Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

Valium, Muscle Relaxers And Beer

Monday, March 21, 2011



Yeah that's what I said, valium, muscle relaxers and beer. It's been that kind of, uh, year? Oh and be forewarned that all grammar, punctuation and spelling are in harm's way during the duration of this post.

I began the morning with a physical for life insurance which totally stressed me out. I mean, who in their right mind is going to insure the life of a bipolar Diva? They assured me that it "should" fly but who in the hell has a clue?

Then I decided to tackle the bills. You all know that we're general contractors and business has been crappy due to the economy and the fact that last year we lost more money on jobs than we have in all of our years combined.

We're in a hole, a gigantic hole.

Just a minute, I need to get the chips and Tapatio sauce.....


Ok, I'm back.

Where was I? Oh yes, the hole, the black hole of debt, and lots of it.

It's so much debt that just being in debt, singular, would be a great thing. The sun would be shining and all would be right with the world.

Long story short, or as short as a valium, muscle relaxer, three ibuprofen, two tylenol and a beer later (now I know how my Dad felt all those years), it may be longer than shorter, anyway back to my whining. That sentence really sucked, oh well. I thought, for about an hour, that we would be able to fill that hole in a bit. That's until I found this MASSIVE bill from a sub contractor buried in email.

SHIT!

I wrote the check, re-tallied the amounts and stared at what was left over. I have a week's worth of money to last for the next month.

My daughter is sitting by me chattering on the phone. I'm going to freaking kill her. I've totally lost my train of thought while she gabs on about "The One Hundred Monkeys." My son is walking around in circles talking to himself and I, well, I'm under the influence.

Oh yeah, another thing. Did I happen to mention that I opened my cell phone bill this afternoon? $950! So not only did I spend all day trying to figure out a way not to borrow more money I tried to figure out, with AT&T, how in the hell a 17 year old can run up a phone bill that has unlimited talk and text.

Ok, the valium, muscle relaxers and beer are winning so I guess that's enough for tonight.

Kisses and all that shit, 

27 comments:

Ed Wawrzaszek March 21, 2011 at 5:23 PM  

Sometimes you just can't figure it out. Sometimes the world takes a big dump on ya. Thne again sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the bug. I think there is a song in there somewhere my burnt out brain cells fail me.

Classic NYer March 21, 2011 at 6:32 PM  

I tried to figure out, with AT&T, how in the hell a 17 year old can run up a phone bill that has unlimited talk and text.

Actually, that's quite impressive. How did he do that?

Dazee Dreamer March 21, 2011 at 6:44 PM  

$900 cell phone bill. my husband would freak. yikes

brandy-son Zen master flash March 21, 2011 at 9:07 PM  

Sorry lady, I can sort of relate. My husband has had 15 jobs in two years and I'm not exaggerating. I hope it gets better for you real soon.

Rob-bear March 21, 2011 at 9:39 PM  

NO!!! Diazepam plus alcohol is a surefire way to kill yourself.

I hope you didn't have too much of either.

MarkD60 March 22, 2011 at 5:46 AM  

I used to take a lot of Valium when I was growing up. I had to medicate against my parents.
$900 phone bill would kill me. Our phone company is a notorious rip off. The bills are intentionally confusing, and we used to have the highest telephone rates in the world.
Staying out of debt is first priority for me. I had credit card debt and got out of it. Debt is slavery. Never again for me I hope.

Unknown March 22, 2011 at 6:16 AM  

I can SO relate. Just the idea of being dead even - BROKE - sounds amazing. I'm so far in debt I may never climb my way back to zero.

Christy March 22, 2011 at 6:27 AM  

You have to block him from ordering stuff. He'll just have to get over it. I mean really.

Sapphire Dragonflies March 22, 2011 at 6:30 AM  

Sounds like we're paddling up the same stream. Hubby is a roofer. Lately he's been a roofer who can't find reliable contractors who pay at the end of a job. He seems to spend more time chasing checks than he does keeping folks covered and dry...

Cheeseboy March 22, 2011 at 8:37 AM  

I can't stand money problems and I would be in a world of hurt if my wife didn't run the bank for us.

You should add Red Bull to your concoction. That's the one thing I can take that works for me.

The Bipolar Diva March 22, 2011 at 10:46 AM  

Sapphire ~

I know how that goes. It starts at the top. When those checks don't show up there's nothing you can do, everyone down the line suffers. We have subs to pay and payroll to meet and we've been stuck. Luckily all of our subs and payroll have been met, but we have suppliers we owe money to. We were able to borrow the rest.

The Bipolar Diva March 22, 2011 at 10:46 AM  

Cheeseboy- Redbull! Now that's an idea!!

The Bipolar Diva March 22, 2011 at 10:47 AM  

Mark, good for you being out of CC debt. Ours at the moment are pretty much maxed out because of everything.

The Bipolar Diva March 22, 2011 at 10:48 AM  

Brandy~ wow! 15? That's horrible!

carrie March 22, 2011 at 12:21 PM  

Diva dear,

My husband and I did this line of work before the economy tanked and I spent so much time calling people to get paid I threatened to increase our costs because I wasn't paid enough ;)

We got out before it tanked and I am thankful for that. Granted I now work for a small company and I know things are tight for us, but she always has my paycheck!

*hugs* you'll get through!

Unknown March 22, 2011 at 2:32 PM  

Take it from me, you are not the only one in so much debt, that you don't know where to start getting out of debt. I sometimes wish I had the "cocktail" you have concocted for myself. Hang in there, better times ahead!

Pat March 22, 2011 at 7:11 PM  

You DEFINITELY need to look into a new plan because I thought most of them are offering unlimited texting.

As far as that big hole of debt.....no offers of solution except to jump in that hole and bury yourself! Sorry!

Anonymous,  March 23, 2011 at 12:36 AM  

holes are not always bad, Just sayin.

I think your state voted Democrat, please get them to do something different this next election and we will all be better off!!!!

The Bipolar Diva March 23, 2011 at 7:17 AM  

Big Pappi;

I don't think there's a chance in hell that this state will ever vote red. I think I told you of the man that wouldn't let my grandson pet his dog because my grandson had on his "wee-publican" shirt. That about sums up Portland.

Roland D. Yeomans March 23, 2011 at 11:55 PM  

There was an android, Data, on Star Trek that had an OFF button. There are days I envy that android!

I hate to run out of money before I run out of month, too. I had a bookstore for some years -- or rather it had me. Now, I am a rare blood courier with hardly any days off -- but somebody else has to figure out all the paperwork!

Fair trade. May your tomorrow be better, Roland

Furry Bottoms March 24, 2011 at 10:47 AM  

$950?! There has to be something wrong, if theyre supposed to have unlimited text and all that. Were they downloading games or apps or something. WOW.

I think you're doing pretty good, holding it together. I require more help than all that! :)

Green Monkey March 24, 2011 at 2:29 PM  

so hard not to enable them... I'm trying to find the strength to evict my 20 year old daughter. rooms a mess, no regard for authority, found joint in room, etc... $900.00 phone bill! thats insane... stay strong Diva!

The Bipolar Diva March 24, 2011 at 3:15 PM  

After talking to ATT they said that the person I dealt with when I set up the plan for the kids didn't set it up as unlimited. They only gave then 700 minutes and he went WAY over on minutes, along with texting and downloading. His phone has been confiscated and he's paying every cent out of his account.

Anonymous,  March 25, 2011 at 9:07 AM  

LMAO! The great trifecta! I didn't even find any typos!

Unknown March 26, 2011 at 4:01 AM  

Over 900 bucks?!? Wow... That's a Las Vegas vacation! (Where I'm sure you can find more Valium, beer and muscle relaxers.) Wait. That mix IS a Las Vegas vacation- to go! LOL Feel for ya. I've had my own AT&T woes. Keep calling back til you get a c.s. rep who's got kids and is sympathetic. And let us know how it turns out!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP