Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

Am I Turning Liberal?

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Why? Because it's my freaking life and of course nothing could ever be flat lined.

I got up this morning and told kid number 27,642 to take the dogs out.

"But mom, there's a coyote in the driveway. He won't leave."

Great fucking shit! These coyotes are beginning to piss me off. The mangy things seem to be getting a little more bold lately and I wasn't about to take any coyote shit off of the little bastard.

I looked out of the window and there he was, only I could see he was hurt. Being the shallow person I am my first thought was, "How in the hell can I get my car out of the garage to get to Starbucks with a damned hurt coyote in my driveway?"

Time to think. Just who does one call to get an injured wild animal out of your driveway? Nikki and I both got on the phone and were finally directed, after about 20 minutes,  to a number that actually worked.

Within minutes our street was swarming with police, trucks and men standing around taking pictures and scratching their heads about what to do. Finally a bright one decided to put a lassoed type thing around the animal's neck and drag it across the street to the neighbor's yard. Sorry Deanna.

With the coyote being safely away I went out onto the front deck to say thank you.

"Wait right there ma'am."

BANG!

Uh oh, poor coyote. I'm not sure why hearing them shoot the damned thing affected me like it did. I knew it would have to be euthanized. The animal was severely injured and wasn't going to live anyway but I didn't expect them to shoot it right there. I mean, I could have done that.

And that's what I told them. The main guy didn't seem to like me saying that and went into this dissertation on why I wouldn't want to shoot it myself.

Truth is that, even with all my pro NRA talk, I'd have a hard time shooting an animal that was just lying there, where's the sport in that? I guess Andrea's blog post is still with me. Had the animal charged me, or had it been a bad guy I would have had no problem shooting to kill.

Am I turning liberal? No, banish the thought! The poor coyote just looked so sad.  But then again I think he ate my cat. I should have shot the thing.

28 comments:

pamlovesbooks March 3, 2011 at 2:27 PM  

see thats exactly why i dont have a gun. i would shoot the guy at the grocery store who said my coupon expired.

they couldnt call animal cops or summin?

Classic NYer March 3, 2011 at 2:38 PM  

Am I turning liberal?
Come with me to the dark side! ::heavy metallic breathing::

The Bipolar Diva March 3, 2011 at 2:55 PM  

do you have cookies? I'll follow, you know that.

Furry Bottoms March 3, 2011 at 3:26 PM  

I don't know why I am trying to muffle my snorting. Ate your cat, did it?!

We have a tribe of coyotes that live on the golf course around the corner from where I live. Sometimes they come tripasing down my street, but not often. Enough to scare the bejesus out of me though, they're big enough to eat my babies.

Miss Sadie March 3, 2011 at 3:54 PM  

Your concern for the coyote proves you have a heart. With that, you won't be able to stay conservative for too much longer.

Soon, you'll get in touch with reality and become a "realist." I mean, some of us realists have to stand between the wingy liberals and buffoonish conservatives. Right?

Miss Sadie March 3, 2011 at 4:00 PM  

P.S.: Realists are very big on cookies, especially home-made cookies. With peanut butter, or chocolate chips. And milk, from contented cows. Come, I'll share some. I've got enough for me, and you, and your family, and Classic NYer, and lots more!

I know, I know; nibble on your neck and you'll follow me anywhere. Especially if there are cookies. (You would let a cute Poodle nibble on your neck, wouldn't you?)

The Bipolar Diva March 3, 2011 at 4:08 PM  

No Sadie, I'm still a die hard conservative on most issues.....and yes you know I love poodles!

Unknown March 3, 2011 at 4:14 PM  

You crack me up!

"How am I supposed to get to Starbucks around a dying coyote in my driveway!?"

The Bipolar Diva March 3, 2011 at 4:55 PM  

No shit Tricia, I almost needed a valium at the thought of it!

Brenda Susan March 3, 2011 at 4:58 PM  

I hate that killing an innocent animal falls into the conservative side of the equation. Feeling bad about taking an animals life should not put you on the liberal side, but it does I guess.
I am one mixed lady...I hate guns and hunting. I love all races and care about gay people and justice...but I am a conservative lady all the way! Why do these things describe a liberal?
Maybe there is no true black and white description anymore? That would be nice.

Andrew Hall March 3, 2011 at 5:17 PM  

True story. We had a deer die in our back yard. It wandered onto our property and the gate latched behind it. My four year old girl told her grandmum (who was watching her at the time) that Bambi was in the yard. It seems that Bambi got a heart attack or stroke... something like that because it died trying to get find a way out.

Animal control was called and Bambi got carried out. RIP Bambi

Dazee Dreamer March 3, 2011 at 5:59 PM  

Hell, you could have called a cab to take you to Starbucks. Just sayin'.

Monkey Man March 3, 2011 at 6:24 PM  

You? Liberal? That's the funniest post line you've ever written.

The Bipolar Diva March 3, 2011 at 6:29 PM  

MM~ lol, you've seen my liberal side....hehehe

Miss Sadie March 3, 2011 at 7:51 PM  

Aw, Diva. You've become a realist, but can't quite bring yourself to say it.

Cheeseboy March 3, 2011 at 7:56 PM  

Having watched countless amount of Looney Toons, I don't think you are turning liberal. You'd be liberal if you shot the roadrunner and let the coyote live.

Ed Wawrzaszek March 4, 2011 at 3:17 AM  

depends if you are encroaching on the coyotes or the coyotes are encroaching on them. Either way it can be unsettling, we have an issue with black bears.

MarkD60 March 4, 2011 at 5:11 AM  

I agree with you. I wouldn't shoot anything harmless and defenseless. There is a chicken on my street, a real stoopid one. I walk my dawgs, and he stands there in the middle of the street. The dawgs are both chicken killers, but I won't let them kill the stupid chicken.
This morning he actually started walking TOWARDS my dogs, while I was holding them back on the leash.

If youda shot the coyote in your driveway, you would have nicked the concrete anyway. Can't have a bullet-ridden driveway!

Classic NYer March 4, 2011 at 8:55 AM  

P.S.: Realists are very big on cookies, especially home-made cookies. With peanut butter, or chocolate chips. And milk, from contented cows. Come, I'll share some. I've got enough for me, and you, and your family, and Classic NYer, and lots more!

Liberals are big on cookies too!! And poodles! Yay, this is gonna be awesome!

Jones Family March 4, 2011 at 9:19 AM  

Hi there! I just found your blog via a morning blog hop here and I completely enjoy it!

Looking forward to becoming bloggie pals!

:)

Rachel Cotterill March 4, 2011 at 10:23 AM  

Aww. I don't think I've even seen a coyote... we don't have them over here.

The Bipolar Diva March 4, 2011 at 10:28 AM  

Rachel;

They're ugly little things.

Miss Sadie March 4, 2011 at 2:39 PM  

Good grief! Somebody has problems with Bears?

I'd best not let my master read that when he wakes up. That would send him back into hibernation for another 18 months! I couldn't handle that right now!

Miss Sadie March 4, 2011 at 2:43 PM  

Coyotes. Ugly?

Not so, Diva. All canines are beautiful, in their own way. You can trust this Poodle on that one!

brandy-son Zen master flash March 5, 2011 at 11:11 AM  

First - a flat lined life would be boring.

Secondly - I wouldn't have been able to shoot it either. I'm pro gun even though I don't like shooting them. I come from a family of hunters & pro "just put it out of it's misery" people. I went through Hunters Safety and all that but when it would come time to actually shooting a deer I couldn't do it. I especially wouldn't be able to shoot an injured animal in my driveway.

The Bipolar Diva March 5, 2011 at 4:33 PM  

Brandy, I couldn't hunt either. But I'll shoot the hell out of a target!

The Bipolar Diva March 5, 2011 at 4:33 PM  

Sadie;

Coyotes are skanky, ugly little things in my bipolar mind. And I LOVE poodles AND Bears!

Jennifer Juniper March 7, 2011 at 7:02 AM  

I can't believe they shot it right there in front of you!! That makes me want to never call animal control no matter what.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP