Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

Republicans Recycle?

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Just because I'm Republican doesn't mean I don't believe in recycling. I do. As a matter of fact I've done so tonight with this post. Being on a motorcycle for three days and coming home to problem after problem has left me totally burned out. 

So here's a post from last year. I kind of wish it had been from tonight, the quiet kid part anyway.  


It was really, I mean really, quiet around our house tonight. There was no arguing, no screaming, no dogs yelping. I heard no crying or anything being thrown. Something had to be up. This just doesn't happen in our house.


Most days I feel like this. Even though I'm a stay at home mom and my kids have never been to daycare.

 






I was beginning to think that I'd taken one too many Xanex. I crept into the living room not really knowing what to expect. Had the dogs taken revenge? Had the kids locked themselves out on the deck again? Had they all eaten that chicken that's been in the fridge for the last, um, several weeks?
This is what I found:


Ok, there's two.

and another


one more


Jake makes five.


Anna-Grace makes six.

They were in the living room within 15 feet of each other. All were there but Michael who was down in his room doing homework, or what he said was home work. No one was making a sound. I'm grabbing my calendar, this is never going to happen again! Oh wait! I need my iPhone to document this once in a lifetime occasion!

Jeff wasn't too happy though. He was a little more than irritated that every child was on some sort electronic device, even the baby. He gave them the "when I was a kid I was never in the house" lecture.

 

They looked at me and I gave then the "just roll with it" look. They looked out of the window at the hail coming down and the rain blowing sideways then all 12 eyes were back on their still lecturing father. They knew better than to say a word. They let him finish his rant, said the obligatory "yes sir" and went back to being OUIET!

I know he has a point. But there are days that I only want quiet! I don't care if comes from a roll of duct tape or an iPhone.



There are times around our home when iPods and kids mean a sane mom, and a sane mom doesn't happen everyday.

9 comments:

Carrie July 4, 2011 at 6:32 AM  

ohhh that's how I get silence in my house too!!!! <3

myinnerchick.com July 4, 2011 at 6:55 AM  

~Hi Teri,
I loooooooooooooooooove Technology :) Love love love it.

Susie - Walking Butterfly July 4, 2011 at 9:36 AM  

I recall this from it's original post and love it still! Yay for electronics!! Have a good Fourth my dear. (Yikes, that "my dear" really made me sound like an old auntie!)

Just miss c July 4, 2011 at 12:52 PM  

I love this post! It's so funny/cute how they where all on the phone at the same time. Especially the baby.

Holly July 4, 2011 at 6:45 PM  

AWESOME!! HEY! It's a sign of the times... ;p

I also find my IPOD with the good earphones really helpful in drowning out the chaos of the family when I just don't have it in me to deal with one more thing. Hehehe.... ((HUGS))

Babes Mami July 4, 2011 at 8:35 PM  

I keep Nate happy and quiet with his cell phone, he's two and has one, or the nook or the ipod. We had a power outage tonight and we were both bored quickly because we couldn't even play music!

Pheromone Girl July 5, 2011 at 8:47 AM  

Lovely - my children hardly ever come downstairs anymore, they're too busy killing zombies or posting artwork for sale on Etsy, most days. I'm actually pleased to see them - who would have thought???

Cheeseboy July 5, 2011 at 2:24 PM  

Sometimes, I'll take electronics over screaming in a heartbeat.

The Bipolar Diva July 5, 2011 at 3:00 PM  

Pheromone Girl;

There are just those days when I need them to be quiet! I do have one that hides in his room and I wish he'd come out more.

Cheeseboy, isn't that the truth?

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP