Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

Because Mama Tink Said So

Friday, February 24, 2012

So Mama Tink tagged me and since I have absolutely no braincells of my own left after that dreadful algebra tests yesterday, and need inspiration, I shall accept. Plus  and I love Mama Tink.

But seeing that I can't follow rules and have such a terrible time with choosing I'm going to change it up a bit.

I can't tag people, I just can't for some reason. I feel like I'm going to leave the one person out that has me in their will and all will go up in smoke. And because I don't tag people I can't come up with questions for them to answer so I will tackle Mama Tink's other requests.



 Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post. ELEVEN you say? Now this is going to be difficult.

  1.  I'm a staunch Reagan Republican but many, many of my friends are, well, are not. I think they're entitled to their view as I am, even if I'm Right. Ok, that was an attempt at humor, I guess it didn't go over too well. 
  2. I have 8 kids and none have the same birth father, yet they all have the same dad. 
  3. I have to watch myself when I go to a school conference or doctor appointment with one on my kids with fetal alcohol effects. I always end up saying something like "because of their fetal alcohol effects....." You should see the looks I get. Ha. I guess I should mention they're adopted and I'm not always a sot. 
  4. I'm kind of scared of one of my aunts and there's no way in hell I'm gonna say which one. I think that in itself is funny since I'm generally fearless.
  5. I DON'T think I'm too old to wear feathers in my hair....so there, you, you, well you know who you are. 
  6.  Not sure how fun this is, but I'm having a difficult time here, but I only wear one contact to read. I use my contact-less eye for distance. The only problem is that at night if I have my contact in I have no depth perception. 
  7. My service tech at Mercedes just told me, besides just needing service on my car, my power steering pump is failing. Funny thing is that when he told me the price to replace the pump I allowed him to live. I may change my mind in the next hour or so. 
  8. I can't wait to drive to Texas in May with my 22 yr old daughter. We'll be staying two nights in Vegas and I'm excited about spending general adult debauchery time with her. heehee. 
  9. When I was a kid I was bitten by a snake and am now terrified by them. Not fun, but true. 
  10. I think I've run out of facts about me. 
  11. Last one MOTORCYCLE AWARENESS!


 Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
  1. What made you start blogging? When I first began to write it was to try to understand the world that was swirling around me in the days after my parents died and before bipolar was diagnosed. Now I write because i love it and because I'd like to help shatter the stigma of bipolar. 
  2. Have you ever been to a foreign country? Yeppers, and these days America feels more and more foreign to me.
  3. What was your favorite book? Usually the one that was the closest that I could throw at a moments notice.
  4. What dead celebrity would you like to meet and what would you talk about? Ronald Reagan and we'd talk about everything. And maybe Marilyn Monroe about what she did to piss off the Kennedy's.
  5. What is your current favorite musical artist/group and why? Funny enough, Hugh Laurie. I got the CD for Christmas and I LOVE it, after that it's Kid Rock, Santana, Clapton........yada, yada, yada
  6. What was your first job? I was a candy girl at Sears.......shiver
  7. If you could live anywhere, where would that be? Santa Barbara, if it was in another state.
  8. Who do you like better? Britney Spears or Christina Aquilara? That's like picking a Kardashian.
  9. Do you have a fake or real Christmas tree? Usually a fresh tree but in an ambien induced, after Christmas, half price sale I bought a 7.5 foot tall white tree for next year.
  10. What is your favorite current TV show? Sons Of Anarchy......I'm still pissed they canceled Brothers and Sisters.....oh and I love NCIS LA, but only because I really, really love LL Cool J.
  11. What is one thing you would change about yourself? Nothing, I'll stay the same, flaws and all.


17 comments:

Nolie February 24, 2012 at 2:12 PM  

I want to go to vegas. Where was my invite?

Unknown February 24, 2012 at 3:02 PM  

Thank you so much for playing along!! I love you too!

Just Two Chicks February 24, 2012 at 3:08 PM  

Love the facts and I get the not tagging people. I offended some people a few months ago on Facebook when I tagged a handful of friends for something, and left some people out. Pffft!

I'm not sure when in May you're coming, but you need to come visit. We can go hang out in Dallas, or you guys can come hang out on the lake. :)

Maybe later, I'll copy-cat your blog? The only thing I've got going tonight is strawberry soaking, and my computer :) I hope you have a great Friday night!

Anonymous,  February 24, 2012 at 3:36 PM  

" i let him live "... nice. i know the feeling. lol.
there`s alot to be said for flaws and all, thats who we are. excellent post , cheers for the chuckles.

Monkey Man February 24, 2012 at 3:44 PM  

"I'm not always a sot" - Classic.

The Bipolar Diva February 24, 2012 at 9:47 PM  

crowbloke....it was a hard choice to make, after all he did have to authorize the pump being put in, so I kind of had to allow him to live.

The Bipolar Diva February 24, 2012 at 9:48 PM  

MM~ well, I'm not....always....only sometimes.

The Bipolar Diva February 24, 2012 at 9:48 PM  

Two chicks;

I hope the end of May and heck yes we're getting together!

Unknown February 24, 2012 at 9:49 PM  

Flaws?? Who said you have flaws?? AWesomeness is what it is and for those that call it flaws I call it JEALOUSY on their part. BWHAHAH at the doctor thing, yeah mentioning adoption might be a smart thing to do. So when are you coming to KY I almost have Boobies convinced to move here lol

Outcast February 25, 2012 at 3:36 AM  

I had no idea you had eight kids Diva, that's actually quite the amazing feat! Great to read more about you.

MarkD60 February 25, 2012 at 4:30 AM  

I like this post. Nice to know facts about you

Pat February 25, 2012 at 7:26 AM  

I just love your #2 fact (about your kids). Sweet!

Anonymous,  February 25, 2012 at 7:29 AM  

love love love love love all of you. Just got this on my feed, and loved it. I actually teared up for a nanosecond on your children haveing different dads but the same father. What you do for children... it is the most selfless act of incredible love i can imagine. Yet here you are, their student. learning from them daily. I so admire you, i heart your staunch defense of right wing views, and you tethering to motorcycle safety as your fearless link to riding the line of life and death. Much respect, Diva.

Anonymous,  February 26, 2012 at 5:46 PM  

Love it! Enjoyed getting to know a bit more.
Have a great week Ms Diva!

W.C.Camp February 26, 2012 at 8:01 PM  

Wow that 'one contact' thing is a pretty good idea. I want to try that though I would be afraid of getting vertigo with each eye interpreting near and far vision differently? Very clever! W.C.C.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP