Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

I Didn't Think It Through

Thursday, July 12, 2012

I really didn't think it through very well, but when do I ever think things through well?

I dropped my motorcycle off this morning with the guy that did the paint job on it five years ago. A friend noticed that around the gas cap area the paint was beginning to bubble up so Ben, the master of paint, is going to repair it for me.



What's the problem? Well the problem is that last night was bike night and I had planned on going but I had no bike. I decided to brave it and do something I haven't done in years, and that was to ride on the back of another bike.

After riding my own motorcycle for years the thought of riding on the back of anyone's bike scares the hell out of me. Right now, thinking about it, I need a Xanax. That tells you how excited I was for this "new" venture. But I did it. I needed something to take my mind off of some medical problems my daughter's been having so I conquered my fear and climbed on back.

I asked nicely, or so I thought, for him not to scare me and to chill out with his riding technique. As we turned out of the driveway I knew I should have taken a Xanax before we left, it wasn't going to be an easy ride.

I was freaked out the entire time, but we made it safely. Once we were there I felt lost, I'd never been there without my bike and I have to admit I missed the attention she gets when I take her anywhere. She's beautifully retro and totally me, right down to my kiss print on the tank.



We hung around for awhile before deciding to take the long way home, another "why did I do it" moment. But it was fun. My friend didn't take the corners as he usually does when we ride together and was pretty respectful of my request not to scare me.

But once we were off the country roads and on the highway another problem cropped up, I REALLY had to pee and my jeans and my underwear were REALLY beginning to bother me. I was squirming all over the place which was distracting him and we couldn't have that. I needed all of his attention on the task at hand.

I could wait to pee but I couldn't wait to fix my jeans and underwear. It was getting worse by the second and I just knew I was going to get gangrene if I didn't do something fast. I had no choice I had to try to tackle the problem.

So flying 70 mph down the highway I undid the buckle on my chaps, I undid the buckle on my belt, I unzipped my jeans and tried to move things around. I had to do all this while trying not to distract him and trying not to be noticed by the cars we were zipping past. Not so sure I accomplished that last feat.

He noticed something was happening.

"Teri, what in the hell are you doing?"

"Just trying to get comfortable."

"Well cut it out. You're moving the bike around."

"I can't. I have to zip up my jeans."

"WHAT?"

"I have to zip up my jeans, buckle my belt and buckle my chaps."

"WHAT? WHY?"

"I was going to get gangrene! Just keep riding!"

I'm sure he was wondering, but he didn't ask and I wasn't going to tell.

I made it home alive and gangrene free. 









 

10 comments:

Rob-bear July 12, 2012 at 5:00 PM  

Sorry about you "baby bike," lady Diva. But glad you didn't get gangrene.

I guess I'm a bit like you; when things aren't right, I notice it. A lot. Like you not taking your bike to bike night. Poor baby! (Both of you.)

And what's the story in the "medical problems my daughter's been having." More of the "same old, same old" with the Bipolar Princess? Man, that is a bummer! Sorry to hear it.

Blessings and Bear hugs all round!

The Bipolar Diva July 12, 2012 at 8:05 PM  

Karli's been having seizures and we can't find out why even after all the tests and doctors in the hospital. Trying like heck to get her into a neurologist ASAP. She's been Having blackouts for a while and they're thinking those have been seizures as well. Jakob heard he seizing about 6 in the morning the other day and called 911. he's such a good boy and my little hero.

Cloudia July 12, 2012 at 9:13 PM  

yeah, selling my big BMW toaster tank was like selling my identity - but it was too much for how I just bop around town now. I don't need the notoriety or admiration. I'm happy to be the nut lady on the Zuma. I'm on 2 wheels though - not talking about the bikes I used to have! Packing IS putting yourself in someone else hands - no way. I'm a better rider than 98%. Did ride 2 up with my hubby though....nice memories around New Jersey,,,,,Big Island...


Pleasant thoughts &
Aloha from Waikiki
Comfort Spiral
> < } } ( ° >

Dazee Dreamer July 12, 2012 at 9:19 PM  

You are one freaking brave woman to do anything besides holding on for dear life. Here's an idea, ask him to pull over so you can adjust yourself. oh wait, you love the thrill. never mind. :)

Outcast July 13, 2012 at 5:29 AM  

Sorry to hear about your bike Diva, when something's wrong I just can't help but notice it and be annoyed by it so I definitely do understand. I love how bad ass the bike looks in the photos too, I didn't think that pink could look so damn cool on a bike.

Princess Kate July 13, 2012 at 7:03 AM  

Glad you made it ok. Love your bike.

Nolie July 13, 2012 at 11:48 AM  

LMAO I am sorry but that is totally funny that you did all that while he was still driving.

Tracie Nall July 13, 2012 at 2:46 PM  

I think I would have passed out from fear if I had tried to do that. Scary! Happy you made it home safe and gangrene-free!

Susie - Walking Butterfly July 13, 2012 at 4:11 PM  

Lol! I know what you mean about the discomfort bit. as you know I only ride 2 up with my Hubs and if my sock is bugging me or something itching in my collar I try to fix it without disturbing the Hubs. But it seems like the discomfort gets magnified until it is fixed when you're on a bike.

Christy July 15, 2012 at 2:28 PM  

I can't stop laughing! You have the most problems with bodily functions.

And I hope the medical problems are getting better so you can relax a bit.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP