Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

Foam And Frustration

Friday, December 28, 2012

I should have known when I didn't notice the foam on my latte. I like perfect foam, well to me it's perfect. It's like drinking velvet when it's right, but today I didn't pay attention to it, for me that's an oddity.

I always anticipate the first sip and I've learned which baristas I prefer. But not today. Today my mind was elsewhere. It's been there for a time and not much I do seems to bring it back to the present, to the here and now. I'm not even quite sure what day it is.

What began as a day distracted quickly turned to a day of total frustration. You know those days, the days where nothing works the way it should? The yin and yang...totally screwed up today, and the zen? Forget about it.

It began by me trying to make amends for a disastrous situation I totally, unintentionally, caused. Didn't work. Not sure it will, but time will tell. I hate when things like that happen because I completely obsess over them until things are cool. Yeah, well I think I'll be waiting a while on this one.

Then since the day was going so well, ha, I decided to go to the Mac Store to have them help me move my iTunes, photos, and other media over to an external hard drive. Should have never made that decision.

Once I was at the help desk the guy that had been assigned to me decided it was much more important that my cursor wouldn't make its way to the top of an icon. Who cares? I certainly didn't. All I wanted was my media moved to another drive.

Tech guy couldn't let it go and actually help me with what I wanted help with. He zoomed in on the cursor, preformed all sorts of software tests, that took about three hours, and ended up somehow deleting the operating system on my Mac Book Pro. Great. Freaking great.

I then got to go home and spend hours trying to reload the operating system, have I ever mentioned that I'm NOT a patient person at times? By this time I was really needing a drink, a really big drink, maybe multiple drinks. I decided against that because then I would be obsessing again over the first item of the day and sure as hell would have ended up doing something stupid, really stupid, that would only aggravate the situation. Decided against the funnel and the tequila and decided to text Angela instead. Her advice? Run EVERYTHING by her before I do it. She was going to be my cop (if you only knew how funny that is).

While I was soberly texting and waiting for the software to load I learned that everyone in my house was dropping minute by minute with some sort of viral nightmare. The day was going downhill and it was going fast.

Then Nikki came in and told me her iPad was stolen at the mall. What in the heck was it with Apple products today? What did I ever do to Steve Jobs?

Now? Now the operating system is up and running, Nikki's filed a police report, I haven't been thrown up on, but, oh yeah there's a but, but now my stomach's feeling a little funky, I have a headache and I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll be spending tomorrow in bed.

I should have paid better attention to the foam and maybe, just maybe, the day would have taken a different direction.


 

10 comments:

Kristy December 28, 2012 at 11:35 PM  

May you have a better day tomorrow.

Unknown December 29, 2012 at 6:00 AM  

OH I hate when nothing seems to go right from the minute I set my foot on the floor out of bed. I am hoping you DON'T have the viral thing and that Nikki's Ipad gets found and the thief gets his/her ass kicked straight between their shoulders.

Red Shoes December 29, 2012 at 6:21 AM  

Good morning, Sunshine...

You can't blame this on Steve Jobs... he's dead. :op

That was some day you experienced!! I have a better understanding of your comment you left...

Some of my 'best' texting and phone calling have happened when I've been 'CWI'... 'Communicating While Intoxicated'...

:oD

Happy New Year!!!

~shoes~

Outcast December 29, 2012 at 9:37 AM  

That time wasted in the Apple store has really angered me, it annoys me how difficult Apple can be at times and that definitely does take the piss that they waited so long and messed about so long only for you to go home with it still not working out. Sorry to hear that you had a tough day like that though, hopefully tomorrow's a better one.

Anna Whiston-Donaldson December 29, 2012 at 1:16 PM  

Uh oh. I really hope you managed to dodge this one on such a rotten day. NO BARFS for you! xo

middle child December 29, 2012 at 7:40 PM  

And 2013 will just be more of the same only different.
Hope you were able to fight off the illness. I know that's not one of your favorite things.

Rachel Cotterill December 31, 2012 at 3:19 AM  

Not the best day, then. I knew there was a reason I didn't buy apple stuff. Hope that 2013 gets off to a better start :)

MarkD60 December 31, 2012 at 7:56 AM  

When I wake up I start slamming down coffee as quick as I can. Black, strong. I couldn't give a rats ass about "smooth foam".
So the Mac guy wrecked your computer and sent you home to fix it yourself? Sucks. go Android!
Hope Nikki gets her iPad back.

The Bipolar Diva December 31, 2012 at 10:07 AM  

But Mark, nothing compares to a perfect latte :)

Classic NYer December 31, 2012 at 5:32 PM  

Breathe, love. It will all be fine. I promise. Scout's honor.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP