Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

Tell Me It Isn't So

Thursday, March 24, 2011

I saw it as soon as I left Starbucks. There appeared to be a chip in the paint on the passenger side door of my car. I could feel my blood pressure on the rise remembering the incident at Best Buy a few months earlier when a five year old threw her mom's car door open and creased my car door. The mom looked at me and walked off. Just thinking about that now makes me crazy, freaking, screaming mad.

I'm careful around other cars. I respect things that belong to someone else, and I want my things respected. Is that too much to ask? Apparently it is. My car seems to be a magnet for idiots. Just weeks after I got it someone scraped the entire bumper while I was in the gym. There was no way in the freaking world that they didn't know they'd hit my car. No note was left. Nothing was left at all except a huge scrape on my brand new car bumper. Tears. Major tears. 

That's what was going through my mind as I neared my car. I kept my eye on the spot hoping that maybe, just maybe, it was a crazy reflection, a piece of a leaf, anything but a chip in the paint the size of a pea.

The closer I got the more sick I became, literally. It wasn't a chip at all. My paint was intact. I reached down to rub off whatever it was on the door.  My fingertips were millimeters away from the object when I realized what it was. Someone had SPIT on my car!

I snapped my hand back so fast I nearly hit myself in the face. I could feel my stomach rising and I thought that any minute I would puke. I mean, I nearly TOUCHED it! The. Diva. Almost. Touched. Human. Spit. Just seeing it was enough to make me gag, I would have so lost my latte had my hand actually come in contact with the disgusting, sticky, body goo.

Respect people! Have some freaking respect!

23 comments:

Debbie March 24, 2011 at 6:32 PM  

eeewwww....glad your paint was not chipped..but eeewww!!~

Jessica Warrick March 24, 2011 at 6:35 PM  

holy shit i would be so freaking pissed and i dont even own and expensive car, but that would totaly piss me off.

Gucci Mama March 24, 2011 at 6:39 PM  

It's hard to say which is worse, the spit or a paint chip.

The Bipolar Diva March 24, 2011 at 6:41 PM  

GM;

I think I'd rather have the paint chip. That could be repaired. But the thought of someone's, gag, spit on my hand would traumatize me forever.

Crisc March 24, 2011 at 7:25 PM  

Geez what the hell is wrong with some people, so gross

Christy March 24, 2011 at 7:34 PM  

Who the hell spits on someone else's car?

Furry Bottoms March 24, 2011 at 7:51 PM  

ew ew ew ew!!!! Even though it wasn't a chip, thank god, it was still indecent!

I wonder if some guy spit out their window while you both were on the road and it landed there. I HATE IT WHEN THOSE GUYS SPIT!!!

Ahem. It was spit, right? Not semen? Just heard about a case where a co-worker would ejaculate in this woman's water bottle when she was not at her desk. She drank it once... said something was wrong with it and threw the bottle away. He did it again. She drank it again and tasted someething weird again and this time took a look. Nothing is safe left at your desk at work, in the parking lot, where ever, I swear.

ANd thank goodness you didn't touch it!!!!!!

Dazee Dreamer March 24, 2011 at 9:17 PM  

men and their spit. pukes me out.

Rob-bear March 24, 2011 at 10:15 PM  

Sorry about the "indignity" to your poor vehicle (being spit on).

In the last two weeks, our car has been hit twice, by hit-and-run drivers. @$#%$^&%!! TWICE!

Glad you survived the insult to your car, and to you! May your car's future be much better! Yours, too.

Anonymous,  March 25, 2011 at 9:06 AM  

OMG! I just totally cringed for you.

What kind of sick bastards do these kind of things? Seriously? What pride does someone take from doing that? UGHHHH! You should link this up to Fawk You Friday!

Cheeseboy March 25, 2011 at 1:50 PM  

NASTY. I think I would rather have someone chip my car. Bastards!

Mimi March 25, 2011 at 5:04 PM  

Dude, that is raunchy!

Mimi

Ed Wawrzaszek March 25, 2011 at 6:06 PM  

I guess I'm different a car is just a car some vehicle to get me from point to point. Hell I only wash it maybe once a year oh ya its that thing that my car is undergoing a scientific dirt test. I had a new car once so I get it. I just don't take is so serious anymore but what really pisses me on is the fact that I bought 80,000 miles tires that need changing at 30,000 considered me pissed on.

W.C.Camp March 25, 2011 at 6:28 PM  

Sorry Diva - don't want to laugh at your pain, but your description was PRICELESS. I paid myself back though for my insensitivity - I sneezed while staring in a mirror! W.C.C.

Jamie March 25, 2011 at 6:49 PM  

That's just wrong, Teri.
Just wrong.

jojo March 25, 2011 at 10:38 PM  

Ugh that would drive me mad. I hate when my sass mobile gets dirty, but spit? I can't imagine.

MarkD60 March 26, 2011 at 7:03 AM  

Glad you didn't touch it. I think the world would end if The Diva soiled a finger. Seriously, some things must be held sacred.

Tony Van Helsing March 26, 2011 at 12:17 PM  

Don't despair. This winter my car skidded on ice at 06:15 in the morning and I wnet into a parked car. Hardly any damage to mine but the bumper on the other was stoved in. As y car was in a dangerous position I moved it down a side street then walked back through the snow to leave my name and number on the windscreen. The girl who owned the car was getting into it and I had to point out what I had done. She was appalled but also pleased that I had come back to tell her. Not everyone is a shit.

The Bipolar Diva March 26, 2011 at 1:48 PM  

You, Tony, are a gentleman. You've restored my faith! :)

e March 27, 2011 at 4:33 PM  

Damn human spit is gross...unless of course ur swapping it with a hot guy ;-)

People make my blood boil. Someone totally hit the side of my vehicle a few weeks ago and just left, no note, nothing, nada.

Gross as it is, I am glad ur car was not damaged!

Anonymous,  March 28, 2011 at 5:03 AM  

I used to go out of my way to park "way out there" in the parking lots. Totally alone. It always amazed me at the hoards of 300 pounders who would wiggle into the spot next to me in their 72 pontiac and unload the aunts, sisters, and everyone's children...always pushing their doors wider in order to..uh..disembark.

Now? I just find two four door compacs to park between.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP