Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

It's Boring, I Know

Thursday, October 13, 2011

I have nothing of substance here today. Not. A. Damn. Thing. You know why that is? Do you care? Well, I'm going to tell you anyway.

I'm overloaded. I know, I know, how can I be overloaded? I mean I still have six and a half kids at home, a daughter constantly in and out of the ER, I'm in the middle of transitioning from one assistant to another, I'm in a business that is so up and down it's a constant source of stress, I happen to have Bipolar Disorder and my third psychiatrist in one year has closed her practice (thank you Senator from Illinois).

No, forget all that shit. It's my daily life, that's what Valium is for. I'm overloaded because I started back to school to work on finishing my Political Science degree. I took a full load this semester and after reading every syllabus I realized that I couldn't do it all.



I dropped everything but Algebra and American History. I NEED the algebra and I LOVE history. That being said, the overwhelming shit comes with the history class.

The Prof. has us reading a TON of crapola about The Shawnee Tribe, Puritans and slavery. I don't mean just a few readings, you know, what you would expect for a 4 credit class, he has us reading enough for a 12 credit class. EFF me! AND it's all written in early American English.



Holy shit! I have teenagers. I'm used to things like texting, "ya know," "my bad," and a shit load of freaking medical terms learned from years of having a kid in the damn emergency room for years on end, a very sick baby and a kid that was hit by a car.

I'm having a really hard time reading the constant "thee, thou, doest," and all that shit. Then I'm supposed to tie it together somehow? I see my 4.0 GPA in free fall motion.

Doesn't he (the history master) know I need to shop, I need to shoot and I need to ride my motorcycle? Doesn't he know that I have blogs to read and posts to write? Doesn't he know that I was in a Bipolar moment when I thought I could do it all?

I guess the real question should be "What in the hell was I thinking?"

12 comments:

Furry Bottoms October 13, 2011 at 12:18 PM  

Yes, it does sound like a whole lot. BUT YOU CAN DO IT!!! I cannot stand the old english either... it just annoys the crap out of me. But think on this... get this one DONE so you don't have to worry about it next semester, yes?

My Mercurial Nature October 13, 2011 at 1:17 PM  

You're freakin' me out here! In a rush of, "Hey, being laid off means it's a perfect time to go back to school!" ....all of which sounded like the BEST idea ever known to man. I haven't started back yet, and lord knows I won't be taking algebra, and I can only hope I don't need a med change, but I hope I don't regret this awesome idea! All of this to say, You can do it! You're a diva!!

Jacky aka Queenijax October 13, 2011 at 1:26 PM  

still love reading you when you're overloaded... remember to breathe, ativan and valium are your friends, take a break, replace thy with they're or your, thee with you, ye with you, thou with you..lol..

Dazee Dreamer October 13, 2011 at 4:53 PM  

omg woman. what were you thinking. that class would be the end of me. I can't even get through the bible because they don't talk "my language". :)

Bring Pretty Back October 13, 2011 at 5:37 PM  

That is alot on your plate. What is your reason for going back to school? THAT , is the resson you can do it.
Keep strong -
Kristin

Rob-bear October 13, 2011 at 8:06 PM  

Sorry you bit off a slice more than you could chew.
Glad to know you're getting your life back into shape by cutting down things you can leave to another time. Smart move! Diva move, even!
And thou art not letting thy studies interfere with thy life. Thou shouldst live that way; methinks tis thy life pattern. Historically. Hysterically?

The Bipolar Diva October 13, 2011 at 9:47 PM  

Oh guys, I think I've pretty much sealed my fate. UGH....now on to homework.

MarkD60 October 14, 2011 at 5:58 AM  

When I get overloaded, I try to break life down to small sections, first I just try to make it till lunch, then after lunch I try to make it to the end of work, then the end of the day.
Maybe you can take a 5 minute break each hour and just make it from break to break.

Tere October 14, 2011 at 6:24 AM  

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS POST!!! You have such a way with words. Have a good day!!!!

Candace October 17, 2011 at 4:21 PM  

Isn't it cute how the valium tablets have little hearts cut into them!?!? How freakin' adorable.

Yes, I know they could also be the letter v, but um...you and i know that its not.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP