Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

Wow! Just Wow!

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

As I sit here typing, I'm still shaking my head, and laughing,  regarding an email, FB message conversation, that I was part of today.

It's no secret I lean toward the Conservative side politically on some things, I'm libertarian on some things, and even a tad liberal on others, big deal. Some of my best friends are liberals, open minded, and respectful people I'm proud to be seen with, call my friends and have fun and laugh with. None of us judge the book by the cover, none of us put others in boxes. We're all human, right?

So this guy begins this conversation with me because of our mutual passion for motorcycles, cool, I love talking bikes. So we banter back and forth, then he realizes my political affiliation, big deal, most of us have our opinions. Oh, to him, it was a HUGE deal.

I'm just in total, complete, amazement some people that shout out regarding "tolerance, and acceptance," sometimes are the least tolerant, and accepting, of all.

All I can really do is shake my head, laugh at the ignorance of some in our melting pot of a society, and wonder, where my mixed race, adopted children would be today, had I had that same tunnel vision, that same ignorance. 

I'm about live and let live, funny I think. The saying comes to mind, "The only truly blind, are those that will not see."

It's ok, I'm as cool as hell, and you guys know it!

Ciao!


10 comments:

Anonymous,  April 2, 2014 at 5:52 PM  

woman, i am so proud of you for posting this. As your fundamentally liberal counterpart (me loves me some Obama) towards issues on which you tend to be more conservative, i am always THANKFUL that you are in my world to remind me that we live in a country where the very foundation of our freedom exists because we respect diversity of thought. And where we align (socially, politically, HUMANELY), I cherish as so much as well. So, anyway, fuck him. xo, AC.

Anonymous,  April 2, 2014 at 5:52 PM  

woman, i am so proud of you for posting this. As your fundamentally liberal counterpart (me loves me some Obama) towards issues on which you tend to be more conservative, i am always THANKFUL that you are in my world to remind me that we live in a country where the very foundation of our freedom exists because we respect diversity of thought. And where we align (socially, politically, HUMANELY), I cherish as so much as well. So, anyway, fuck him. xo, AC.

cj Schlottman April 2, 2014 at 9:26 PM  

Isn't it wonderful that we don't feel the need to change others' belief sets? Too bad they want to change ours. Really, too bad.

The Bipolar Diva April 2, 2014 at 9:38 PM  

AC, girlfriend, you are one of the people I had in mind when I was reading his crap. Look at us, polar opposites, yet, we see each other as people, with differing views, not as someone to shun.....ignorance!

The Bipolar Diva April 2, 2014 at 9:39 PM  

Claudia, I know. I'm still laughing because, it's all so ridiculous! You'd think in this day and time, especially in Portland, people would step out of the dark ages! Love you!

MarkD60 April 3, 2014 at 6:05 AM  

A closed mind thinks it's open, and an open mind thinks it's closed..

Angel The Alien April 3, 2014 at 7:00 PM  

I think of myself as a liberal, but I have friends and family members who are conservatives. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and beliefs. I don't mind DISCUSSING my beliefs with someone who doesn't agree with me. But I would feel very uncomfortable if that person was being rude and insulting to me, and I would never treat another person that way either!

myinnerchick.com April 5, 2014 at 10:03 AM  

I agree 100%, Diva.

This is the precise reason our world is so f*cked up...because nobody respects one another's opinions, religion, values.

I once had somebody say "How can you allow your family to be Republican?" I answered, "Are you kidding me? Isn't that what democracy is?"...but I wanted to say SHUT THE F UP!

xx

Unknown April 15, 2014 at 10:39 PM  

he sounds like a p&ssy to me. Obama loving limp wrist. Just my opinion of course!

Red Shoes April 27, 2014 at 9:08 AM  

I tend to think of myself as a political moderate... yet, some of my liberal friends throw me into the ultra-right wing category because i refuse to fall into their Obama-driven frenzy..

I just don't share their love for the man.. his politics.. his administrations...

But the thing is.. I still like THEM.. my friends...

It's more of an issue to them than to me.

I hope all is going well for you, Diva...

~shoes~

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP