Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

SHOTGUN!

Friday, March 23, 2012

No, I do not want to sit in the front passenger seat of the car. I'd rather be in the back being driven about by some guy with a cool name and a British accent.

What a day, what a term, what a year.  If you're expecting something brilliant in this post you can click out now because I have nothing left this week.

I thought I'd take a "shotgun" approach to this post, well, because my life is all over the place right now. Nothing of substance, just pellets flying through the air and hitting me square in the face with a few in the ass.

First of all I'd like to know why parents don't teach their kids manners or respect any more. I was at my son's basketball game the other day and these four little shits about 11-12 pushed me out of the door and ran by never acknowledging they'd hit an almost old lady.

Then today I held the door open for a woman that was right me at Starbucks and that royally pissed her off! She was pissed because she thought I held the door open for her because she was old. Eh, no. I held the door open for her because it was the right thing to do. Then she nastily told me, "You go ahead since you were HERE FIRST!" Whatever. I'm sick of rude people. I should have pulled her cane right from beneath her and beat her with it.

After all that I had to come on and work on my taxes for the last two years, no not 2011, but '09 and '10 because they got royally messed up and have to be done all over again. So I've been staring at bank statements and trying to make sense of Quickbooks all day, popping valium along the way. Fun times.

In the middle of trying to make sense of it all my daughter, The Bipolar Princess, called. She had quite a bit to say. First off she warned me that I might not want to read her latest blog post, that it might "upset" me. So of course I wanted to read it, I mean if she's warning me, it had to be something bad about me, right? Ha, the bipolar mind at work. So I called her on it. She said part of it had to do with Isaiah and she didn't want me to be blindsided by it. Can I get a collective "awwww," now? My baby was thinking of me and didn't want me to have to re-live a horrific part of our lives. I still haven't read it. I might do that in a bit.

Then she went on to tell me something I can't get off my mind. You all know she has herpes and that's why Isaiah died. But what you don't know is that she has a rare blood borne form of the virus. She got some news from her doctor that has kicked me in the gut.

Evidently with the form of the virus she has it can attack any organ in her body and her brain is especially susceptible. She's at high risk of developing dementia. As if the girl hasn't gone through enough, now she has to deal with that fear, and being her mom I'm totally freaked out.

But then something really cool happened. Karli, my Bipolar Princess, found these shirts that say, "I ♥ my mom and her tattoos." So I had to get some. I bought four of them.


Now I'm in bed finally. I have a  sleeping yorkie beside me and the week behind me. I have two xanax, two valium and a Geodon at my bedside and after I watch Brothers and Sisters those will be ingested and I'll be on my way to the weekend.



17 comments:

Beth March 24, 2012 at 1:56 AM  

I am loving your blog! I've been blogging for awhile, but have recently done a complete makeover. I'm also a Bipolar Blogger and if you get the chance I'd love for you to read a little and let me know what you think. Any help would be so appreciated.
www.anothermanicmonday.com

Thanks!
Beth

MarkD60 March 24, 2012 at 5:21 AM  

I hope you have a good weekend.
I like that your husband is sticking up for you.

Jackie McGuinness March 24, 2012 at 9:05 AM  

I totally agree with you about kids.
However, being of a certain age, I totally get pissed off if someone offers me their seat on the subway, I mean do I look that old???

Karen Mortensen March 24, 2012 at 9:37 AM  

I agree with you about the rude children. It is amazing how people are now.
Sorry about your daughter. Give her a hug for me.

Just Two Chicks March 24, 2012 at 9:39 AM  

LOL... I'm like you and you're husband combined lately. In a totally "Don't mess with me mood, rude, stupid people!"

I always hold the door open for people, and get quite aggravated when they don't even say thank you, much less if someone was rude about it. One time a woman held the door open for me, but I was so quickly rushing through, I hadn't looked, and just saw a ball cap on a head. I said "Thank you sir!" Yep, the kids freaked! "That was a woman!!" I guess I should have chased her down to apologize for not stopping to take notice? LOL

I so need to go catch up on everyone's posts. I'll make it a point to do that tomorrow night!

Love the shirt, and the idea to buy one for your hubby!!

Oh and, you're NOT old...LOL

Anonymous,  March 24, 2012 at 9:41 AM  

Bipolars probably shouldn't have shotguns. IJS

middle child March 24, 2012 at 10:08 AM  

This was a good post. See I liked the part where you mentioned your ass.
I do honestly agree with the rude people too. I am so serious you can not believe it. I too had a confrontation with the dad of a kid that I blocked from getting in the way of someone acting in a play. It was a confrontation I didnt back away from. I am borrowing this I-pad and cant seem to post. Love you always!

middle child March 24, 2012 at 10:08 AM  

This was a good post. See I liked the part where you mentioned your ass.
I do honestly agree with the rude people too. I am so serious you can not believe it. I too had a confrontation with the dad of a kid that I blocked from getting in the way of someone acting in a play. It was a confrontation I didnt back away from. I am borrowing this I-pad and cant seem to post. Love you always!

Outcast March 24, 2012 at 11:25 AM  

I actually found this post pretty damn interesting Diva, I definitely read through it and didn't click away at your warning at least. Here's hoping those xanaxes and valiums were enough to have a great sleep too.

The Bipolar Diva March 24, 2012 at 12:11 PM  

FrankandMary;

Actually I do have a shotgun and 7 handguns and counting.

Anna Whiston-Donaldson March 24, 2012 at 4:23 PM  

hugs to you, b.d. i don't touch raw chicken either. ugh.

Christy March 24, 2012 at 4:51 PM  

I would not have backed down either. It's amazing to me that kids have no manners any more. I still have people who tell me my kids are polite and the youngest ones will be 26 in 6 days. It's ridiculous that more parents don't teach their kids manners.

I'm thinking about you and Karli. Keep thinking positive.

Susie - Walking Butterfly March 24, 2012 at 6:10 PM  

So sorry for the misery my friend. Hey if misery loves company, wanna hear my week?
-After 50 years of weekly intense headaches, they went away when I got on Lisinopril to control my high blood pressure. They went away immediately and my life these last 7 years have been headache free. BUT, due to loss of job-insurance-etc I have now been told my Doc will not renew prescription without an exam which I cannot afford without insurance.
-I broke a tooth yesterday and now my smile is odd. Again, no $$ means no dentist.
-Just now our chew hungry dog has destroyed yet another precious personal item.

I locked her in the laundry room and just cried. arrgh!

Snowbrush March 25, 2012 at 12:46 AM  

"I have two xanax, two valium and a Geodon at my bedside"

Just stay out of the tub. You wouldn't want to do like our dear departed Whitney and slowly sink beneath the water.

Jill of All Trades March 26, 2012 at 7:08 AM  

Did you read you're daughter's post yet? I did, and I actually thing you would be proud. I would. It is amazing the courage and lucidity (YES, as in LUCID) way she (and you as well) write about the chaos of feeling crazy. I felt such raw strength from her post when I read it. And I think it is too sweet she called to warn you. I hope you were proud, you both deserve to feel that.
love,
Jill

The Bipolar Diva March 26, 2012 at 7:51 PM  

Jill, I did read part of it. I had to skip several parts because the hurt is still too fresh. I am very proud of her. she's trying so very hard.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP