Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

Panic!

Friday, April 20, 2012

I was running low on one of the meds that helps keep me from ripping heads off of the minions, Xanax.

I went to the pharmacy website and submitted my order for 1 mg. tablets of the miracle drug. There were no refills left so the pharmacy had to fax the doctor. No biggie, I thought.

I went to pick them up this morning and they were for, deep breath, .25 mgs! That's 1/4 of what I usually rely upon to keep me sunny side up. I almost fell dead right there in front of the diabetes paraphernalia and the condoms! Side thought: Why do they have the diabetic stuff and the condoms next to each other?

I composed myself and as soon as I crossed the threshold of my house I emailed the doctor to see if he changed (insert heart flutter) my prescription. By that time I was in a cold sweat.

He's the most awesome doctor in the world and emailed me right back. The pharmacy made a mistake. Whew! I thought he thought I was being a crazed drug seeker. I guess after my reaction I kinda was.

Anyway he offered to fax over another prescription but I didn't want to seem desperate for it so I counted out what I had and decided the miniscule tablets would get me through until my next appointment on May 15th, that is if no major panic attacks come my way.

I don't take Xanax that often, usually only when a panic attack sneaks up from out of the shadows. I rely mainly on Ativan and Valium. So I think I might live, even though the very thought of being out of Xanax sends me over the edge of all reason.

Drug seekingly yours,


20 comments:

Karen Mortensen April 20, 2012 at 6:37 PM  

I know what you mean. I loved my Ativan.

Dazee Dreamer April 20, 2012 at 9:03 PM  

Thank god it wasn't his fault. damn pharmacy

LadyVDub April 20, 2012 at 9:11 PM  

I've had the same Xanax prescription for 3 years. I'm down to two. I should probably find myself a new therapist and get it refilled.

joanne April 20, 2012 at 9:30 PM  

I'd be locked up some where without my ativan.

Snowbrush April 20, 2012 at 10:39 PM  

I'm glad it was so easily rectified. I can't believe you have a doctor whom you can emailed directly and will email you back.

middle child April 20, 2012 at 11:56 PM  

I think it's more the thought of not having enough or fear of running out.

Outcast April 21, 2012 at 1:09 AM  

This post annoys me a bit Diva because it's simply not fair on you that you have to pay because the pharmacy made a mistake. Here's hoping these .25s can last you until the next prescription comes in, I've heard Xanax works wonders on panic attacks.

Nicole April 21, 2012 at 5:52 AM  

lol - Thats all I can say. I totally get it. I have not talked to my doc about my panic disorder getting worse lately, because I was afraid I would look like someone wanting drugs. Truth i - Xanax may be just what I need. ;-)

highheeledlife April 21, 2012 at 8:04 AM  

OMYGOSH!! I soo know what you are saying!! ... I'm going through med adjustments from cymbalta to another drug and it can be over whelming not only what is going to occur. I'm happy it all got sorted out!! Breathe, Breathe!!

Things have been all over the map with med changes... so I haven't been able to visit as often. Hopefully I'm getting back on track...xo HHL

Rob-bear April 21, 2012 at 8:52 AM  

Glad you merely "brushed" against the panic button when you walked beside it, and didn't sit on it. You are telling the truth, right? RIGHT!?

And condoms beside diabetic supplies. Why not? Everybody's got to have some fun. Even diabetics.

So, as long as you don't feed your xanax to your pet xerax, you'll be fine. And so will the xerax.

The Bipolar Diva April 21, 2012 at 9:43 AM  

Yes Snow, I have an incredible doctor. I love that I can reach him by email and he always gets beck to me quickly.

Bear, yes they're right together. It makes me laugh.

Celia; med adjustments are so not fun. I HATE them!

Nicole; Xanax is fast acting and works really well!

Yeamie; I can't believe the pharmacy messed it up, oh well at least I have an incredible doctor.

Middle child;
you are SO right. the thought is terrifying.

Joanne I know what you mean!

LadyVdub;
I usually have mine for quite some time, but when I've had to change out ambien when it stops working I have to take three xanax to sleep.

Dazee; Really! The pharmacy has never messed up my scripts, but it would be my luck they would with my Xanax!

Karen; I love mine too!

Unknown April 21, 2012 at 11:19 AM  

EEk I am glad it was a simple mistake and he can fix it for you. Deep breathes in and out.

MarkD60 April 21, 2012 at 9:33 PM  

why not just take 4 of the .25's? Same as a 1.00

The Bipolar Diva April 21, 2012 at 10:36 PM  

I will, but it's not enough to get me through the month with only a quarter as much as usual.

Rachel Cotterill April 22, 2012 at 2:47 AM  

Hopefully you won't need more before your appointment - but I'm sure they'll understand if you do. I would be straight back to the pharmacy and tell them they've made a mistake, after all, I'm sure they've charged you the same amount for 1/4 of the drug!

Babes Mami April 22, 2012 at 10:53 AM  

That would send me into a panic of itself too!

The Bipolar Diva April 22, 2012 at 1:45 PM  

Rachel; they did charge me the same!

Babes; it's a scary thought!

Christy April 23, 2012 at 1:55 PM  

I've never had Xanax, only Ativan. But when I needed it, I can't imagine not having it.

Classic NYer May 17, 2012 at 11:41 AM  

Were the condoms flavored? If they were, that would explain the diabetic paraphanalia.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP