Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

Life Lesson From A Wise Man

Saturday, November 23, 2013

First of all, the picture I chose does not resemble the man of which I write, but there is enough of a resemblance that he will know. The cap, the glasses and the whiskers.

He is a very wise man and he taught me an incredible life lesson recently.

The lesson was to feel, and not to harm, to choose my words more carefully, after much consideration, and after emotion has come under control, even when I am hurting and confused, I need to stop and think.

He taught me what I have attempted to teach my children, that once spoken, or written, words are not easily forgotten. They leave a mark on people's souls, scars that heal slowly, and that trust must be regained.

He taught me to slow down and think rationally. He taught me much more than that, but the most important thing he taught me was that when you speak out of fear and emotion, you are likely to say the wrong thing, or express your feelings in a way that doesn't come across appropriately. 

He taught me to think, evaluate, and take a breath. He taught me that there are lives that can not be lost.  He taught me that if I don't choose my words wisely, people will be extremely hurt and very afraid.

I hope he reads this. If he does, I hope that he will "like" it on my Facebook page, then I will know that he will know that he made a life long impression on me, and made an incredible difference in my life, and in those around me, and in the way I react, the way I live. He will know that he changed my life for the better, and forever.

He made an impression on me that will never be forgotten.

Thank you, you are wise, you are amazing, and you are special. 


6 comments:

Red Shoes November 23, 2013 at 4:49 AM  

I would say that he has taught you the difference between a 'response' and a 'reaction'...

When we respond, results tend to be positive and understanding is achieved, whereas, when we 'react,' outcomes are negative and chaos more than likely ensues...

Peace to you...

~shoes~

Jamie November 23, 2013 at 6:47 AM  

Teri, life is too short. .too uncertain, we both know that.
Can you sit with him and tell his this directly? Or by phone if not? Or video chat? I know if someone wanted to tell me this, it would strike ohhh so much deeper. . .
I hope you can, if not then this will undoubtedly impact him. I'm glad you have this man in your life, I hope he continues to lend strength.

Rob-bear November 23, 2013 at 10:23 AM  

Wonderful lessons in wisdom! I'm so glad the two of you met each other!

Blessings and Bear hugs!

Rob-bear November 23, 2013 at 10:51 AM  

How wonderful that you two met and talked! He is real blessing in your life.

More blessings, and Bear hugs!

Outcast November 24, 2013 at 6:42 AM  

This man sounds like quite the incredible human being Diva, I'd love to be able to learn the lessons he's taught you.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP