Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

Pretty Damned Cool!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I received this email from a woman at a website called "Masters In Psychology" a couple of days ago:

I just published an article on my blog entitled "Top 50 Blogs About Depression" (http://www.mastersinpsychology.net/top-50-blogs-about-depression,) and I'm happy to let you know that I've included your site in my article.

At first I was all like, "Yeah, so what do you want?" Then I checked it out and my little blog is the first one listed under blogs about bipolar! It's actually number 26, but hey, it's first under the bipolar section! The site is actually wonderful and has some great resources for depression of all types. I highly encourage anyone dealing with depression of any sort to check it out.

She, Michelle Parsons, also said about my blog,  "A simple blog entry on the third birthday of her granddaughter alone makes the blog worth reading." You can read that post here. My regular readers know the story well. Anna-Grace wasn't supposed to live but she did and she's more than thriving. Baby Diva ~hey the name fits~ is kicking ass!


Michelle Parson's email got me to thinking. So here I am Diva-ing around writing under the name "The Bipolar Diva" about all sorts of stuff, but not much of anything about bipolar lately.


I guess there are a couple of reasons for that. The first is that I really want people out in the general public to realize that people with bipolar disorder are just like they are. We laugh, we play, we cry, we have jobs (unless you do the Diva thing like I do), we work out ( I still haven't figured out a way to get someone to do that for me), we have good days and we have bad days. We're people that unfortunately have this stigma attached to us that for the most part isn't true.

That's not to say that there aren't those that are severely affected, even disabled by bipolar, and those that choose not to keep on top of the medicinal cocktails that many of of us have to live with. But damn it, for the most part we're just like you, it's just that sometimes our good days and bad days might be a little more good or a little more bad than the typical person's.

Another reason I think I haven't written about bipolar recently is that I feel pretty great lately. I haven't had any swings, any depression and everything, aside from the economy and owning a business (sucks!), anyway things are pretty good for me right now.And I haven't had any ambien related shopping sprees lately.

Feeling so good kinda scares me a little. Since I was diagnosed I've become all too familiar with signs of the different states of bipolar. Generally I'm on the happy side of life, but when things are going so well I always wonder if I'm going into "hypomania."

I found this great definition of hypomania on the WebMD website:

"...it's tremendous ... ideas are fast ... like shooting stars you follow until brighter ones appear... . All shyness disappears, the right words and gestures are suddenly there ... uninteresting people, things become intensely interesting. Sensuality is pervasive, the desire to seduce and be seduced is irresistible. Your marrow is infused with unbelievable feelings of ease, power, well-being, omnipotence, euphoria ... you can do anything ..."


So for me, at the moment, the stars are shining and there are brighter ones in the distance. Is it hypomania? Is it the medicinal concoction I'm on? Or is it just that I'm here, I'm back and I'm doing ok? I choose to believe the latter, that and the fact that I have one kick ass doctor!


Until later,


32 comments:

Yaya May 31, 2011 at 11:45 PM  

I am a new follower and I must say I've only read a bit, but I really like your blog. Looking forward to catching up on lots of reading and congrats on the recognition.

Yaya @ www.adventuresinyayaland.blogspot.com

The Bipolar Diva May 31, 2011 at 11:55 PM  

Thank you so much! I look forward to getting to know you!

Dee June 1, 2011 at 5:10 AM  

Congrats girl! I'm sure you blog helps a lot of people!! You rock, we've always known it and now more people are beginning to see it lol!

Maasiyat June 1, 2011 at 5:27 AM  

You nailed the happiness part. I think being happy scares a lot of people in some ways. Because it's an emotion that we don't usually experience except in hypomania so when we start to feel better (even if it isn't hypomania) we assume this feeling is wrong/incorrect/weird and want to get rid of it as soon as possible. I for one love the way you write about bipolar because for me I see it in your writing even though you don't mention but that could be because I have it too and it takes one to know one. But I love your Divaness just the way it is

Oh and congratulations on the mention that is superfabfucktabulousness

Cheryl D. June 1, 2011 at 6:30 AM  

Congrats! That's fantastic!

I'm glad you're doing well right now too.

Unknown June 1, 2011 at 7:00 AM  

After fighting for the last 6 months with my son's old doctors we had to move him elsewhere. In the process he came off his meds and we are struggling to get back on. He is doing really well , his gf seems to be a wonderful stabilizer for him. The only thing that aggravates is his desire to fight when he gets angry.. He sdwings toward rage. Hopefully by the 14th we will have him back on.. cause he needs them.

Monkey Man June 1, 2011 at 8:27 AM  

I will have to check out her site to see if it might provide insight on anxiety. Thanks, Kiddo.

Claudya Martinez June 1, 2011 at 6:21 PM  

I think your blog is perfect and has perfect title because it reflects you and your life.

A June 1, 2011 at 6:23 PM  

Congrats on the nod from M.I.P... but we already knew you were fabulous! x

Dazee Dreamer June 1, 2011 at 6:40 PM  

I can't think of anyone that deserves this more than you. You inspire me always.

The Bipolar Diva June 1, 2011 at 7:07 PM  

Massiyat;

Being happy is the scary part. Depression I can deal with. With happiness I always wonder now, I never did before. I'd like to go back to those days.

The Bipolar Diva June 1, 2011 at 7:09 PM  

Oh Angel, I hear you. I have the same issue with one of my kids and it's hell. I'm sorry.

The Bipolar Diva June 1, 2011 at 7:10 PM  

Unknown Mami~

THANK you! What a wonderful compliment!

Unknown June 1, 2011 at 9:22 PM  

Amen Sista...and congrats on getting into her article. I think with what life has handed you Teri, you deal pretty damn well whether it be the bipolar or not. Strong will and desire darling--and you have Both and being a hottie don't hurt either:)

Daisygirl June 1, 2011 at 9:42 PM  

I think this is so awesome! I am so happy to hear that you have been feeling good lately. You're amazing chica!

Rob-bear June 1, 2011 at 11:03 PM  

Well done, Diva, and a very much deserved compliment.

Can't say I get manic, but I'm very often depressed. Overall, I think of myself as being an ordinary person (even though I present as a Bear). Some people get the flu, some people break bones, some people are bipolar, and some are depressive. All part of the human condition; nothing contagious like the flu.

Unknown June 2, 2011 at 1:23 AM  

You have a beautiful soul. I believe the latter, as well. Sending love & light to you, from the Sunshine State!

MarkD60 June 2, 2011 at 6:34 AM  

I quit drinking over 20 years ago, but I don't post about drinking all the time.
You keep on doing what you're doing, how you're doing it.
I have a blogger friend who blogged about her baby. She won some award or was mentioned and she filled her blog up with so many ads and stuff you can't even see the content anymore.
Keep on doing what you're doing, just how you're doing it. I don't want you to change a bit.

Susie - Walking Butterfly June 2, 2011 at 9:35 AM  

Diva - You are an amazing woman in every aspect! Seriously! Don't even want to show your pic to Hubs (especially on a bike!), gorgeous, deep and oh so funny!

Enjoy the good times as just that....good times. Who cares if they are due to meds, BP swings or plain old life. Grab them and squeeze every bit of fun out of them. Actually I can tell that you already do that! I think I may be talking to myself here, hmm. See you are inspirational! Ha!

Thanx so much for the sweet "love you" on my post about mom, means a lot my friend. <3

Susie - Walking Butterfly June 2, 2011 at 9:36 AM  

OH, and the magazine mention?!! YAY for you, that is so great!!

Copyboy June 2, 2011 at 12:58 PM  

Yeah, I totally was going to shout at the computer your first reason. But hey you beat me to the punch. You are an uplifiting ray of hope to anyone dealing with that illness.

Cheeseboy June 2, 2011 at 6:08 PM  

That is really cool that you were featured. I think if I were bipolar, I'd find your blog so helpful and personable. But since I am not, I will still say that your blog are those things. Glad you are doing well.

Pat June 7, 2011 at 6:34 AM  

Congrats on being in the top 50 blogs on depression. That's not depressing, right? *wink*

I'm glad that things are good for you now!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP