Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

Yes, The Story Is Coming

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Kind of had to step out of my world and into an unknown universe. So much to learn, so much to do, and so far to go.

Short update, promise to post an account of what happened, what's broken, how life has changed for the time being, and foreseeable future.

But, for the last few days, I've been exhausted, fueled only by coffee a little Moscato, a few bites of Brie, a little more wine, and the kindness of friends. Not to mention very little sleep. Yeah, and, a Valium or three.

I will tell the story, but tonight am just too tired. Thanks for hanging in with me and for your encouragement, it's helped me put one foot in front of the other, take one step at a time, breathe one breath at a time.

Good news, hospital equipment delivered today, Jeff is home and doctors we trust have his images and all written records.

Long day tomorrow as well. But here's a pic of two very happy souls. Now they both have what they want, what they need, each other. Dogs are great therapy, and Martini will lead the way for Jeff, bring him friendship when he's alone in his hospital bed confined to the office.

I have awesome friends, neighbors and family. Work, well that's the scary part. Money, even more scary, I have no idea how bills will be paid, or groceries bought.  But I know somehow we will make it and be able to look back and say, "We survived yet another tragedy and came out all the better."

Celebrate life. Celebrate faith. Celebrate friends and family. Celebrate Life Flight. Just celebrate, be thankful and take life one step at a time. Remember, it could always be worse.



 

11 comments:

Unknown May 1, 2013 at 6:29 AM  

It old you before darling God has got this.. leave it in His very capable hands. I am so glad JEff is home, much better for all of you not just him and the dog. Hoping that maybe it was not as bad as they first thought. Sending prayers and love to all of you.

Furry Bottoms May 1, 2013 at 7:25 AM  

It really touched my heart, about Martini. They are the BEST medicine for the soul.

Pat May 1, 2013 at 8:37 AM  

I had to read the past couple of posts to find out what was going on....I've been behind in reading blogs.

So sorry to hear about Jeff's accident, but the good thing is this....he is ALIVE! He will heal. I hope his recovery goes well.

Do not worry about the bills; they have a way of working out. Many hospitals and doctors can lower their bills if there is a hardship. OR you call each doctor/hospital involved and tell then what you can afford to pay - whether it's $10 or $25 a month. They can NOT deny you that.

Good luck to both of you, AND the rest of your family.

Outcast May 1, 2013 at 8:53 AM  

I'm really pleased to hear that Jeff is home but depressed about the fact that things have changed and that you're going through so much stress. Just keep on going on with what you're doing Diva, we're all behind you, there's no need to rush updates, so long as things improve.

Susie - Walking Butterfly May 1, 2013 at 10:17 AM  

Yay You for responding to serious hardship with grace and gratitude! Some days, some hours you will not feel that way, but you are stronger than you know and you have a great network around you. Will keep praying for accelerated healing.
Susie

Jessica Warrick May 1, 2013 at 10:34 AM  

praying for you and Jeff hope everything gets better soon and everything heals properly.

Rob-bear May 1, 2013 at 10:41 AM  

Home already? "Hmmmm," said the Bear, not sure of what's really going on. That's an extremely early discharge, for what I thought you said he had wrong with him. Strange; very strange.

Well, he's home. Next task is for you to get some rest (ARE YOU LISTENING — IF YOU'RE GOING TO HELP, YOU NEED REST!). He cannot be awake all the time; he sleeps = you sleep, or rest.

Blessings and Bear hugs to all of you! We're here for you, as much as we can be.

The Queen May 1, 2013 at 3:50 PM  

Just remember there are those that have nothing, then have something like this happen. Except it doesn't have the good ending and they don't own anything so they aren't worried about groceries, they are worried about a funeral.

You can do this girl. You've have been given the strength, the background and the assets to get through this.

I have total faith in you.

The Bipolar Diva May 1, 2013 at 9:43 PM  

Rob, had he been in a, uh, well how should I out this? A place that did the bast for their patients, he would have never been released. I was in the middle of having him transferred to another hospital and when I told him, I think he was sick of what had been happening, more to the point, not happening, that he said in his "I will get my way" voice. I just said yes sir. had hospital equip delivered to the house and we brought him home. it's been such a struggle. But tomorrow should get some "real" information from our orthopedic surgeon.

The Bipolar Diva May 1, 2013 at 9:44 PM  

everyone, thanks so much. I'm just too tired to respond to everything tonight. Know that I love you all and am SO grateful you are in my life.

myinnerchick.com May 5, 2013 at 1:58 PM  

Sending you Love and Kisses from MN, Dear.

Btw, I tasted Moscato my first time last week in London. Are we talking about the same food?

Xxxx

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP