Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

I'm Not Sure What To Say

Monday, April 9, 2012



Rarely am I at a loss for words. If you know me at all, you know that I say what I think and sometimes not in the most appropriate way. But tonight I can't think of how to start, of where to start. I can't decide how much to tell or how little to tell.

I guess I should start at the beginning. About 12 years ago a State worker pulled up in front of my house. With him were two boys that had recently been taken by the State of Oregon. Those boys, Taylor was 10 and Jeremiah was 18 months, would become my sons.

A few years ago Taylor went through a rough patch and we didn't see him for years. Last week I ran into him at a restaurant. It was a restaurant I wasn't even headed to. It was a spur of the moment,  "turn here," time.

I was standing in the lobby with friends waiting for a table when a young man approached me. It took me a moment to realize the handsome young man was my son Taylor. I hadn't seen, or talked to, Taylor in over two years and only a handful of times since he was about 18.

He was smiling and had his arms outstretched. He said "Mom!" He hugged me and didn't let go. I was in shock. I didn't know what to do the only thing I knew was that I was happy to have my son in my arms again.

I thought the hug would never end. We stood there for what seemed like an eternity in amazement that I was face to face with my long lost son. Soon my name was called, we said our good byes and my friends and I went to our table.

As he was leaving Taylor came and found us. He sat and talked as if he'd never been away. He then asked if I would be home today, Easter,  and said he wanted to come by.

"Of course I'll be home and of course you can come over," I said not really certain that he would show.

Yesterday I got a text from Taylor saying that he would indeed be over today. About 3:30 my prodigal son walked through the door of his home, into the arms of his family. I couldn't have been more overjoyed. I've missed him so much.

I was hurt through the years that he made the decision to avoid us. But I can understand being taken by the state and plopped into a new family would give a kid all sorts of things to figure out.

Today, holding my son in my arms, was incredible. To hear him call me "Mom," was the most joyous sound I could imagine.

He leaves later this summer to go to school in Santa Rosa and play football. I'll miss him. But to have him back in my life is amazing. I've missed him, I've cried for him and I've hurt for him.

The best thing of all is that my daughter told me she saw him after we did that night at the restaurant. She told him how happy she was that he approached us and he told her how happy he was to have his mom back.

The missing piece is back. The hole has been filled. My son is home.

Taylor meeting his nephew, Jax, for the first time. 




My son and his Mom. My baby's back.

25 comments:

Dazee Dreamer April 9, 2012 at 8:26 AM  

That is so wonderful. Goosebumps for sure.

High Heeled Life April 9, 2012 at 8:27 AM  

Tears ran down my cheeks as I read your words. What a beautiful Easter miracle and gift you were given!! My friend it was coincidence that you and your darling husband turn into that restaurant... Angels were certainly busy uniting you with your son. Wishing you many blessings and many decades of happiness with him. xo HHL

Christy April 9, 2012 at 8:37 AM  

Love for our children never ends.

Outcast April 9, 2012 at 8:50 AM  

I'm with everybody else in saying that I'm so happy to read about this Diva, this is just awesome news, I'm really pleased for you.

Susie - Walking Butterfly April 9, 2012 at 9:09 AM  

Ok maybe you don't cry very often (according to yesterdays post) but you got me going this morning! So happy for you!

Anonymous,  April 9, 2012 at 9:20 AM  

This made me cry!!! The most beautiful thing I've heard all day!! XOOXOX

Classic NYer April 9, 2012 at 10:20 AM  

This is the sweetest thing I've read all day!

Unknown April 9, 2012 at 10:20 AM  

I am so happy for you hun. He is quite a handsome young man with one proud momma. I am so glad the angels guided you to make that turn..

Karli April 9, 2012 at 11:16 AM  

TEARS! I love you, Mom.

jen April 9, 2012 at 12:12 PM  

I'm covered in chills. I can only hope that one day my own prodigal foster son who was ripped from my arms will one day return and call me mom.
I'm so happy for you.

Unknown April 9, 2012 at 2:33 PM  

I am in tears of happiness for you! You received the best Easter present!

Unknown April 9, 2012 at 4:09 PM  

Im so happy for you all that you have reconnected.. We love our kids no matter what! Congratulations on the return of your son!

The Bipolar Diva April 9, 2012 at 4:44 PM  

Thank you all, thank you so much!

Karyn April 9, 2012 at 7:31 PM  

I guess time does heal- I am so happy for all of you, I know you have agonized over him.

Just Two Chicks April 9, 2012 at 7:47 PM  

:) He's very handsome and you are so lucky to have such a large and wonderful family :)

Rob-bear April 10, 2012 at 1:59 AM  

Wonders never cease. I'm so happy for you!

MarkD60 April 10, 2012 at 5:17 AM  

You must have been guided to him.

Tere April 10, 2012 at 6:05 AM  

So happy for you. Everything happens for a reason.

Nolie April 10, 2012 at 8:18 AM  

What a great Easter gift.

Kimberly April 10, 2012 at 9:24 AM  

Fate was working on both of your sides that day.
so wonderful. I am happy for all of you.

Liz Mays April 11, 2012 at 2:11 PM  

That made me tear up! I am so very happy to hear this!

Claudya Martinez April 13, 2012 at 6:53 PM  

I'm in tears. So happy you have found your way back into each others lives.

Unknown April 14, 2012 at 9:58 PM  

What a handsome man. Nothing replaces a mother's love.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP