2011 at 9:46 PM  

Oh girl, I need to get some sleep! It seems I've done nothing but read about colonial history for years!

MarkD60 October 25, 2011 at 6:27 AM  

I know the feeling of having a great post and forgetting it as soon as you sit on front of the computer. The same thing happens to me too, and when I go to the DVD store and forget the entire long mental list of DVDs I wanted to rent.

I feel the same way about most of your opinions, especially about drugs and prostitution. Alcohol and tobacco are far worse than any illegal drug. Marijuana is safer than peanut butter!

cj Schlottman October 25, 2011 at 12:18 PM  

Well said, my friend. I so agree with the idea of legalizing drugs and prostitution. If we taxed those things, maybe we could actually take care of our own problems here in the US while trying to mind the business of every other country in the world.

Also, I share your thoughts about the exchange of ideas being just that - an exchange. Not a fight, not judgement, not being an ass-hole - just a civil exchange


Namaste.........cj

Saracide October 25, 2011 at 4:41 PM  

I love this! And I love you for writing it :)

Tere October 25, 2011 at 7:23 PM  

Wow... you definitely have something to speak about. Might as well speak your mind.

Thank you...
Tere

Tere October 25, 2011 at 7:25 PM  

Awesome post. You speak your mind and follow your beliefs.

Wow.

Good job!

Gucci Mama October 25, 2011 at 9:37 PM  

I just fall more and more in love with you all the time!

Snowbrush October 27, 2011 at 10:00 PM  

Ah, the Mighty Diva holds forth with passion. I love it. Just try writing a bland post, Diva. See, you can't do it. There's too much fire in that soul of yours.

What is it about those Ambien? They're still working for you that well--wow! I take one or two a week, but other things put me out faster and keep me out longer. I feel so polluted though, what with all the drugs--and the combinations of drugs, that I take.

I wonder how many other bloggers get up to write. I know I do.

The Bipolar Diva October 27, 2011 at 10:10 PM  

Oh Snow, passion? sometimes I guess. fire? all the time ;)
Ambien? I quit taking it for several months and ended up stacking meds to sleep. Finally my tolerance to ambien wore off and I'm taking it again.
I like it, but do you know that it only works for two hours? I'm going to try to get ambien CR tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Snowbrush October 30, 2011 at 11:29 AM  

Ambien keeps me out for three or four hours if I'm not in too much pain. Dalmane Restoril, and Lunesta last longer, but all of those bills stop working after awhile, leaving you worse off than you were. The best pill I have for sleep is Neurontin, but, like the others, you have to take ever higher doses to get the same effect.

Anonymous,  November 5, 2011 at 10:26 AM  

Amen to all! Loving your blog already. Glad to have found you.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP