Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

Encourage The Words of a Child

Thursday, January 3, 2013

You want to do something good and encourage a child, a child that has gone through severe trauma, trauma of the worst kind? Consider reading and subscribing, either through email or Google Friend Connect, to Jakob's blog and leave him a comment from time to time.

He's my 12 year old grand son and is showing great strength to have survived all he's gone through. Maybe you've read about some of his trauma in my blog, but being severely abused by an ex-man (pedophile) in his life, watching his baby brother's agonizing death, and wondering if his other brother and sister would die, as well as his mom, my daughter, has all left his small heart guarded and scarred. He also wrote about the death of his brother, Isaiah, and of his confusion between death and sleep.

He's an insightful young man and very passionate about his feelings. He doesn't post often but his posts are truly from his heart. He could use the encouragement and he loves comments. He's formed a very special bond to one of my readers, and friend, Middle Child from Living in Pleasantville. She's been a wonderful encouragement to him and really lifts his spirits.

One of his latest posts was about the memories he has of my late mother, his Nanny. He brought her back to me and had me in tears.

He loves the medical field and wants to be a pediatric surgeon. He has a great thirst for knowledge and is always trying to cook up some ancient Chinese home remedy when he's at my house. I even bought him an arm, a life sized arm, from a medical student supply so he could practice his suturing skills. The kid amazes me. He once told me, "Nana if you ever need it, don't worry, I could intubate you." I told him, "Uh, I'm good. Just call 911."

His blog is called "House Of Monkies."

Please consider visiting him and maybe help raise his readership. You would be helping to heal the scars of the past and give him a renewed sense of self esteem.

I would greatly appreciate it. Love Diva.






 

9 comments:

Karyn January 3, 2013 at 11:10 AM  

Oh man- think maybe I will send him some expired ET tubes and an airtraq.......

Cloudia January 3, 2013 at 12:15 PM  

I like monkees!
headin over there now



Aloha
from Honolulu,
Comfort Spiral
~ > < } } ( ° >
> < } } ( ° >



Outcast January 3, 2013 at 3:10 PM  

I'm going to check this out Diva but I'm doing so being prepared for a lot of emotional feelings while reading about poor Jakob. To go through this all and still be such a bright and awesome young man is just inspirational, I'm definitely going to give him a follow.

middle child January 3, 2013 at 8:21 PM  

Hey! Jakob is s'posed to be my little secret. Actually, I think he is so....you know, I can't really explain him. Perhaps he is an old soul. He is just the best!!!!

mary i January 4, 2013 at 6:45 AM  

He is wise and headed on the right path. I do not comment often but read you always. Hang in there Lady you are stronger than you know. I will bookmark his page and look forward to more.. Have a good day your Alabama fan....

The Bipolar Diva January 4, 2013 at 11:28 AM  

Mary, thank you so much.He's had to grow up much faster than a child should. He's so freaking smart, he's funny and he's compassionate. I'm lucky to have him as my grand son.
Thank you for reading and thank you for your encouraging comment....Teri

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP