Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

The Ambien Tree And Acceptance

Thursday, December 20, 2012

It was a year ago almost to the day that I awoke and checked my email. My mouth dropped open and shivers went up my spine. There were several email confirmations of items I'd purchased after I had taken an Ambien and didn't immediately close the laptop, make sure the TV was tuned to 360 for the next morning's news, and put head to pillow.

Oh no, apparently I stayed up and did a little midnight shopping. There was a confirmation for some luxury lingerie from Aubade....ya gotta check them out...pure luxury, and worth every cent, and one rather curious confirmation for a 8' white Christmas tree already strung with tons of lights from Front Gate.

Shit! I didn't remember any of the purchases, not a single one. I clicked on the links, first to the lingerie. I was very glad my exquisite taste in lingerie hadn't been tarnished while under the influence of a hallucinogen. Then I clicked on the one I dreaded most, the one for the 8' white Christmas tree.

The tree arrived several days after Christmas in a box almost as tall as one of my grown sons. Holy Mother of God! What in the hell had I done? With a box that big I had visions of the infamous Griswold tree in the movie Christmas Vacation.

Oh well, it was there and I decided against returning it. It sat in the garage until a few days after Thanksgiving this year when the kids and I made the decision to put it up.

When we took it out of the box it looked big, really big, Griswold big. Oh crap, it was going to be a disaster. We put it together anyway.

When we finally figured out how to place the pieces I realized it fit just fine, although I still wasn't sure I'd made a wise purchase. I mean a white tree?

The next weekend I had the grand kids over to decorate it. Little by little it came together and little by little it became more beautiful. I was beginning to think I could get used to the white Ambien tree.

I gazed at it last night before retiring for the evening. It truly is beautiful. I think I'll keep it around even though I lost a family competition (that I knew nothing about) because I'd bought it "under the influence." (see the paragraph below)

"Congratulations, Michelle, for winning the most beautiful Christmas tree in the family contest! I couldn't bring myself to vote for my tree, I figured that would be too selfish considering I'm the only voter. And, Teri(mom) after much deliberation your tree was disqualified due to the fact that it was bought while under the influence of Ambien.
So, Michelle, you can hold your head up high today knowing that you won this made up contest by default."

Oh well, I'm happy, and isn't that all that matters?

 





 

23 comments:

Furry Bottoms December 20, 2012 at 12:36 PM  

It really is gorgeous! Like it has an inner glow

The Bipolar Diva December 20, 2012 at 12:57 PM  

Thank you! I think it's kinda cool!

Karyn December 20, 2012 at 1:01 PM  

It is a beautiful tree Teri- I dont even have one this year : (

Might as well, can't dance... December 20, 2012 at 1:14 PM  

I think it's very beautiful. I don't tend to shop under Ambien's influece, evidently I call people and text people. That Some E Card one that says, "I didn't text you, Ambien did" is SO MEEEE! For shame! Merry Christmas!

The Bipolar Diva December 20, 2012 at 1:17 PM  

Might As Well, I've seen that pic...it's hilarious! I've SO been there!

The Bipolar Diva December 20, 2012 at 1:18 PM  

Karyn;Thank you and you can come enjoy it!

Claudya Martinez December 20, 2012 at 2:01 PM  

You really made me laugh with this one. The tree looks great. The shopping while under the influence terrifies me a bit.

Love you!

Outcast December 20, 2012 at 2:51 PM  

I adore the story behind this despite it being done under a haze because the tree itself actually looks just awesome and I think that it's the perfect Christmas tree, I'd love to have one so majestic and wonderful looking.

The Bipolar Diva December 20, 2012 at 6:40 PM  

UM; thank you! Ambien shopping is terrifying!

The Bipolar Diva December 20, 2012 at 6:41 PM  

Yeamie;

Thank you so much. I'm really liking it!

Red Shoes December 20, 2012 at 8:31 PM  

Ambien...

This crazy woman that I used to date, screw, etc., was a consumer of ambien... she called me one morning (abt 1.30 AM) and asked me to marry her...

I recognized the ambien glaze on her eyes without ever seeing them...

Oh well...

I love the tree!!

Merry Christmas!!!

~shoes~

Rob-bear December 20, 2012 at 10:40 PM  

Not everything done "under the influence" is a bad thing. But you do need to be careful.

Merry Christmas to you and your clan, Teri!

MarkD60 December 21, 2012 at 6:10 AM  

Sometimes, in the woods, it snows. Then the trees get this white stuff all over them. That's why they sell white Christmas Trees.
I like the Aubade calendar!!!

The Bipolar Diva December 21, 2012 at 10:45 AM  

Rob, Merry Christmas to you as well!

The Bipolar Diva December 21, 2012 at 10:46 AM  

Mark, I didn't see that calendar, I guess I need to go back and take a look!

Anna Whiston-Donaldson December 21, 2012 at 10:56 AM  

wow! i've heard about people doing a lot of things under the influence of ambien... but christmas tree buying? a first!

The Bipolar Diva December 21, 2012 at 11:29 AM  

Yes, Anna, a tree...a flippin' tree! Who'd a thought?

Arnebya December 21, 2012 at 12:08 PM  

The shot of it lit? It's absolutely gorgeous.

Ducky December 21, 2012 at 12:54 PM  

I took Ambien the other night and evidently asked for NyQuil after the fact. I have no memory of chugging from the bottle but I did....Irishman says so. It took a LOOOOOONG time to wake up from that!

Rachel Cotterill December 31, 2012 at 3:18 AM  

It's beautiful. Also I love Aubade :) Clearly you should shop "under the influence" more often!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP