Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

You're How Old?

Thursday, January 3, 2013

I was scrolling through Facebook tonight and it seemed everywhere I looked there was a picture, or post, that was age related, like OLD age related, and it really started to freak me out.

I've been 50 for seven months now and I kinda thought I was used to the idea. After tonight I realize I'M NOT!

One of the pictures I saw said something that related being old and having to scroll for your birth year. I freaking HATE that. I mean, why do they have to start with the 80's? It only makes 1962 that much farther away. ( I totally had to just google "further" and "farther" to see which to use in that sentence. I still don't know what the hell is the correct one!)

1962 used to be right there. I may have had to scroll a couple of times, but it was there. Now I seem to freaking scroll forever.

You know what else make me feel old? Those statistical questions that group us into age ranges. Having to skip up to the next range gives me shivers.

But what REALLY made me feel old tonight was a comment I made on a picture I posted about not remembering my twenties and I wrote the caption, "why stop in my twenties? I need the entire five decades!" Now THAT made me feel old!

That's it! Tomorrow will be making appointments for botox, hair color and micro-dermabrasion!


 

21 comments:

Angelwithatwist January 3, 2013 at 10:22 PM  

Really Diva?? You don't even look 40 so shush it. Trust me 1969 is not the easy to find on the calendar either. I think further is the same as farther it is all a spelling thing.

The Bipolar Diva January 3, 2013 at 10:26 PM  

hopefully it's a spelling thing and not an old age thing! ha!

Mom January 3, 2013 at 11:58 PM  

1937 is just about at the bottom of the scroll. 75+ is the bottom.....
how the HE-double hockey sticks, did that happen. Sheeezeeee!

Unknown January 4, 2013 at 12:26 AM  

Hello honey! happy new year!
I like your blog, maybe follow each other? Just let me know!

MarkD60 January 4, 2013 at 6:21 AM  

Born in '62? You're a youngster!

Lucia January 4, 2013 at 8:10 AM  

you look great! i want a face lift and lipo and breast augmentation to make them perkier not bigger...hmmm the list is big.

Princess Kate January 4, 2013 at 8:15 AM  

People think I'm so young because I have a 3 year old. No one needs to know I scroll down along way to get to 48.

You're beautiful - don't sweat it.

The Bipolar Diva January 4, 2013 at 11:13 AM  

lalalady...you're too young for that!

The Bipolar Diva January 4, 2013 at 11:16 AM  

Lucia, thank you! yes, my list is big as well!

The Bipolar Diva January 4, 2013 at 11:17 AM  

Princess Kate, thank you! A three year old, I'm not sure I could keep up!

Osbasso January 4, 2013 at 12:32 PM  

I really was OK with turning 50, until 5 months into it, the nurse at the doctor's office asked me my age. It was the first time I actually spoke it out loud. That was a shock.

You, on the other hand, are hot for a 30 y.o. You have nothing to be worrying about!

Outcast January 4, 2013 at 3:44 PM  

Exactly what princess Kate says Diva. You look amazing and I would never have guessed in so many millions of years that you're over 50, that's incredible, if you weren't so honest I'd assume it was a lie or a joke! Great post as usual, I don't know the difference between further and farther either. Maybe farther is time and further is difference which might make a little sense.

Susie - Walking Butterfly January 4, 2013 at 6:15 PM  

Haha! I feel like I am scrolling FOREVER to get to 1955! OY! And the age groupings that I hate are the ones that put me in the very last box, marked 50+. We look amazing though so its all good!

Ronalee January 4, 2013 at 6:39 PM  

Born in 64 and I have been complaining (to nobody but air) when I do a survey and it's so boldly in my face that I have moved up to the next section in the age category.
I have already warned my guy that once May get here I will be in mourning for the next 12 months, as I make my way to 50.
I am sure I will be fine once the day comes...or soon there after.

Pat January 5, 2013 at 6:58 AM  

It's just a number. You look great. Remember....50 is the new 30!

myinnerchick.com January 5, 2013 at 5:03 PM  

Diva,
you make 50 look DAMN GOOD! X

The Bipolar Diva January 5, 2013 at 9:47 PM  

you guys make a girl feel good :)

Rob-bear January 6, 2013 at 11:36 PM  

Oh, for Heaven's sakes; 50 is the new 35. You're almost as young as your kids! Get over it. Sheesh!

Me? I stuck out my snout to see what's going on. OK; still winter. Grrr. I'm going back into hibernation.

Blessings and Bear hugs for 2013.

Tami January 7, 2013 at 5:42 PM  

Every once in awhile I am hit with a scared feeling because of the age. I don't feel as old as I am.

Classic NYer January 26, 2013 at 6:22 PM  

Now, now, diva. You're one of the most beautiful 50-year old women I know.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP