Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

Angela

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

It really began innocently enough, well, maybe not so much. I was in Texas getting away from the mess here and was being carefree and totally irresponsible, in other words, I was hanging with my friends.

I was staying with my friend, Penguin, who has the distinction of being one of the only people on Earth to have seen me completely flat out, sailor drunk. I don't drink much, but one hot summer night at a bar(s) in the Oaklawn area of Dallas the drinks kept flowing and I kept drinking. Before I knew it I was seeing pictures of the night I had no memory of. Evidently we had quite the time and there was photographic evidence to verify the events of the evening.  I only wish I could remember even a little bit of it. Those pictures, by the way, will never be made available to another living soul, just sayin'.

I'm so off track now. Penguin, after the Night of the Drunken Diva, asked me to go to see the play "Mame." One of our friends was in it and we wanted to be there to support him full force. Penguin told me we would be meeting up with this chick named Angela. I didn't know her, or how she was about to change my life.

Penguin and I stopped to get a bite to eat while we were waiting for Angela, AKA The Green Eyed Brat, to show up. She was going to drive us to the play. Penguin and I finished our meal and were waiting in the parking lot when this shiny, new Cadillac CTS pulled up in front of us.

Behind the wheel was one of the most beautiful women I had ever seen. I was awe struck. Penguin got in the back seat and I rode up front with Angela. I couldn't stop myself, I had to text Penguin, who was barely three feet away from me, telling her how amazingly hot this girl was. I didn't know it at the time but Angela thought I was texting Penguin about how much I disliked her.

I can usually carry on a conversation with strangers, but for some reason I couldn't find words to say. This new girl intimidated the hell out of me. She seemed to have it all going her way. She had an amazing personality, she was funny, articulate and drop dead gorgeous.

What I didn't realize at the time was that Angela was about to become the closest friend I've ever had. I know how it began, but I don't remember how it evolved, only that for the first time in my life I felt there was another person on this Earth that I could tell anything to and she'd understand. She never judges me and flat out tells me when she thinks I'm wrong. I can tell Penguin anything as well, but there was a connection between Angela and me that is unexplainable.

What I came to understand was that Angela was me. She'd lived my life, she knew me, almost better than I knew myself, and I knew her.  She thought the same way I did, she'd had many of the same life experiences I'd had, even her kids' names matched my kids' names. She has Josiah and Alexander and I have Karli Alexandra and Josiah.

Before Angela came along I had never felt that connection with another person, this chick got me, she totally got me and I got her. We would talk for hours and the conversation was easy, not forced, not awkward, it flowed. We knew what the other was going to say before it was said. We would sit and drink, talk, laugh and cry.

There is a problem though. She lives in Texas and I live in Oregon. Facebook helps, as does Facetime on the iPhone, but I miss her. I have friends here, good friends, but there's just not another Green Eyed Brat, and right now I need my Green Eyed Brat.



 

11 comments:

MarkD60 December 13, 2012 at 5:59 AM  

Every comment I can think of contains strong sexual content you may find offensive.

Outcast December 13, 2012 at 9:35 AM  

This post is amazing Diva. Absolutely amazing. I wish that you would see Angela more often and the way that you two got to know each other is just awesome, I find it funny that you were intimidated by her originally but now you guys are best friends. My best friend moved away to London nearly a year ago and I miss him a lot myself so I know what it's like to only be able to communicate by Facebook and phone.

Princess Kate December 13, 2012 at 9:45 AM  

Such a great story. You got to make time to hang out with her. Sounds like you both need it.

The Bipolar Diva December 13, 2012 at 11:00 AM  

yes, there's a time when the phone and internet just doesn't cut it. I just think it's funny how the whole friendship happened over a chance meeting. Then there's Penguin, that girl is amazing as well, she helped me through some of the darkest hours of my life. I'm really a pretty lucky girl.

Rob-bear December 13, 2012 at 2:18 PM  

Such a lovely story. Such a wonderful woman. Someone with whom you need to spend more time. Obviously.

I could say more, but that might get an X-rating. Don't want to go there.

Blessings and Bear hugs!

UncleGlen December 13, 2012 at 3:51 PM  

She is gorgeous Teri and it is a shame you gurls don't live closer to each other. I have one in my life that is too far away to suit me also so I get it.

myinnerchick.com December 13, 2012 at 4:24 PM  

Superb Post.

I love your relationship w/ the green eyed brat.

you are both gorgeous.

I love when somebody GETS me. I mean, really GETS me.

damnnnnn. X

middle child December 13, 2012 at 6:34 PM  

You can love people and people can love you. But to find your kindred soul? Do what you have to. And hey! Get another damn follower. You have 666 and it's freaking me out!

middle child December 13, 2012 at 8:02 PM  

I am not sure if I am following Ramblings or not. All I saw was a rrs? feed. I know nothing. It worked except, I don't know where it will show up. She's a good writer.

The Bipolar Diva December 13, 2012 at 8:10 PM  

Middle Child- it's freaking me out too! I need another follower!!

The Bipolar Diva December 13, 2012 at 8:11 PM  

Middle Child, down toward the end of her posts there is a link to sign up via email. Yes, she's a great writer.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP