Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

Hopefully It's Not Goodbye

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Every time, every single time, I get on my Harley to take a trip I get freaked out. I mean, totally freaked out.

It's probably due to that woman hitting me and totaling my bike, or perhaps the inherent danger in riding a motorcycle. I'm not worried about myself, I'm worried about the other people on the road.

As least I know I can be seen. My bike is white and pink, how many of those do you see on the roads? My helmet is white with a huge pink butterfly on each side and I've put crystals on it. The crystals reflect all the sunlight and make it seem as if my helmet has lights covering it. I also have modulators on my headlights and tail light which make the lights continually flash.





I'm going to Hell's Canyon. It's in Eastern Oregon near a place called Baker City. I'm going to be riding the Tail of the Devil. Sounds wicked doesn't it? It's 22 miles one way of curves and twisties. It's also the deepest canyon in the US. The scenery is amazing!




The first time I rode it I was scared to death when I read that they always have Life Flight on call during the rally. Not riding with the rally this time so there shouldn't be as many bikes on the tail. It was an awesome ride and I'm really looking forward to it!

Just hoping I come home alive, in one piece and without road rash!

21 comments:

W.C.Camp June 30, 2011 at 11:28 PM  

Enjoy the ride but PLEASE come back in one piece. Very pretty helmet! W.C.C.

Kelly June 30, 2011 at 11:29 PM  

Have a fun & safe trip woman!! :)

I LOVE your helmet! I love anything with butterflies and/or sparkle :)

Nick wants me to learn how to ride and get my own bike. I am honestly scared shitless. Riding on the back of his is one thing [even that took me awhile to do] but driving one myself, holly hell!!

What kind of Harley to you have? Nick has a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 right now but on his next day off we're going to the Harley dealership to see about trading it in for a Harley. I hope it works out :)

Be safe hun!!

XoXo

Karyn July 1, 2011 at 12:43 AM  

you will be great, as you always are- enjoy- mine is in the shop-

Unknown July 1, 2011 at 6:11 AM  

You will be fine. Just be sure to wear that pretty pink helmet to protect that pretty little head!

MarkD60 July 1, 2011 at 6:45 AM  

I always say a quick prayer that God'll bring me home safely.

Karen Mortensen July 1, 2011 at 8:00 AM  

Looks fun. Have a great time.

Rebecca Dot Com July 1, 2011 at 8:24 AM  

what a beautiful bike! I'm liking it :) I totally understand where you are coming from though. . . I would be a little nervous too.

enjoy your 4th!

Maasiyat July 1, 2011 at 8:33 AM  

Oh take me with you!!! Be safe..however if anyone can ride the devil's tail and return my bet's on you

SB July 1, 2011 at 9:33 AM  

I love motorcycles just not driving them. Lol. That scenery is beautiful. Have fun an be safe!

Just miss c July 1, 2011 at 10:27 AM  

I love your bike and helmet.

Have fun and stay safe.

Furry Bottoms July 1, 2011 at 10:55 AM  

totally loved your hair!! :) That ride looks like an adrenaline rush... let us know how it went!

Monkey Man July 1, 2011 at 11:01 AM  

Hopefully no driver will get blinded by the reflection of the sun on your crystal covered helmet and go careening across the highway.

I kid.

Have a great time.

Gucci Mama July 1, 2011 at 5:59 PM  

Have fun, you incredible hottie.

Just Two Chicks July 2, 2011 at 8:16 AM  

First of all, thanks for responding to my earlier comment! That actually helped quite a bit at this point.
Hells Canyon looks amazing.... be safe on that bike! It looks like a ton of fun, but I've always been so scared on the back of them... perhaps if I had control of it myself!!

Susie - Walking Butterfly July 2, 2011 at 9:47 AM  

Have fun Girl, you deserve it. But please be careful on those twisties OK! Your butterfly makes mine look anemic!

Cheeseboy July 2, 2011 at 3:12 PM  

I am always so jealous of your motorcycle adventures. Please do come home safely.

Pheromone Girl July 5, 2011 at 9:22 AM  

I LOVE that spot - it's actually the first place I rode alone. What a perfect weekend for it, too!

The Bipolar Diva July 5, 2011 at 3:02 PM  

Pheromone Girl;

It's awesome isn't it? Loved it!

Ash Green October 5, 2019 at 8:42 PM  

Thanks for such a nice content. Apppreciate it :)
Cheers
If anyone interested similar one's have a look here themotorbiker thanks

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP