Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

SURPRISE!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

It began innocently enough with a Facebook post while I was in Hawaii which simply said "I'm with your son right now." That was posted on the 5th of February.

It was left for me by a pretty little thing that my son had dated 7 years ago for 3 months. Her next post to me said "Hurry back ♥ "

Oh shit. I knew it. They were going to get married. I know these two kids, I know how they think. That post was on February 7th, two days after they reconnected. 

I got home February 9th at midnight and had two smiley faces waiting for me. That's when I was hit with the big news, "Mom, we're getting married Tuesday."

Tuesday was the 15th and if my math was correct it was 10 days after that first Facebook post.

They're 26. There was no use in trying to get them to wait a bit, no use in trying to talk sense into them. Did I mention they're both unemployed? Did I mention that they're both prone to impulsive behavior? Oh wait, I guess you figured that one out already. Did I mention that I really love these two kids?

Tuesday came and I downed two xanex first thing. We got to the judge's office about noonish.

The first thing we saw when we got to the judge's office was the official "Wedding Car."




I don't have a clue as to what the hell it is, but I'm betting you guys do. All I know it was true Cole and Sara.

Then I saw Sara's wedding boots.




 Once again, true Cole and Sara. If anyone could pull it off Sara could, and she did.

When everyone was present we walked through the door into the judge's small office. You see the key word here is "small."

You should have seen the judge's face. You would have thought she was watching clowns pour out of a minuscule car at the circus. People kept filing in.

In my family alone there was 16. With Cole's dad, Sara's mom and a few of their friends there were 23 of us in a room the size of a walk in closet.

Then the judge promptly got down to business. It was time to sign the papers.









Oh God, this was really happening. Did I tell you that I took two xanex that morning? Yep that would be me. Glad I did.

There was still time to run. There was still time to think through this. There was still time, still time. But oh no, the judge began to speak and I knew it was a done deal.










After the ceremony everyone was hungry. It was 1:00 in the afternoon, lunch time.

We all went to this little, non English speaking, Mexican restaurant, 22 of us. We overwhelmed the place. But again, it was true Cole and Sara.

We toasted over Cokes.



We feasted on enchiladas, fajitas and quesadillas and we celebrated the addition of my newest daughter.  



32 comments:

Nolie February 16, 2011 at 10:48 AM  

Well. ummmm. Congratulations

Furry Bottoms February 16, 2011 at 10:48 AM  

Wowza! The judge is probably used to only the couple and a witness each in her office, not the whole family! ha ha ha, that would've been something to see!

Dee February 16, 2011 at 10:50 AM  

Congrat's, I wish them the best of luck! Hubby said the car is a 1960's (not sure exactly) AMC Rambler! He's in love with it lol!

Unknown February 16, 2011 at 10:58 AM  

The good news is, there is no magic recipe for 'perfect timing'. I know people who dated for 10 years, then got married and divorced almost immediately. And I know people who got married quickly and ended up very happy.

Good luck to them and congratulations!

Monkey Man February 16, 2011 at 10:59 AM  

The Rambler is a classic. I hope the best for them.

e February 16, 2011 at 11:04 AM  

Oh my, you do make me giggle my friend! A unique wedding for a unique couple it seems! Congrats, I wish them all the happiness in the world!
~Michelle

Miss Sadie February 16, 2011 at 11:04 AM  

Well, you had an "interesting" time. And even turned it into a party! (You do have that partying skill don't you.)

The really do like two sparrows in a hurricane, but as Her Royal Majesty, the Queen, would say, "WTF." Ah, young love; ain't it grand.

And the wagon is wild! (I think it is an old Rambler; Nash made them before AMC.)

Thank you so much for sharing the pictures. Great day. Great pix.

A February 16, 2011 at 11:07 AM  

I can't believe they actually went through with it!

Well done for keeping calm throughout the occasion. I'm not sure I would have managed that, even with the Xanax. Maybe with a bottle of vodka... And a taser...

Take care x

HeyHO! February 16, 2011 at 11:21 AM  

That girl has crazy in her eyes...but congratulations anyway! Hope they have many happy years together!

Brenda Susan February 16, 2011 at 12:12 PM  

OMG! You live an amazing life Girl! That is simply a true surprise!

Classic NYer February 16, 2011 at 12:29 PM  

Aw... they look so happy! Disaster is just down the road of course, but fuck it! Let's celebrate today.. er, yesterday!

Brenda Susan February 16, 2011 at 12:35 PM  

Ok, tried to comment earlier but was interrupted by my sons broken down car being unexpectedly towed into my driveway!

But my dear, when you say "surprise" you really mean it! wow, that is some stress-creating news but you handled it great! Good for you!

Unknown February 16, 2011 at 1:15 PM  

First off Ma te car is a 1957 Nash Rambler station wagon. One of the clients at the hanger.. You know.. Where I work ! :)

Allyson & Jere February 16, 2011 at 1:24 PM  

Uhhhm, WOW! Just Wow. That's all I've got. Best of luck to them.

Sey February 16, 2011 at 2:12 PM  

It may have been a real surprise for you. Hahahaha! Congratulations to the newlyweds.

Ed Wawrzaszek February 16, 2011 at 4:35 PM  

Be happy, stay happy and be safe. Best of luck to you.

Sarahf February 16, 2011 at 6:33 PM  

The romantic in me says you never now, crazy things sometimes have a way of working out. At least you got a good party out of it.

Tracie Nall February 16, 2011 at 10:16 PM  

Congratulations to the new couple.

I got married young and quickly...which was upsetting to my whole family...but eight years later, we are still going strong. I hope that your two are as happy as I have been.

MarkD60 February 17, 2011 at 12:48 AM  

Congrats to the newly married couple!
That car is a Rambler! My parents had a blue one, not a station wagon though.

Christy February 17, 2011 at 5:22 AM  

I'm trying to be positive. My mantra is, "it will be okay".

Mimi February 17, 2011 at 6:17 AM  

Well, congratualtions to the new couple. Congratulations to you for handling it so well.

xoxo

Unknown February 17, 2011 at 1:09 PM  

Congratulations.. sometimes friends are the best partners. I was friends with my hubby for 10 years before we ever dated. Got married afer 2 months of dating and are celebrating 16 years this October

Pat February 17, 2011 at 6:17 PM  

Well, there you go. At least they waited till you got back from vacation. :)

You can't talk to kids, anyway. They don't listen.

I wish them the best of luck!

The Queen February 17, 2011 at 6:52 PM  

I so love the wedding boots..and the wedding get away car.. it's so Royal.

Anonymous,  February 17, 2011 at 8:18 PM  

Congratulations. I hope they will be very happy together all the days of their lives. :)

W.C.Camp February 17, 2011 at 9:19 PM  

I have to say on such short notice the dress is very attractive. Diva, I wish you would have helped a bit with the bride's pumps though??? Mmmm - enchiladas and Coke for a wedding dinner sounds GREAT ... sure beats some $50 a head snooty dinner service of pale chicken and blanched veggies huh! Congrats to the Newlyweds and the entire family - you all seem very supportive. W.C.C.

Mrs. Indecisive February 17, 2011 at 9:19 PM  

26 would be a decent age to get married, but being unemployed sure will make it rough on them! Congrats on the new daughter though :)

Cheeseboy February 18, 2011 at 6:20 PM  

In my months as your friend, one thing I have learned is that your life is NEVER, EVER, boring. Congrats to the newlyweds!

Holly February 18, 2011 at 11:49 PM  

Well best wishes to Cole and Sara! Take another Xanax mom... LOL!! A day to remember! The best part was all the support they had there with them for their moment. ((HUGS)) Looks like you acquired another girl!

8 Ball Brian February 21, 2011 at 10:54 AM  

if Cole and Sara chose such a sweet Rambler as their wedding coach, it just goes to show if they stick to it, they have the imagination to deal with virtually anything.(hey, they could have wanted to use a certain pink Harley, LOL)
the best of everything to them, in their new lives together...

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP