Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

I Think It's Funny When....Yeah Another One Because I Screwed Up The Pictures

Saturday, October 15, 2011

I think it's funny when I meet someone for the first time when I'm in my "Happy Valley Mom" mode and there are the usual pleasantries and obligatory small talk of a first meeting.

I always know their faces would betray them. You know those smiles, the ones that are oddly frozen in disbelief while trying to maintain a since of calm? I chuckle a little when I imagine their reaction(s) should they one day see my shattered image.

You know, the one that kicks back with my biker buddies in a dive bar drinking a beer instead of a Cosmo, or some such acceptable drink.

You all know of my dual personalities, the ones of you that have access to my other blog know the third personality that resides within this soul.

But these people I meet for the first time would never, ever suspect that I have a 3/4 back tattoo, a Harley sitting in my garage, a closet full of leather garb and the tendency to want to belong more to the "other" world than the one I currently live in.

Although I don't want to give up my house, my Mercedes, my jewelry....I guess that's my shallow side. It's all a facade. What I'd really rather be in is tight jeans, my fringed chaps, backless, a leather halter, tattoo showing top and motorcycle boots.

I sit back and I smile. I think "If you only knew."

The Facade








The Other Side












16 comments:

Prettypics123 October 15, 2011 at 6:52 PM  

You are one complex woman Bipolar Diva!

Unknown October 15, 2011 at 7:43 PM  

Truth is I think you rock both sides and I know tons of bikers. They are some of the best people you will ever meet, society opinions be dipped.

Classic NYer October 15, 2011 at 8:50 PM  

Maybe it's because I kind of know you, or maybe it's because I've never lived in Happy Valley, but your two sides (especially as depicted here) look strikingly similar to me. I don't differentiate: you're a bad-ass diva, and on the other hand you're a bad-ass diva.

My Mercurial Nature October 15, 2011 at 9:32 PM  

Yup, a few socialites would need their mouths closed before the flies fly in...but they'd be jealous (deep inside). You go! (I'm jealous...and not far away!)

Rob-bear October 15, 2011 at 10:57 PM  

Ah, yes; the multiple sides of a different Diva.
As in most Divas don't wear motorcycle boots. They could if they wanted to, but they don't. On the other side, you do. Which probably makes them jealous. Or something.
Come to think of it, if I were meeting you for the first time, I would expect you to be riding a Harley and wearing Biker Boots. Anything less would be truly disappointing.

The Bipolar Diva October 15, 2011 at 11:54 PM  

Maybe my black nail polish betrays me? Oh, and as for the boots, they have to be really, really cute Harley boots!

Unknown October 16, 2011 at 12:19 AM  

I think it's perfectly ok to have more than one side! People are not simple, they have many layers. =) Not just people who have bi-polar, either! Though what would I know, I do have it, hahah.

Rob-bear October 16, 2011 at 6:23 AM  

"Really, really cute Harley boots" seems strange. "Cute" and "Harley boots" just doesn't quite fit, somehow. "Rugged" and "Harley boots" appears to be the more logical combination.
Just "Diva-esque" I guess. If it works for you, go for it! Along with the black nail polish.
Besides, what does a Bear know about anything?

Christy October 16, 2011 at 8:02 AM  

I just think of you as a well-rounded human being. It's better than being fake right?

myinnerchick.com October 16, 2011 at 8:22 AM  

---Diva,
I LOVE both sides. This is what makes you incredibly interesting.

--One side in fur...
--The other side in leather.

Love Love Love. X

Pat October 16, 2011 at 1:16 PM  

Hey - if you've got it, flaunt it, as the saying goes....I wish I HAD it, but unfortunately "IT" left a long time ago. So now I'm living vicariously through you, baby!

highheeledlife October 16, 2011 at 5:55 PM  

You have your cake and champagne and are able to eat and drink them too!! YAY!! ... you are probably more true to yourself than the other happy Valley "ladies".

I recall the days of equally being comfortable in high heels, suits, or ball gowns as when I was wearing jeans and a T-shirt. Often bringing these two sets [of very different] of friends together at BBQs or dinner parties at my home. I admire you for living life to the fullest!

Keep on baking and riding!!! wishing you a fabulous week, xo HHL

Anonymous,  October 16, 2011 at 7:25 PM  

ain't nothin' wrong with your other side, girl. roll with it. xo.

Impulsive Addict October 17, 2011 at 11:43 AM  

I feel like I've been to your page before but I can't remember. All I know is that my dad (a Harley guy) would LOVE you. But he's married to my mom so of course he would love you only in the platonic sense. Anyway, I loved seeing both sides to you. I'm super intrigued by your third side!

Candace October 17, 2011 at 4:18 PM  

if you only knew............the crazy things the happy valley moms do to stay happy! I imagine swingers parties and cocaine usage on long holiday weekends.

You look great on your bike. Why stay so fit if you're just going to be BORING?! Nope, be hot and carve turkey in stilletos. That, and therapy, keep our husbands from fucking fresh "meat".

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP